Congrats to our critterologist aka Jill!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2008/winners.php?catid=294
Runner-up with her pic....Yeah, Jill!!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

And I'd bet that's in her backyard! Great picture, Jill!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You got it! I put more photos from our trees in my cherry pie article. :-)

With all those amazing photos submitted, I'm honored that one of mine made it anywhere near the "winners' circle" LOL. And WildRose got 2 in the running!

OK, next year... more MidAtlantic photos must be submitted... we're going to strive to make it to the calendar... :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

whoops, that was 3 from Rose, not 2... including one of my very favorites, of her daughters walking through that field... :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes agreed...I posted a thread for Karen as well. I've asked Dave for a Macro category as well....let the "shooting" begin...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh, I can find some nice macros in my files... I was taking photos of snowflakes yesterday! LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG Jill....those would be perfect!!! I have shots from years ago but was with an old camera...I'd love to get some new "winter" shots with the newer one!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congratulations Jill! Was that taken with your new Sony camera? Maybe I can make mine take a great pic like that someday :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You know my new camera took that shot, yes indeed!

(Miata introduced me to her camera, and that cinched my decision on which one to buy... and she is taking plenty of great photos with hers, too!)

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Let's just say with this camera I now have some hope :) I'm glad you're pleased with the camera and I was happy to let you borrow mine to make up your mind.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I was pretty convinced when I read that I could use the touchscreen to tell the camera, "focus HERE, yes, right on this flower." After taking a couple of test shots with your camera, I knew that was the one I was getting for sure, whether or not it was on sale, LOL.

The new Cyber-shot cameras have up to 10.1 megapixels and still have up to 5x optical zoom... ;-)

Alas, it looks like only the ones with lesser optical zoom come in fun colors...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOVE any help with the ole camera...i.e. image stabilizer..."flash needed"...you know all the good stuff

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What camera are you working with, Chantell? I think I remember you having one with that "super macro" mode that I love (where you can cram the camera right up against what you're trying to photograph), but I don't remember what it was.

A lot of the newer ones have image stabilizer and more "built in," and if the light is too low for no flash (which is often the setting I use), the camera will give me this little "shaky hand" icon warning me that it's going to need to keep the shutter open longer and so my hand had better be rock steady.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I still have my Canon Powershot S3 - Diane's got the newer S5...wowzers!!! Yes I LOVE my supermacro...and if the subject doesn't move nothin' better then putting on the 10x filter...wooooo whoooo up close and personal. This bloom's about the size of 1/2 my pinkie nail...and I dont' think the filter was used on this shot...can't remember now...ugh

Thumbnail by Chantell
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous! I also crop photos to enlarge them, if I don't need all the resolution of the image.

Been toying with the idea of getting a "good" camera with a higher power zoom... trying to decide how often I'd bother with a camera that didn't fit in my pocket... very spoiled that way with my little Sony T-2!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Congrats Jill! Love those cherries! Yummmmm!

I too have been thinking (dreaming) of upgrading cameras. I currently have a Canon Powershot A630. Think I want one of the Nikon digital SLRs.

$$$$$$!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We may just have to meander over to the Photography forum & see what the DG shutterbugs are saying. :-)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Critter, I love your cherries. They are mouth watering!!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

They were indeed very tasty... made a couple of outstanding cherry pies last summer!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

For you, Chantell... snowflake on the edge of a rhodi leaf. This one blew me away when I cropped it a bit... Don't you love it when the camera sees something you didn't even know you'd captured?

Thumbnail by critterologist
Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Critter: Loved your photo! Congrats.

I also love my little Sony Cybershot. I've got the older one DSC-N2, but love the touchscreen. They just take the best photo's. The only thing I would really like is a wide-angled lens, but lets not get greedy! hehe.

Kat

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Kat! I'm so glad your "heads" will be on the calendar. Congratulations!

I voted to put them in December, because I think of that as a month for family gatherings and parties... :-)

Ah...that's cool! Yeah...it's hard to figure out where they fit in.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Plus, I thought the one with the red hibiscus behind her ear looked holiday-festive. If you'd like to see them in a different month, I'll see if I can change my vote or lobby for their placement!

Hahaha. No...I really haven't got a clue where those crazy heads fit in! They kind of do look like they're dressed for the Holidays though! hehe

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on your runner-up picture! Bet those cherries were dee-licious!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmm, maybe I'd better get cracking on making jam from the cherries in the freezer, so I can put a jar on the "gift" table for the midwinter swap... ;-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Critter, How did I miss that you took those cherry pics????
I love that picture.

KatG, Where did you get those heads they are wonderful?

Rose, I especially like your Sinningia Leucotricha. That is a wonderful picture. Those girls of yours what a great carefree image.

luvsgrtdanes: "Crab apples" made the cut, too. Very nice but really loved your Pot picture.

Onewish1, Beautiful Begonia and that hummer. WOW

Congrats to all winners Mid-Atlantic group did pretty good.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill!!! I love it!!! I'm tellin' you...frost, snow and ice make one of the most fascinating macro subjects!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

congrats! LOVE that snowflake pic.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I may see if that snowflake photo is sufficiently high-res to submit next year... I did have to crop a bit to get it. :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Congratulations, Critter! So glad you're having fun with your new camera.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Well now............congrats to anyone who got one in the winners box. Giving you something to think about. A camera is or soon will be on the market with 34 megapixels. Suggest you get a big beer mug to save for this one. A tea cup will never make do.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

34!!! my eyes just got very wide. I don't think I can write enough articles to pay for that one... ;-)

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Jill,

Crisp, clean, and colorful. The subject evokes a smile and makes the viewer feel happy. Congratulations!

Pam

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Pam! Those cherries sure made us smile... :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.