Garden Photos

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Many forums post seasonal garden photos. Whether you are a flower gardener or a veggie gardener, I am convinced GA gardeners have the best four season gardens. Let's prove it with city gardens, country gardens, pot gardens and any other way we garden. If you live near by I hope you will share your garden too. What's not to love about a garden?

I thought the oak leaf hydrangea looked beautiful today.
Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Very nice Laurel. Here are some trees in my back yard and my neighbor's.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

You are having a pretty Fall. What do you think of this...the newspapers said a while back that this was supposed to be an exceptional Fall. I'm seeing some trees dieing and others that dropped leaves and went dormant early. Is Fall past peek? If so, I missed it. The colors were not as vibrant as I had hoped and the trees were thin. Here's a view from the deck at Maypop.

These chrysanthemums were left over potted plants from a party we had years ago. They are fool proof.
Laurel

Any other photos there? Please share. These tomatillos are self sown and very late. Rose campion will bloom in early summer, next year. The dew point is so low because of the drought. Nothing has frosted yet. Okay, still picking the garden and not complaining about eggplants, peppers and tomatoes in November. Did I post this photo that's over a week old? The eggplants will be that much bigger this week. I love GA gardening!
Laurel

Oh, that's wrong, I meant to share tomatillos and rose campion.

I thought this fall was very colorful. A lot of leaves have fallen this past week though but there is still some color out there but the days are very numbered. Here is a scene at a bank. Red maples and yellow gingkos. Just stunning.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

More blue skies than colorful trees in this picture but I like it.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

This grand old oak graces the entrance to our subdivision. The Leyland cypresses add a permanent green backdrop and the scarlet maple adds a flame to the landscape.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Dahlonega, GA

not much color, but here's a coupla .off my porch looking up the rd.

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

down the rd .

Dahlonega, GA

more . my compost pile in the front yard .three weeks ago . all my plants are bedded in the pile now

Thumbnail by digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

and more .small plants , florida anice ,azelias,sweet bay magnolia, loropetulum .woods behind aren't showing much color

Thumbnail by digger9083
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The kitchen garden in November:

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Last of the bells. Expecting frost tonight.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Todays bouquet.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill

Here is a beautiful red maple outside Sam's Club in Hiram.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

I was worried I'd be talking to myself here. Thanks for the posts. Hcmc, I traditioanlly raid the local Costco of maple leaves every Thanksgiving. We sprinlek then on the dining room table and floors for our Thanksgiving dinner. Last year they must have had the "yard guys" come the day before. I was in a panic and had to go neighborhood leaf hunting. This is more challenging than you might think. They look great on the lawn, but not so good when you go collecting.

Sally, woah! Finally got a camera? Great to see your place. For those that don't know...Sally is the GA shrub propagation "Queen". Are all the youngin's buried in the compost then?

Dill...are the long reds French breakfast? Are the whites icicles? What a bouquet! You weren't offering it up to the garbage guys, were you? Do you cook your radish greens like other greens or with the turnips and mustard? I do. BTW, looking at your kitchen garden...you must have a very large kitchen. lol That is spectacular!

II took lots of photos the last two days. Here's a view from the Atlanta bedroom (thirty five feet).
Laurel

The living room has glass walls and is 90 degrees from the bedroom. So here's a Fall photo while looking out the bedroom windows and into the living room. Weird optics.
L

Here's my last pickin's from summer Dill. The tomato on steroids is a Sherrills.

I just hate to say goodbye to the tomatoes. To little to late this year.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Nope, Maypop. The long reds are Salad Rose http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/102111/ The big long white is Summer Cross # 3 http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/77406/ The round whites ones are watermelon, my favorite http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/68333/ The littel red ones are Early Scarlet Globe http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/79382/ Just have the four cultivars this fall. I do grow Icicles from time to time, but Salad Rose is about the same size and much more uniform for me. Radishes actually makes very good greens, but I do mix them.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Looks good Maypop, The only one I don't recognise is the rusty orange squash. Right pretty. picked the last of the butterbeans last week, Still have a couple of huge tomato vines hanging on. They freshened up and the vines look good with cooler weather. Disd not set many tomatoes tho. Frost is a bit early this year, but summer was so harsh, not many summer veggies survived anyway. The winter garden is all Brassica's from Broccoli to turnips.

