Fruit & nut tree co-op

(Bre) Sellersville, PA(Zone 7a)

Hello - I just wanted to let you know I am starting a Fruit & nut tree, fruiting vines & veggie seed co-op - it is in the interest stage now.
Hope you'll join us!
bre

Anna, IL

How about a little more info. It sounds interesting but don't understand exactly what it is or does.
RED

Colton, CA(Zone 8b)

barhea, how does that work with fruit trees most of which don't reproduce true by seed? Don

They have alot of great info on the website - groworganic.com

Some do need pollination, some are self fruitful. Here is an example from their website for the fruit salad tree:

Four of the following five varieties: Gold Dust Peach, Independence Nectarine, July Elberta Peach, Late Santa Rosa Plum, and Blenheim Apricot

Zones: 7-10
Chill hours: 300—700
Dave Wilson's Taste Test Top Scorer
Harvest: June 15-July 30
Looks: Yellow freestone peaches, red-purple skinned plum, bright red skinned nectarine with firm yellow freestone, and California's favorite apricot.
Personality: Selection of all-purpose, reliable producers popular for great flavor, heavy crops, and versatile uses.
Facts of note: Each Fruit Salad tree is grafted with all 5 varieties; your tree will have at least 4 of the 5.
Pollination: Self-fruitful

Enjoy three different fruits or varieties on one tree! Multi-grafted trees have three different varieties grafted onto one rootstock so you can enjoy more variety and extended harvests in one quarter the space. It's the perfect solution for smaller families, smaller spaces, container gardening and urban gardening. All are on semi-dwarf rootstock, except where noted otherwise, but by pruning any tree it can be kept to the size you desire.

Colton, CA(Zone 8b)

barhea7, you are quoteing Dave Wilson nursery information, they are the top nursery on my short list. But, I don't believe ( I am not absolutely sure) they grow any fruit trees from seed. Your excerpt even states the subject tree is grafted. I think I asked how the idea of a fruit tree seed exchange worked. Maybe you meant a scion wood exchange?
Or you were thinking of growing root stock, or? Thanks Don

Sorry I misunderstood - I see what your saying and I should have been more detailed in my thread title-
It's a co-op for fruit trees, nut trees, fruit vines and veggie seeds. The only seed is veggies.
Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.