babies, babies and more babies!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

You are right Silkiechick - those ones kind of confused me too. I had some other silkie eggs but they are still incubating and their markings are in black marker and yours were in pencil, so for that reason I am sure they were not the other eggs. I had the two gold laced hatching at the same time but they are my own eggs and totally different markings (and chicks!). I had other silkies hatch last week but I can tell them apart because they have more feathering than yours. But I know the blue and splash ones were definitely yours because when they came out I was like "Hey! How did you get in there?!" but I am really excited about them both and they have really nice heads. I think you had said that you would try to send all buff and white but you asked me if there were extras did I want any from different colors and I said that would be great, and I am pretty sure one of the eggs had a small P on it, and then there was one with no mark on it at all. Most of them had "buff" written on, or "W". I am sure sure sure that the darker buff which you are saying is partridge came from the "buff" eggs because I was saying to myself "Cool, I have different shades of buff!!" when they came out and I looked at the eggshell left behind. Anyway, they are all perfect and I just can't wait to watch them grow into beauties!

Thanks again for all the eggs and such a fertile batch!
Claire

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Good Morning all... this is just tooo cute to wake up to! I can't wait to see what Silkie got!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good morning. Just look at the gaggle of different babies!! aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

count so far-
1- white silkie
4- buff silkies
2- splash showgirls
1- blue silke
1- white showgirl
3- serama(2 mottled, 1 black)

lots more pips!!!!

i haven't set the brooder up yet so haven't taken pics. i need light for my cell phone to work. soon as i get it up will take pics!! i think tomarrow i'm gonna go pic happy with my cam and put them on cd at walmart this really sucks not being able to take pics right to share with u all. it's just no fun!!!

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008 3:42 PM

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008 7:37 PM

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008 11:19 PM

we r up to 10 babies so far!! i hate cell pics but these r some of the new babies. i got to figure a better way to take pics of them. that drk little black one is a serama hideing in there. the front left is a showgirl and back row the second one over from left is a showgirl.

Thumbnail by silkiechick
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O a couple look like they need a teensyweensy towel! Do you do that silkiechick or let them fluffer on they're own?

i usually fluff them but i don't have anything to hang the light from this time so it gets to hot shineing on me while doing it so i dried them a bit then put them under the light. i hate them being in the gqf hatchers they r metal wire and suck. to easy for them to get hurt on and can fall out the cartons if fiesty enough which some were doing and getting stuck beside carton.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They look like they're fluffering just fine on their own. Fiesty is good isn't it?

just added another white showgirl to the brooder and 5 more silkies either buff or white, holy peeping!!! still got more pips and they r starting to zip and pop fast!!

Clarkson, KY

{{{still watching ----lurkylurkylurk}}}

ps. Moxy -not my rock this time, DH is home and into EVERYTHING...winding up for our next big project.

Silkie -bet your Migraine is like mine -comes on the day before the bad weather rolls in...I always suck down a lot of distilled water before a front comes through, and if I feel thirsty take an aspirin -seems my migraines are due to latent congestion and brought on by high pressure systems...fwiw...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh silkie.. you have some of the fluffiest butts I have EVER seen..

NEED MORE PICTURES!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I just cleaned out my chick brooding area. I put all my current 1 week-old or less chicks into a basket while I cleaned it up. There are 2 frizzles that are a couple of weeks old. They all looked so cute in the basket, I had to take a pic. Welsummers, marans, cochins, frizzles, silkies, nankins, and 1 serama.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Is that safe? It looks like a fruit basket and well someone might accidently well...you know . They sure look comfy and cozy.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh dear, like someone would reach in and say, gee, that's a fuzzy looking peach, and take a bite?! No worries, they were only in the basket for about 5 minutes while I gave them fresh paper bedding, etc. They're tucked back in the cozy-lamp brooder now and all fast asleep. Ah, the silence of contented chickies!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I love it when they are all spead out looking like they are reading for the script of the Far Side's boneless chicken ranch movie.. then one wakes up and spies the feather carpet someone laid just for him....no bones body surfing... what a hoot!~

ur basket looks like my brooder, rotfl. i just added 5 more babies and one was fineally a blue showgirl!!! added silkies, showgirls and seramas this round. will try to get good pics for ya, so sorry my cell doesn't work the greatest.

alright i went cam happy, i hope these pics work from my cell.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

i think if i counted right i hatched 31 little fluffies!!

