Welcome Newbie's introduce yourselves

(Zone 7b)

Thought i would join Cajun and Lady in welcomeing the new folks let us know something about yourselves and show us your chickens or whatever animals you have^_^

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi guys. I'm Deanna. I don't have chickens or any other critters that qualify as poultry or livestock ( I don't think fish count. Haha). My mom has 25 or so chickens, mostly Seramas and Silkies. I can't wait to have a house where I can own some of my own. I love 'em!

I usually just lurk and read. I really like reading all of your experiences and seeing all the pictures especially.

The pic is of my favorites of my moma's chickens.

Thumbnail by deannaj1183
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Very good Idea Harmony. Please Do. I will start, Oh lets see I got inticed into chickens back the end of june, I had had some before but for what ever reason and I learned from that, I had to start over. I am 44 I think I have 4 grown daughters 1 step daughter that is due in less than 2 weeks and 2 step sons. 1 grandson. About 300 or so chickens, will be lesser soon. My goal is to hatch some to keep the flow but to sell hatching eggs and eating eggs. Here I am just me.

(Zone 7b)

Nice Blue Splash there Deanna glad to have you here and please add your moms pics we love chickens no matter if their yours or a relatives.

pretty birds.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi. I'm a new member. I am very shy and demure and very squeemish. I like white short- feathered chickens.

Blushing Violet

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Welcome deanna and nice pic!

I'm following in Luv's footsteps... I'd love to see everyone introduce themselves a bit, not just the "newbies".

I've been interested in getting chickens for a number of years, but just got my first trio in mid-July. I just love them. They are hilarious and an absolute delight to have around. I just looked outside a bit ago and they were sitting on the back porch preening.

Anyway, I'm the baby of the group... or at least was when last discussed... at 29 (30 in February!). I have a lovely husband (aka. DH) and 2 children, a 5yo daughter and 3yo son.

Then of course there are the non-human children, too. My first child, is a 10yo 20lb tabby cat, my second is an 8yo Beagle, there are various tanks of fish in the house, my three fowl ladies previously mentioned, and my adopted hummingbirds that gripe at me through the window if they don't have proper nectar supply. ha!

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

we all could chat forever about our birds, lol. the more the merrier!!! welcome and i hope to see lots more post!! oh come on, stop lurking and join us all u know u want to!!!
silkie

this is a white showgirl in the brooder!

Thumbnail by silkiechick

she is so pretty and so delicate, what makes a showgirl a showgirl, is it show quality.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Deanna. Glad to meet you. I just realized that you don't know me. I was making a joke about the shy and demure part. I'm a non-chicken owner who was a lurker and somehow ended up chatting alot (snort). This is a great, fun forum. Silkie chic luvly doo on that chick!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Deanna...I'm da Genrul of the Chicken Heads....and the Eldest..

Don't believe Dahl about not being shy.... she really is...But she does yak alot.... ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;-)

we like yakers.

a showgirl is a silkie with a naked neck gene. origionally they were started with a cross of a turken to a silkie, then they r bred many generations back to a silkie. they have silkie feathering with black naked necks and feathered feet where as turkens do not. a turken in a red neck, clean legged and barbed feathers.

Thumbnail by silkiechick
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oo I just get all weak-kneed over those luvlies

rotfl, most of my flock r silkies.

hmm.. about me, i'm the queen of fluff and fancy of this group i guess,lol. i'm mary and and mom to 5 wonderful kid's. i work for the pa dept of ag and i'm a liceansed poultry tech and so is my husband mike. we raise mostly bantams-silkies, showgirls, frizzled cochins, sizzles, barred rock, seramas, polish and also in lf welsummers. we used to raise many more breeds but really down sized this year, i think that is all of them now.

i'm a cockatiel breeder i got a min pin who is 3 yrs old and a pug puppy and 3 leopard geckos also and 9 rabbits yep i love animals they r my life as well as my kids and also all 7 of us show our poultry as well as floral exhibits from our gardens for me and jelena. next year the boys will be showign their rabbits also.

all i can think of off hand if u got any questions ask i love to help others when i can.
silkie

Thumbnail by silkiechick

thanks I forgot. she is just beautiful

Heyyyy Silkie....This ones fer yew!!!!!

