crittero's kitty needs hugs

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

How is he doing? Is he home or did he have to stay for treatment? or was that diagnosis? Hugs and best fish-wishes for him to feel better.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Critter, I hope your kitty is doing okay. Poor kitty. :>(

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks for asking about Blake, Sally! He's been gradually improving each day, except for some discomfort related to fluid buildup (we'll probably tap his belly again this afternoon or tomorrow, and that'll get him feeling good again).

It's actually pretty amazing that he is still with us, between his initial cancer diagnosis and last week's kidney crash. We're giving Blake a lot of the credit, for being a tough kitty and for trying so hard. He has been a model patient. His vet is also giving us credited for the dedicated nursing we've been giving him, but we sure feel that's no more than his due. :-)

I've been posting updates on this thread in the pet forum, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/918237/

He had to have his own thread, because otherwise I'd babble on about him every time I posted anywhere, LOL.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Critter, thanks for the update. I hope he's feeling better today. You know what we went through with cancer with Java last year. Thank heavens there hasn't been any recurrance.

I'm sure he's getting the best and most loving nursing any kitty could hope for.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, we've both been spending a lot of time with him. Unfortunately, his test results (which came back last night) weren't what we hoped for... there's a new thread in the pet forum now... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/921174/

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh, no. I'm sorry, Critter. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hugs for (((you guys)))
I'm so sorry

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you. We just got back from the clinic -- without him. He was alert and responsive and peaceful in my arms, getting lots of loving from both of us, when we said goodbye. He had 18 wonderful years, and while we could never be ready to let him go, we were willing for his sake to do so. We're thankful for all that he's been to us, and we'll hold him in our hearts always. It's hard, but we know we'll be OK.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

So Sorry, Jill {{{{Hugs}}}} It is hard, but you did the right thing.
Been there a few times myself. Never easy.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm sorry, Critter. He certainly had a long and I know wonderful life with you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.