Novembers Dail Weather - Season Changes

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/917896/

Not much in the way of visual changes here, but the days and nights are cooler!

Welcome one and all to the forum! We look forward to hearing of your weather all over the world!

63.0 °F / 17.2 °C
Light Rain
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph / 6.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1500 ft / 457 m

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 8:48 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Up here it is really nice and warm for early November....around 70° for highs for 3 or 4 days.

Man, how I dislike winter!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Our high today was around 75. I'm enjoying it while I can. At the same time I can't wait til snow so I can dig out my sled and have some fun.

(Zone 3b)

Thanks, MySharona~ what a beautiful photo start the thread with.
Indy~hope the winter will be an easy one for you:)
pepper~sounds as if you're all set for it:))
Today's high was mid-20's. No wind, sunny.
There were 6 moose here this afternoon. I was unable to get all 6 to get in the frame:), but here's 4 of them.

Thumbnail by kiska
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

51°F this evening with a chance of showers tomorrow followed by sunshine and mid to upper 60's through Thursday. After up to 9 inches of snow in areas just to the north last Wednesday the past 3 days were beautiful, mild and sunny! My fall yard work is just about finished and I took advantage of the nice weather to pick the last of the apples and stain and seal the garage.

Sharona.......Sweet photo!

Kiska........It's time to open Kiska's Home for Wayward Moose. Nice "birdhouse bling".

Pepper..........I'll be happy if I never get my sled out this winter!

Here are a few photos from the past few days.

Wednesday was just plain nasty............

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Indian Summer was back big-time by Friday.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I took this photo of my backyard from the lean-to roof while I was working on the garage last Friday. You can see my new "old" kettle and my little apple orchard.

early_bloomer

(Zone 7a)

I love your photos, EB.

Thanks, Sharon.

I don't have sled, I don't want a sled, I will never have a sled. ☺

Thumbnail by kwanjin

We’ll be in the mid to upper 70’s all week. Our cold front has blown away, bummer ^6^

Pepper – What is a sled? LOL!
Kiska – Wow 6 moose! They like to winter at your home. Love the birdhouse bling!
E_B – Thanks! I took the picture at the Marina. Love the pictures, especially like how you’ve showcased the kettle. You must have a large plot of land.
Celia - LOL!

63.9 °F / 17.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa(Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
Clouds: Few 300 ft / 91 m
Mostly Cloudy 2400 ft / 731 m
Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning... then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 70. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's cloudy and breezy this morning, with intermittent rain showers. 43°F.

The very dreaded end of this horrible month has passed with a wave of lay-off as predicted. The people who still have a job don't know for how long and many have to accept pay-cuts or shorter hours. I've noticed that a few non-essential items have run out in the stores. Instead of leaving empty spaces in the shelves, they're filled with something else instead so it's not very noticeable unless you're looking for the particular items that are missing. I hate the uncertainty of not knowing what's ahead .......

Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot to me. Not sure there's anything you can do to cheer me up, but knowing that you care certainly helps. ;-)

Celia - about Halloween. The girls haven't complained much, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra costume dress-up day in school. Ash Wednesday is the official dress up day here and in the past years the custom of kids going around businesses and singing for treats has spread. I'm pretty sure that's an adaptation from Halloween. We watched a Halloween movie and had caramel apples for desert and they were very content with that :-)

Debi - the next holiday here is Christmas and preparations are starting early this year. At least I am starting early ;-) There's a need to focus on something positive. Also, people are starting their Christmas shopping early while there's still something in the stores to buy.... at reasonable prices. I'm thinking of putting up some outside lights early this year, I need some ray of light in all this darkness ....

Marylyn - GREAT job on the costumes! :-) Your bunnies are so cute :-)

Sharon - I'm so glad that the end of this ordeal is in sight for Gary and all of you. Thanks for the autism link :-) Gorgeous sunrise photos :-)

Joey - a mountain lion running around those woods of yours sounds pretty scary to me! The high stress levels are bad - I'm very sensitive to it and get over-stressed very easily so I'm experiencing a bit of an overload. I just need to keep active and positive ;-) I didn't manage to get the holly seeds to germinate, not sure what I did wrong. It can be tricky ;-) It was fun trying nonetheless :-)

Kelli - YAY!!! on the rain!!! :-)

EB - gorgeous photos :-)

Hi! to everyone I haven't mentioned :-)

I decided to sponsor a child through an Icelandic help organisation. Like everyone else they're feeling the crunch badly. There are so many children out there who need our help, if everyone who could, would support only one child there would be none left to fend for themselves........ here's a link to their US site: http://www.abcchildrensaidusa.org/Home.html

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

(Zone 7a)

Rann, you are such a wonderful person to be helping someone else! Times are tough and you think of others. You celebrations sound like fun without the door to door candy expeditions.