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

OOOOHHH! So cute. I am Wren/Sandy the epi nut. Sad to say I live where I can not have poultry or livestock but I am a country girl at hearth. I can even milk a cow-cousin had 4-h cows.

I do care for the wild birds and flying squirrels and I have one large hairy demon child. He is my only kid. No DH

Thumbnail by wren107
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool! Sandy has a puppypool!

He wont let me share it with him.

Thumbnail by wren107
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You'd have to be a really skinnyminny to fit in there with him and his toys! It looks like he will never leave. Does he get pruney toes like us when he stays in the water too long?

No just a very wet double coat. Takes forever to dry out. A unfortunately I am not a skinnyminny besides I would not be able to get back up. He get bored very fast so doesn't stay in there very long at a time. He is to buzy helping me!!!!!LOL

oh dusty it looks just like my misty rose, i love it!!! she is getting tubby and big,lol. i got to take new pics of her but this is her when she came home. how did u get a puppy???

Thumbnail by silkiechick
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes very true. Puppys are not usually loungers until they get very old and tuckered out. Don't you just luv the helping? Although sometimes I'm not sure about the 'help' part. There have been a few helping issues with the crazy ole cat. Come to think of it the wild birds have created a few extra chores by 'helping' although holy toledo the male robins do a GREAT job of garden clean up in the spring.

Specially the help that involves the shredding of every piece of paper in sight. To bad I did not have the demon child when I was in school-and I could of really claimed that the dog ate my homework!!!!!! LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LMBO!!! Good one wren!!! I won't even talk about the sparkle incident.

FREEEEEE BAYBEEE!!! FREEEEEEEE!! You think I wuz gonna pass that one up????

Thumbnail by DustyDS

oh heck NOOOOOO!!!! is it a boy or a girl???

8 weeks old tomorrow... Female and her name is Lily...

love the name and she is not much younger than misty is. i have to laugh they look like sisters and almost twins!!

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

I think I'm the new baby of the group then, Lazy_Ladies! I'll be 25 this month :)

Y'alls puppies are adorable!

And Silkie Chick, I want a Sizzle so bad I can't stand it! I love the pics you've posted on this board!

Don't have too much fun without me this wekend! I'm leaving now for Gatlinberg, TN with my moma and her church ladies group. See ya later!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Have fun in Gatlinberg. It's sooooo pretty there. Will the leaves have some fall colour yet?

Newton, AL

Sounds like everyone is having a grand ole time.. I have been missing out.
Glad that we are all getting acquainted. I have 3 french bulldogs, 1 jackrussell, 1 bassett mix 1 cat and down to about 160 hens and roos.
Own a B&B, work full time for an Army Contractor as a trainer, work part time for a contractor doing his books and like a crazy person went back to school to finish up my masters in aviation science. I will be 50 in Jan. AHHHHHHHH!

Thumbnail by InnBetween

Very Pretty so is the puppy. I still want to visit you B&B. My hubby is not far from you right now well he is in Georgia. Maybe this summer I can get him to take a trip with me.

HOW do you find the time, 2 jobs, work not to mention keep the B&B AND school. Heavens woman, or is that SUPER woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I need a nap just thinking about your life InnBetween. WOW! you are a very busy bee.

Newton, AL

I think I have lost my mind....if you see it will you send it home?

It may be running around playing with mine!!!!! LOL

Or Mine.... LOL

Well here is the new abode in MI y'alll... Move date of Dec 3rd...

Edited to remove link

This message was edited Nov 9, 2008 1:23 PM

Newton, AL

cute place Dusty. Lots of potential!

Clarkson, KY

At least 3 potential chicken yards!! Cute. Should be big enough to stay busy and small enough to not be too busy...are you already plotting and planning or merely praying and packing?? Hmmm?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.