I got the cutest chicken hat today...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

No, I don't mean hats for my chickens....

I mean a hat for ME!!! Our company has an annual craft sale for employees who do their own craft projects. There are woodworkers and jewelry makers and all sorts of stuff. Anyway, this one lady who knits fun bags and hats was there, and I was completely excited to see her chicken hats. I know, some of you will think it's a bit immature, but I think it's hilarious. It will be my egg-collecting hat that I wear each morning or evening when I go to collect eggs. I will feel "at one" with my flock.

The top has the chicken head on it and then there are wings, and a tail. The feet hang down the sides and there are actual toes in there.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here it is on my hand.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And on me!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Side view, for the full effect.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

So here is the best thing....she will custom make hats! And they are only $20, which I thought was a good deal. Plus shipping, but they are very lightweight.

If you are interested, send me a dmail and I will give you her info. She can make a hat based on a photo of your favorite chicken. I thought it would make a neat present for chicken lovers. I am going to get her to make a Rosie hat for me.

Her daughter does spinning. Next spring, when we shear the llamas, she will spin the fiber for us and then I can get a llama hat made from our own llama wool! Hee hee!

(Zone 7b)

That is so cool that someone could knit a hat that looks like a chicken. Comical yet practical all at the same time and it looks good on you!
You are so not immature i play nintendo with my son and want a nintendo DS for christmas and i love disney movie's.
I watch all the rudolph and frosty movie's at christmas and my favorite is the polar express.
Why i get all goofy and giddy at christmas time i even wear jingle bells on my shoe's LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thanks Harmony! It just makes me giggle and anything that gives me a laugh is a good thing! I like the Polar Express movie too!

Newton, AL

I LOVE IT!!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I just giggle every time I look at it :-)

Newton, AL

does the person who made it make them for sale.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yup, $20 apiece. Want one? I told her I might get some orders from my chicken pals when they saw my hat and wanted one for themselves! She will make them custom too, from a photo, if you want specific colors. They are so soft and fuzzy and warm.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

That is the cutest thing ever! You look darling Claire! I love it.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thanks ZZ - it's a fun hat. It makes me think about goat hats and llama hats and....

I think Catscan needs a chicken hat.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

OMG that is just too funny! I do not have chickens but I would love that hat! Yes, I know I SHOULD have chickens but DH is set against it. Don't worry though, I will eventually wittle him down. :^)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Tetley - you need to get the hat and wear it around DH and occasionally make gentle clucking noises. He will get used to it and not notice when you have real hens around - he'll just think it's the hat. :-)

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Now THAT is an idea with merit! LOL

(Zone 7b)

LOL!! Wear a chicken hat and clucking i would pay to see that :o)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

That hat is cute, I could just see me waring one around here. My neighbors think I am strange as it it.

I wonder can she make dog hats????

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

lol! I LOVE it! wear that out to collect those eggs and the hens will definitely know who is TOP of the peckin order! teehee!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Tetley, My DH was against them too. After 14 years he finally caved!!! We have chickens and he even has one hen of his own. LOL! Dont loose heart. The hat would make a cute addition to any wardrobe. ;D I like cmoxon's idea of wearing it with sound effects!!! Sweet! I love the Nintendo DS too. Both my kids have one. I can always borrow theirs. I like Crash. and Jingle bells rock (mostly on shoes though !)
Jeanmarie

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

She didn't have dog hats but I bet she could. She had chickens, turkeys, ears of corn (with a tassel out the top) and plain hats of fun colors.

Do you think the roosters will get the hots for me! LOL!

I will not touch that one!!!!LOL

(Zone 7b)

I'll touch It you may have to fight them off with a stick. LMAO!!

Nintendo is cool i wanted a touch Ipod but those are expensive so i'm gettin DS instead.

Jingle bells on my shoes one red on the right and a green on the left and a santa hat on my head LOL!!

All decked out for the holidays.

I play games on my lap top. I play, pause. pop into DG, play, pause. etc

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh! I need to get a little tiny Santa hat to put on the top of the chicken head on my hat, for Christmas! LOLOL!

(Zone 7b)

LMAO!!!!!

kent, WA

That is so cool!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!;)

(Zone 7b)

Hey why not make little chicken hats for the chickens that would be a funny site to see but you know their combs would be all nice and warm.

kent, WA

could i posibly get the pattern? my grandma likes to knit and also loves chickens so she would love this!:)

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

love, love, love it if i had one i'd wear it too!!! some of my kid's would probably wear them too cuz we r all bird fanatics,lol. if i had the money i'd get a few of them. u look adorable in ur new hat and i love how real looking it looks too! she does an excellent job makeing them usually chicken stuff look nothing like they r suppost to they look to cartoonish looking, i can't get over how real looking it looks. too kool!!!

ps. ya might want to carry a broom with ya from now on incase jes sayin, lmbo.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Hats for chickens, You may have to wait to put it on when they are asleep! Keeping it on with out the others eating it could get tricky! LOL

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree Claire.. Catscan needs one when she is riding her scooter to work!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

What do you think ZZ - perhaps a bright blue one? Purple? Or a fayoumi styled one? Oh, the possibilities...

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

OMG that is so funny! I don't raise chickens (well not anymore) and have never checked this forum but your title was just too good to resist. Stay young at heart!

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Claire, I want one for sure!!! I'll send you a dmail for details.

Don't let a rooster sneak up behind you, girl.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Another chicken Hat pattern :)

http://www.alohamedia.net/sarah/hats/chicken-viking/

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Eeeewwwwww! LMAO! I'd wear Claire's, but not that one!!! I can see my kids showing up with those on their heads for Thanksgiving, though!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I MUST HAVE A CHICKEN HAT!!!! Dmail coming to find out how to order.

Newton, AL

I absolutely want at least 3.... I have friends that would love this hat.

(Zone 7b)

$"Cha-ching"$

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.