43°F with 52º for the high. We have more rain coming and they are now predicting snow fopr tomorrow mixed with the rain.
Feels like: 39°F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 39°
Humidity: 86%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 7 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 5:20 PM
UV Index: 3 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluuu!! We have had an exceptionally warm day today...I thought that it was fall already. :D The high today was 67° w/ no rain in sight until Friday. As of right now we are down over 5" of the wet stuff. We may have a monstrous fire season. :(
At Dublin...
Clear: 54F
Feels like: 54°F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 46°
Humidity: 76%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 5:22 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Sharon, Thanks for the new thread! And what a wonder pic to start it off with! :D LOL!! Boo killed the moss...indeed! :D That is so....funny!
Adina! Love the GH! Wow! And your plumber did your lighting? Those are really pretty lights! :D Heck, Your entire house is Gorgeous!
Marylyn, I love the Bunny's Costumes! They are cute as can be! ~ I'm talking about the girls! ;) You did a great job on the costumes. And am glad that they had fun! :D
Kiska, It sure is getting cold at your house! :-O Love the "birdhouse bling"! So Per-Fect! :D And you have even more "meese" around this year! So neat! But will they end up being kind of destructive? Hope not!
Rann, Sorry that the seeds weren't productive, but if you want to try it again, just let me know! :D I pulled up a partial root w/ leaves & it is slowly growing! :D I have no idea how long it takes them to mature, but am quite anxious to find out. I do know that they like acidic soil, so I put pine cones down around it. I hope that you all don't run out of too much (in stores) before things start to improve. It must be a terrible feeling. You are in my thoughts... The cat can be scary if you think about it...or if I smell her...Talk about cat pee! EWWW
Marsue, Love the Checkered Skippers! Neat- O! :D Great Pic!
Pepper, Those are some hefty thorns on that tree! Wheeeww! Ours don't have thorns that large, but I guess it's a different kind of Locust tree.
Celia, Love the little Cedar & your Weeping Cherry is Gorgeous! :D
E_B, Love the pics! Snow, Indian Summer & Apple trees! I Love seeing snow come down like that! That Kettle looks like it needs to be used! ;) We made apple butter this week end in a kettle just like that...180 quarts & I don't know how many pints. But those kettles make the Best! :D
Deb, Love the Cosmos! They are beautiful! Are they close to you house?

The answer to the trivia is...B
Any thunderstorm could be deadly, but a severe thunderstorm has winds > 58 mph and/or dime-sized hail.

Good Nite All! :D
Joey

Adina...you asked about JW's costume...very simple. :D

Thumbnail by music2keep
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It might have stayed below 70F, though it felt a lot warmer than that in the sun.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 03, 2008
67 °F / 19 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the South
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1014 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3800 ft / 1158 m
Mostly Cloudy 4800 ft / 1463 m
(Above Ground Level)

Yippy-ti-yay

Thumbnail by Kelli

red-tailed hawk

Thumbnail by Kelli

western kingbird

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

MAN that's some dry looking county Kelli!
So that's what that bird was we were seeing out there!

73 here today and basically thru the week.
Rain maybe on Friday thru.... forever it looks like! LOL!

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Sorry to have fallen behind again; so many great photos, as usual, and interesting going's on with all.
Thanks for comments/birdhouse bling. Seems not to bother them in the least to have it on the feeder.
20*F/ darker now w/time change. (5pm). Snow in the forecast.
Sunrise a couple of weeks ago.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's another wet one here, breezy and 47°F. I'm enjoying the warmer temperatures so I don't really mind the rain too much ;-) lol

Kelli - what a gorgeous scene in that first photo :-) Very dry but still stunning :-)

Kiska - gorgeous sunrise!

Joey - JW is so cute! I went shopping yesterday and things were spread out pretty thin in places .... still enough of necessities though. It is a pretty unsettling feeling since we don't know how long this "freeze" will last. What is even more unsettling to me is how unresponsive our "allies" have been to this attack on us .....

Celia - thanks :-) You know when you think you are in trouble it helps to think of those who are so much worse off than you are ....... it brings things into perspective ...... despite things being very grim here, we still are blessed with everything we really need (for now at least). And I'm very thankful that we still have something to spare for those who desperately need it :-)

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Rann

Rannn – Just know that we are here for you, in Iceland’s corner and please let us know if you need anything. Thank you for the link!
Celia – beautiful skyline
Joey – Hoping you get lots of the white stuff soon to make up for the loss : ( There’s our big boy! He’s is sooo cute!
Kelli – I really hope you get rain soon.
Kiska – Wow – beautiful gorgeous picture! Background!