Thumbnail by silkiechick

this one is a showgirl, got them in white, splash and a blue.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

silkies i got whites, clear buffs, smutted buffs, blue, i think i saw a splash or 2 and 2 partridges 1 is still wet in one of the pics.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

i have someone that is wanting to meet me about an hour from here to get adults and babies so hopefully i'll find a home for some of these soon. if not they will be kept for spring breeders and broodies.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

talk about lots of fluff!!! i hope u all like the pics!

Thumbnail by silkiechick

seramas looks like i got extended blacks, mottled and golden laced? not for sure but i think that's what colors they all r.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

i could sit there for hours just watching them sleep!!

Thumbnail by silkiechick

i wasn't kidding when i said, babies, babies, more babies, rotfl. they r all such little doll babies. i'm trying not to get attached to them to much.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

holy cow sorry didn't realize i took so many pics of all the new babies.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

alright last pic and i hope u all like my new additions!!!!

Thumbnail by silkiechick
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

aaaahhh!!! So cute!!!!!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

You sound like me.. I am just mezmarized by them.. just sitting there, not a care in the world.. they sleep, they jump.. they sleep some more.. I find it way more relaxing than sleeping myself!

Keep the pics coming..

Think I'll go take some now..

Clarksburg, MO

Silkie congrats on your hatch. they look great. I am hoping to have some light brahmas hatch tommorrow or saturday.
I am going to HAVE to get some eggs from you in the spring. I need some fluff around here, LOL

Sheila

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooooooo, They are sooooo cuuuute!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Silkiechick.. that is just toooooo cute! I love them.. each and every one...
I took a chick to my mom (who will be 95 this month)... she was just overjoyed.. saying oh da lil do do babiez.. LOL She said "I love how they close their eyes from the bottom" and we laughed and laughed.. When I told her about Silkies.. she can't wait to hold one!!!

(Zone 7b)

Oh how sweet ZZ of you to take a chick to your Mom there is so little done at times to bring the elderly joy.

thanks everyone, i was worried the pics wouldn't be to good but they turned out pretty clear. there is no flash which worked great so it didn't scare them but was hard cause i had to get the pic while under heat lamp,lol.

oh zz that is so sweet of u!!! there is a show here we do every year and they bring the elderly from the nurseing homes around to it. when they come through our poultry barn or special needs children i take the showgirls or silkies out and help them hold or pet them. some just want pics of them with them. we love it and so do they. we r the only ones who care enough to do it and talk to them about the animals so ours is one of the favorite barns,lol. i know they r my calmest to work with even though they r all handleable so those r the ones i take out for them to see.

i want to see if we can work with a couple of the manors here extra and get diapers made for the chckens then like a time or 2 a month go to visit them and take 2-3 birds with us to go visit residents. i think it would be great therapy to work with them. i love visitting with elders and i think it would be great for them to get to see and interact with the animals

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Silkiechick you are one very special lady. We should all aim to be so special.

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

So pretty!!

And I love the basket of babies, CMoxon! I want one!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

That is so cool Silkie! That is so wonderful to have people like you for our elderly.. It's such a small thing.. and brings them soooo much joy.
My mom called me today and wanted to know how they are doing... etc... she is hooked.. She said she couldn't stop thinking about them.. I bring babiez down there a lot.. or bring her up here to visit. She loved my blue Ameracauna.. it was talkin to her and she was grinnin sooooo big.
Yes, by all means, if you can find the time to visit them and bring chicks or chickens to see them.. they just shine with joy. For me, the chicks like the warmth and need the handling! It's a win/win. Tickles me when mom is so thrilled.. :)
I'm getting some silkies from Catscan... I'm so jazzed.

I won't stop wanting one of your white showgirls till I get one.. Look out this spring!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I want them ALL! I'm thinkin cat suits. If I disguise the chick-a-poos as cats??? Think about it. They're about the same size.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I want em all too..

i do love to see them smile and talk it is so worth it just to see one smile from someone. some have never seen or held a chicken before, some have never seen a fancy chicken,lol. showgirls are usually a big hit with them, they love em cause they look like they r wearing old fashioned fur coats and hats,haha.

my mom is bed ridden and i take them to see her now and then, that's what got me to do it at local shows. i saw how much it ment to her. she's not sure about the showgirls,lol but when i had turkens she was in love with them,haha.

congrats on the new silkies can't wait to see pics of them!! lol, oh don't u worry i got ya covered for spring,lol.

lol, i think i'd notice all the peeping gone. i got two cats u can have though,lol. they are even dilute calicos, ok mabe i can't part with those i'm to attached to them, rotfl.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.