Dill, I'm glad you finally got a garden in. If your kitchen garden was all you grew this year...well it must have been pretty amazing and I would have taken the ride to check it out. Thanks for the links. I'm radish shopping now. We mix them with our greens too. We also grill the radishes.

If anyone grows snow or snap peas, pick and cook the thinned plants, up to 12" in broth or chop and stir fry. They taste just like the peas! These are sold in Asian markets for a premium above snow peas. You can start harvesting greens, with a snow pea flavor, a good month earlier.

The last Christmas beans as of this morning.
Laurel

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Maypop, this is one plot of the real garden ( taken back in June). Not a great year, as it was the driest I have ever encountered. A real dust bowl year.

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Dahlonega, GA

What little stuff I had froze three weeks ago . yep ,laurel all my stuff in buckets are buried . I love my camera , had to be taught how to use it and it's still smarter than me . transmission went out today . can't leave until at least fri . what else can go wrong . sally

Dill, I'd give anything to not be hanging off the side of a mountain while tilling. I've given new meaning to "going over the edge". Not so much fun when the old steel Troy Built lands on top of you. Maybe that's why it's plastic now. We are all going to hope for a better year next. Remember all those wet years when everything rotted and mildewed? We don't want that. I have always wanted to grow corn, but because the garden is stepped, I can't get in enough rows for good pollination.

Sally, your right downstream from me, so I was surprised to hear you froze. We're on a south facing mountainside. We always freeze late and warm early. Thank goodness for Nature's gift there. I'm impressed that you got the camera and learned how to use it so quickly.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

shoot laurel ,I don't have any leaves left on trees except beech and a coupla japanese maples mybald cypress are naked in the top.everything is WINTER . I take that back ,one sheltered oakleaf H is still green .sally

My Japanese Maples are completely bald since this weekend.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

But 3 days ago there was still some color in Hiram.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

And at Lithia Springs (Bradford pears).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Laurel,
Here's the side of my house a few days ago. The yellow tree is now completely bare! Took the pic just in time. I've turned it into a wallpaper scene for my desktop.

JoAnn

Thumbnail by frausnow

Hi JoAnn, I missed you at the RU. You must have been hard at work making the yard so tidy. Your house/yard looks perfect. Maybe don't come visit? lol

Sally, if you're missing raking, come on by.

Here is a three day old photo from our bedroom deck (35 feet). We still have lots of leaves.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Took some pics yesterday, even though a lot of the leaves had been blown down. Here's a sage. Tomorrow it will probably be frosted.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hearts-a-bustin

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I think this is a beech.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hardwoods in the side yard.

Thumbnail by beclu727

Okay, I should have started this thread in the Spring, right? But I bet we have lots of winter interest. I had eggplants in flower yesterday. We picked the two and three inch remains and will preserve them in olive oil for Winter. Of course I can only enjoy the plants. Clean up is around the corner.

Dahlonega, GA

Laurel , I don't rake leaves , just let then compost down ,and protect the red dirt from washing so bad.I've done rock work and have lots more to do when we get back . Gutters and decks are the only thing that gets cleaned around here . Most all will be gone anyway over winter.Did I mention that the transmission went out Mon. on our van so it's being replaced . Might get out of here Fri. . Bummer ! sally

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

This thread ran away from me, wow what beautiful leaves.I hope I have the picture of my ginko, that I grew from seed . I guess you can say I'm proud.
Becky, will the "harts a busting grow from seed? If so I would like to try some.They bring back childhood memories.Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.