61.9 °F / 16.6 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 700 ft / 213 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog and drizzle in the morning. High 70. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Look what I found this morning!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

What is the name of that flower? I don't remember ever seeing anything even similar to that.

There are certainly many beautiful pictures on here.

Thank you, they are very enjoyable.

Petra - That is my orchid cactus Epiphyllium Hookeri. I have 3 more buds then it should be finished blooming for this year...sadly :(

(Zone 7a)

Okay...I had a post all ready and it said I sent it. But it's not here. Dang. And grrr...

39°F with 49º for later. It's raining and we should get snow mixed with it. Yea! Rain!
Feels like: 30°F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 2 miles
Wind: 18 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:02 AM
Sunset: 5:19 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Somebody threw away a perfectly good cat!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oops, I'm behind again. I read, but computer is slow so I couldn't open every picture.

Marylyn, you are a beautiful family. The bunnies are adorable!

Rann, I've got a few Christmas toys ordered already. We don't get a lot, so I guess I'm almost done :o) (We just celebrate with my Dad, Daughter, SIL and the 2 boys

Joey, the iris was a rebloomer. Immortality.

Thank you Marsue (Yum picture)

Sharon, I thought it was a dahlia, but I wasn't going to say anything :o)

Kelli, enemy or not, cool picture!!

Sharon, lovely start up picture!

Indy, Pepper, I agree with both of you :o)

Kiska, laughing over all the moose! Lovely bling!

EarlyBloomer, I love the black and white picture with the barn the only color!! We're going thru Indian Summer too! Tomorrow is THE last nice day! The kettle cleaned up nice. I love the yard and trees!

Kwanjin, giggling over the sled!! Or lack of :o)

Sharon, I love the sun streaking down the ocean.

Rann, we're there for you!! I wish it could be more. We put lights up the other day. Not all of them, just the house, garages and shed. Helping another child in your own time of need. You are an angel.

Deb, I hand my apple crown to you! WOW, JW is growing so fast!! He's adorable in his costume!

Kelli, I love the wide open space!! That is the sort of pictures my jigsaw puzzles are. I only do scenery. Nice hawks! We are seeing a comeback of the red tails around here. Kingbirds have a nice yellow belly.

Ric, we're to get rain Thursday.

Kiska, that's a beautiful sky !!

Sharon, that is a pretty flower!

Kwanjin, those dumpster kitties make the best pets LOL!!

72* sun thru clouds and breezy. It's really supposed to pick up later. Got my vote in. Now just waiting for the final tally.

Our old freezer gave out and they didn't have the same size. I had to go smaller. I kept out a chicken to fry, bony pieces to boil and pick the meat off and zucchini for a cake. The freezer is now just level full.

Chicken ''stone'' soup

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, everyone ! I'm done with the cleaning , finally! Just a few details to fix. Today was a rest day and I hope I can go to bed earlier.
Sharon, the orchid cactus bloom is amasing !
Celia, you are too funny and the pic is hysterical!
Kiska, what a beautiful sunrise!
Kelli, love the kingbird!
Joey, love JW's Tshirt! The plumber had to do the lights outside at our request because the electrician didn't show up in time and we didn't want to wait any longer. Finally, he showed up, on Sunday afternoon, to install our generator...ugh!
E_B, what a beautiful orchard! Such a change of scenery!
Sally, yummy, I got so hungry! LOL
Our house has curtains , yiipeee!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And on the inside...the livingroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The dining.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Celia, I hope someone was able to recycle that cat. He probably has a few lives left in him yet. ;-)

Someone asked when is the recommended time for pruning of roses here. What I heard was between Christmas and early February.

We got almost 0.3 in of rain overnight.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 04, 2008
67 °F / 19 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 45 °F / 7 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4700 ft / 1432 m
(Above Ground Level)

more of those so-called "golden foothills" Can you see why I can't wait for winter and things to start growing again? (That has got to be a very strange sentence to most of you.)

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 12:58 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

Our bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Ooops, sorry I got in the middle of your postings.

Kelli, glad to see you're here too ! Those hills are gorgeous! In Bulgaria they have a resort Golden Sands and the sand sure looks like gold !
I have to show you the other corner of our bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, you deserve a rest! You and your family have worked hard, but you have a beautiful house!! I love the curtains, and the couches make it a very comfortable room! That is a beautiful table and chairs!! Well done!!

