Time to Vote for your Favorite Photo.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Here is a link to make it easy to get to.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/919673/
Since there are no names on who took the pictures you may just vote for a Mid-Atlantic friend ; ^ ) Have fun! But beware, lots of wonderful pictures to choose from it may take you a while.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

It's incredibly difficult to pick just a few - last year I just voted in a few categories, it was so hard. I didn't enter any this year though. Here's one I thought about entering:

Thumbnail by claypa
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Claypa, Nice shot I really like that one. We have a few nice shots that I would have liked to enter but just never got around to it. I have a whole series of shots from this sunset. They colors are spectacular but the sun is a little over bright.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm using this as a screen saver right now it was taken at the same place on a different day.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thinking about screensavers Lady did I send this to you?
Anybody else out there with some nice pictures?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

All Very nice!
I went through the wildlife category last night--takes awhile. It is hard to pick just three.
I haven' t looked at all Insects, but there's a funny one, sixth column, about ten down, with hissing cockraoches...

I like the entries that are unique, as well as of course focused, lit well etc...I chose the mouse in Wwildlife because you don'tget many mice

I have so many pictures now- I need to go trhough them and organize. I can't find what I wanted to post here, a close up of giant mullein leaves. So here's my People or Pet "submission'

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I went through the Wildlife & Bird shots. I think mine is good but certainly not prize winning. Sally I liked the mouse and the frog on the Parrot feather. I didn't vote yet so I need to go back thought them again There were several with groups of birds flying or landing that I liked must go back. I saw plenty much like mine nice shots but not outstanding.

Holly, I did get your picture, Thanks. But when I tried to use it on my desk top it is not as sharp as when I view it here. It is a really nice spring picture, I just love it. Clay & Holly you should have entered the contest, everyone has a chance to be selected.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, I went through & voted and kept thinking, hmm, there were better shots of that in the MA forums. You guys should have entered yours!!! Holly your snow covered arbor and your ice fall water pond shot were better than any winter shots that I saw.

Claypa, I voted for an eagle shot and a shot of the DL poly seedling because I thought they were yours.

Lady, your itty bitty frog got my vote along with the horny lizards!!!!

I found the perennial photos to be disappointing. Folks, get yours ready next year !!!

Hart should have entered her birds in the nest. They did have some great insect shots.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormyla, that is too funny.. I recently got a new computer and it's been slow-going moving the pictures to the new one. There's a $25 cable and software to move files from one 'puter to another, but I won't bother with it, I guess.
This pic and the other were taken the day after the tropical storm came through New England (Hannah? H something)

Thumbnail by claypa

Thanks, Stormy! I have 2 other pictures in different categories. I am not saying which ones as I want to play fair.
Did you all see the picture of the four kids on their tummies looking of the pier into the lake that put a smile on my face.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Lady, and I liked the little guy laying under the Sum & Substance Hosta. Did you see the three white birds, Mama whose kids were driving her crazy?

I voted for the You kids are driving me crazy white bird. Sympathy! I think I'l go peruse perennials now.

Ok I finished voting, took me about 4 days to go through all categories.
Some I liked but were not "staged" very well. Cut off tops of flowers, fuzzy pictures, off center to far. The roses were the hardest to choose from. So were the trees/shrubs but a few interesting shots.
Saw Gita's picture! Liked it from the first time I saw it. Good luck, G!
In the Annuals or was it the perennials there was a picture of a lot of flowers growing, I clicked on it as a thumbnail and when I look at it blown up I noticed a bee in flight in the upper right coming in for a landing, what a great shot!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Lady, it was very time consuming. Gita's photos were very nice. I missed that bee. I thought the tree section had lots of nice trees but not many shrubs. I did like the white Buddleiah with the butterflies. I found the rose selection to be nowhere as nice as the photos on the rose forums. I would have liked to have seen more bushes and fewer macros. You are right, many of the photos were not properly cropped. I tried to keep in mind that it is a photo contest and not choose all of my favorite flowers

Just went thru perennials. I agree, I try not to pick ones where the flower did all the work and somebody happened by with a good camera.
A few had the DG watermark so you know whose it was.
I had a bunch easy to skip, another bunch harder to skip and still a number to fret over.
There's a pic of Echinops at sunset that look like they're fiberoptic almost. Can't decide if it's real or enhanced.

It is hard not to just pick out your favorite flowers.
Good luck to all that entered. Can't wait for the results.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll have to admit, I did not vote for any photos that involved rodents of any kind!!!!!!

Well, That's one less vote for the mouse! Would you like me to trip Mickey while I'm at Disney. Would Dale count? Just kidding with you! LOL

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Lady, Hug Mickey, kick Dale!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I think this year I will start a folder in my computer file for shots that I think may be good enought to enter. Not I said good enough to enter not good enough to win. I haven't had time to go back and look at more pictures Hmmm lets see Roses........

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

It would be fun to see your own pic get some votes. Tough competition tho!
(I don't think we'll get much chat here today when everybody realizes how AWESOMELY NICE it is outside!)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Rose, Holly. I love that color.

Sally, It's cloudy and drizzly here, but will still be a good gardening day.

oops, sorry! the weather has passed central MD. sun's out!

I just went through Fruit and Veg. You could do a whole calendar of tomatoes. The papaya tree while not a great photo imho is neat looking Then there's one labeled elderberry which doesn't look at all like my elderberries, fruitng along the stem instead of terminal clusters. I haven't made my final choices yet. The squash blossom picture-- while really cool, I'm not picking because I want to pick actual fruits, not blossoms, sorry.

Gotta go tend to breakfast needs, then shower and pot up brug cuttings, water houseplants, rake leaves, ... you know, go play

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.