For the vines collector...Part II

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

OK, the other thread was getting too long! Let's see everyone's climbers!

Thumbnail by robcorreia
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Yippie you are back, missed ya girl, so where r the new pictures????

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi Clemen! I missed you guys too! I'm posting most of the pictures in the tropical plants forum...check it out!

grrrrrrrrrrr making go there and do some digging! LOL, ok will do

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

hahaha....I wanted to give you a reason to go over there as it's so much fun! (and since it's the vines forum...I couldn't post everything here!)

Go there:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/920673/

Thumbnail by robcorreia

Robertita I am always lurking there and already posted for ya! Go back and answer me NOW, lol!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Here is the jade vine at Fairchild.

Thumbnail by amygirl
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Here is the Queen's wreath, Petrea volubilis in my yard.

Thumbnail by amygirl
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Ooooh so pretty! I'd love to see one of those jade vines in bloom in person

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

OMG....I would love to see that jade vine in person too...I would think I had died and went to heaven!
Amy, your petrea is gorgeous too!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Our jade vine in Fairchild is just beginning to flower now - for this season. I will let people know when it is full, raging bloom! It is a sight to see! Thanks for the comment about the petrea in my yard. This is a case of the right plant being in the right place. It is on the west side of my yard, planted at the base of two foxtail palms. It receives NO irrigation.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2009 7:44 PM

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Amy, you are so right! There is nothing like the right plant at the right place! Good job!!!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

bump!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Amy..Lovely jade vine there.. I started with one inside last winter... not the best of ways to get to know one another.. and I lost it... But that Queens Wreith is one I've always wanted... it is spectacular... how long is the bloom season for you there... I'm still going to give it a try.. such a lovely blue.. and so many flowers are possible.. it's a knock out for you there... Thanks

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

wow nice pic the color is amazing so many blooms

mona

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My Queen's wreath is beginning to bloom now. I think the dry weather we have had is pushing it to bloom a bit earlier than usual. It should bloom into April or so. When we have dry spells during our normally very wet summers, it may produce a few flowers.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

The Jade Vine is beautiful. I guess the only way I can enjoy is by your pictures. Thankyou

DonnaS

Letohatchee, AL

This is my Hawaiian Bell Flower...I'm a vine-a-holic..lol

Jody

Thumbnail by froghollowlady
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

hahaha Clemen, you are so funny! I'm not going to be angry at ya! lol!

Jody, welcome! We are all VINE-A-HOLICS here!!!

Letohatchee, AL

Thank you....
I didn't want to say anything about my three different jade vines....because I think I may have lost them this year.....I cried...yes I'm big enough to say I cried....but if you would have seen these things...you would cry...lol

We had problems with straight line winds this year...and my GH's was NO match...or my box truck that one GH took out.....sun..cold...they never had a chance..

someday I'll buy some more...but great pics...

Jody

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OH>>Jody.. you greenhouse going out took your box truck with it .. it seems you were really getting heavily hit when that was happening.. I can't believe the number of greenhouses that were taken out this year... I hope you do get another .. and grow it up like you did before.... go ahead and start right away.. and you can move it into the repaired greenhouse.. I understand your grief in loosing it..
Was it a poly vinyl house..

wow that is a spectacular bloom

mona

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ahhh..I'm going to have to move my Queens Wreath after reading this. Mine is next to the Iohchroma..and has climbed all over it..but Iochromas are next to brugs in sucking water..so the Queens wreath is not well matched water wise.
Wish I could grow a jade vine...and in fact have a red on that survives the winter..but it would probably be like the Hawaiin WoodRose...all the vine ..none of the blooms.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh, I really wish I could grow a jade vine too! But I don't have a greenhouse...

Noone can ever be mad at me I am an angel! HA HA HA!

This one came from Gordon last Summer!

Thumbnail by Clemen

I am addicted to flowers

Edinburg, TX

I still grow Yellow Morning Glories (Ipomoea ochracea). The same vine is over five years old now :o)

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Edinburg, TX

A view of the blossoms up close and personal :o)

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Letohatchee, AL

O.K. Cat..

I'm hooked...

got seeds?..lol

Jody

CAT, lovely, I ordered those seeds and I am soaking them now in water so I can plant them tomorrow. Do they bloom constantly????? I love yellow flowers!

it will take about 6 weeks to get blooms at least

Edinburg, TX

Clemen...did you order them from me?

This species start blooming around late August/September and continue blooming up until May/June out here. The blooms stay open all day long and sometimes even into the early evening. The vines remain green all year long here too. We don't get winter freeze/snow...and the rare time we did - they froze to the ground and I cut them back to about 6 inches and they grew back from that.

Jody...I sell them on Dave's Marketplace - or if you have generous amounts of nectar or larval host plant seeds for butterflies we can work out a trade. :o)

~ Cat

This message was edited Feb 19, 2009 6:41 PM

they are such a vibrant yellow just beautifull

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Cat,

Does your yellow morning glory make seed? Our morning glories rarely make seed - no pollinators.

Here is one that grows all over FL, but, I have never seen a seed. It does root where the vine touches the ground.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

I ordered them throught the seed coop here last fall, was that you??? I know I tried germinating some and died, then I sent some to my friend and they are doing well. I have some soaking now for planting tomorrow! YAY. I hope they bloom for me in the summer here, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, hoping now! They are so beautiful!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Dale, very pretty vine, I had never seen MG with leaves like these!

is it invasive since you said it roots itself by vine touching the ground?????

Letohatchee, AL

Cat.. I have MG tree seeds...but I have a 33 gal tub of seeds...from all over the world..I only trade in the hundreds..or sometime 50's...do you have that many...:0)
for you we can trade 25 or even 15... MG tree I have white and pink...
Jody

do you a picture I have never seen a MG tree

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

I have one.

Thumbnail by phughes

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.