Kelli, smiling, this time I had comments on notepad and was waiting till weather took a hit before I stepped in the middle. You got rain!! I hope we get a lot of rain Thursday! I love the foothills. And yes, it is strange!

Adina, I love the last room. The floor is gorgeous! I'd love to see a picture of the golden sand!

(Zone 7a)

Adina, your house is amazing. I hope I can do as well if/when we decide to build for ourselves. Can I steal some of your ideas?

High in the low 70s, sunny and very windy.

I had to help my grandma move some rocks today. Now I'm sore! LOL

(Zone 7a)

In the last ten minutes, I received some very bad news. A freind of mine I worked with and became good friends with has died at the age of 29. She had heart problems and was on meds for depression and anxiety. She didn't go to work and, when he father was called, he stated she has passed away in her sleep.

This makes me so sad. Brooke was loving and had a heart the size of Texas. She was going to school to finish her Masters in Psychology. She wanted to help children with problems after violent situations. Abuse, deaths, accidents...

She leaves behind countless friends and her parents.

Sorry to hear about her. At least she is out of pain now. :~)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm so sorry, Celia. We will be praying for her family and friends.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning! And congrats that the elections are over! Hopefully with a good outcome :-)

It was very windy and rainy yesterday afternoon and last night, but it's stopped raining now and the wind has calmed somewhat. Still quite breezy though. 53°F and cloudy.

Celia - I'm so sorry about your friend.

Adina - your house looks amazing! Congratulations! Now it's time to relax and enjoy isn't it?? :-)

Sharon - thanks :-) What a gorgeous bloom!

Sally - thanks :-) My girls are very excited about this sponsoring thing and I'm sure it'll be quite an eye opener to them to see how fortunate they really are. Our sponsor child is a girl who will turn 12 tomorrow. She lives in an ABC childrens's home in India. Yesterday we received a Christmas card she'd made for her future sponsor last Christmas and it was very touching to read. We're preparing a birthday card to send her along with a small gift (hairpins) and some photos. The ABC schools give children a chance to receive an education which they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It's their key to a better life when they grow up.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

This message was edited Nov 5, 2008 12:04 PM

Celia – Cute picture of Isis!
Sally – Your chicken soup looks delicious!
Adina – Your house looks great! I really like the sheer curtains, the dining room table is beautiful, the bedroom floor and those chairs look so comfy.
Kelli – Yeah, you’re pretty darn dry there. Golden Foothills is a good name for the area. I know you are looking forward to a change in season.
Pepper – Those must have been some big rocks LOL!
Celia – I’m so sorry to hear the news of your friend. That is so sad. We are keeping her family and friends in our prayers.
Rann - I read the article. I can’t imagine what you are going through. We are praying for you and your country as well. That is a great thing you are doing, sponsoring a child. I think it's wonderful that Selma Run and Hildur Eva are getting involoved too.

60.3 °F / 15 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 1000 ft / 304 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog and drizzle in the morning. High 70. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

There is a Low hovering over our area that is keeping our temps from getting too hot. I like it!

Here are my dahlias all in bloom. You can see the section where Callie sat on them :P

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been a few days since I have been here--sure makes it hard to catch up. I can't comment on everything but I do just want to say:

Great photos everyone!

Rann: Hang in there. We are all on your side here on the weather thread and please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you. That is so great about your family sponsoring a child and so good for your girls, too, to get involved. It will certainly teach them compassion for those less fortunate.

Kiska: what is it that attracts the moose to your yard?

EB: more great shots of the PA countryside. Your orchard is very pretty. Nice pot, too!

BP" what kind of "stones" did you put in that "stone soup"? LOL
Kelli: great shots of the "golden foothills"--sure looks dry, though. Reminds me of scenes from a western movie.

Adina: isn't it nice to have the curtains installed? Now you have some privacy! The curtains are very pretty and I like the chairs in your bedroom, too!

Celia: so sorry to hear about your friend! Please know that you are in our thoughts.

Joey: Awww, just look at "our" sweet boy!

Sharon: pretty dahlias and the orchid cactus, too. Loved the sunrise shots.

No snow here, thank goodness! Just several days of absolutely wonderful weather, although unseasonably warm. We are supposed to get some rain tonight--hope so, because we need it.

Today Mostly Sunny
High 80°F
Precip 0%
Wind: S 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 4 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:33 AM CT
Avg. High: 66°F
Record High: 82°F (1978)
Tonight: Isolated T-Storms
Overnight Low 60°F
Precip 30%