Alexandra's exciting news!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Alexandra (goofybulb) has just found out that she is expecting a baby!

Congratulations Alexandra, it's one of life's high points to find out that there is going to be a new member to your family!

Warmest Aloha, and HUGS!

Congratulations! When is the happy event scheduled for?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Congrats!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh how wonderful! Wishing you all of the very, very best. No morning sickness please.,

Christi

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the wishes!

The news are very new - I will have my first appointment next week. By our calculations, baby should arrive early July. We'll see if the doctor, and, most importantly, if the baby agrees with us...

So far I feel great, except for bouts of fear that I'm going to be a bad mom. Ever since the test I eat a lot (nervous eating?), no nausea, and nap in the afternoon (I used to do that only when I was sick).

Hugs and good thoughts,
Alexandra

Keaau, HI

Congratulations!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh Alex! I am so very happy for you! You will have a huge DG family wishing only the best for this pregancy and for the little sprout .

Yokwe,
Shari

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much, my dear friends!

I still have to get used to the idea, I need somebody to pinch me from time to time, I cannot believe it's happening!... This is a seed worth to watch growing, eh? (well, a very different and precious one, I like watching all seeds sprouting.)

Hugs,
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

What wonderful news! Congratulations Alexandra!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank you, Mary!
Lots of excitement! Now my hubby will have his own to teach all crazy things, like taking pictures to a 3 year old...

Have a great weekend, everyone! Hugs,
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Wow...what a fun time for you!!!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Carol, long time since I last saw you posting! Thanks, I wish this to be fun all along!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Have been busy...and non communicative!!! Obsessed about the elections...leaving for NZ Monday... Good to be back!!!

Hey Carol, off to NZ! Bon Voyage!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Thanks. After Hawaii, it is the closest place to Heaven I know of!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Have a great trip, Carol, and please show us pics!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm beginning to feel like an expectant grandmother again. We love you a lot, Alex, and are happy, happy, happy.

Christi

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

The more Grandmas and Aunties, the better! I love you too!

Edited to say, let's not forget Uncles and Grandpas! Thank you all!

Alexandra

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 9:01 PM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Alexandra, how very wonderful! Congratulations to you and DH! I am absolutely positive that you will be a WONDERFUL mother!

Jeanne

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey, Jeanne! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I think I lost my brains somewhere... I thought I have my appt. this week, but it is really Friday next week. I have to learn the American system, it is funny for me that I have an "interview" (I assume lots of paperwork, maybe labs) and two days later I will meet with the doctor!

Well, I guess I know what to do to make time fly faster... I'll be around here! I'm counting days and eating!

Relatives started guessing what'll be (already???). I just call "it" baby.

Hugs,
Alexandra

I guess a girl!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

The alternative would be a boy!

I vote for boy! lol

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Congratulations.

Gail is always knitting baby blankets, which she donates to local hospitals. Please D-mail me your address and she'll knit one for you.

Take care.
Sylvain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I have one of each, so either one if fine with me! Both are fun, always inspiring and a little bundle of JOY!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow, I miss for two days (no internet) and things heated up!

The story goes that for several generations, in my hubby's family (father's line), there are two boys and a girl... Older brother has two boys (and a girl - not all of them had a girl, my hubby has only the older brother), younger brother has two girls (never boys). Well, Silviu is the younger one! So he is convinced that it's a girl!
BUT, the other side of the story is that the younger brother always married first! Except in this generation... So I'm making fun of my hubby, saying that he played with Destiny by getting married later, and he might just as well have the boys, and his brother the girls!!!

My MIL thinks I'll have a boy (only because I have no nausea so far... this is what old traditions/superstitions say!?!). I'm just wishing for a healthy baby!

Sylvain, thanks for the wishes and for your offer, it is so nice of you! Gail is surely one very kind and gifted woman!

Hugs for everyone!
Alexandra

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Alex, I had nausea with both so I think it is just a superstition. But I do hope you have good health, a great delivery, and a happy healthy baby........whatever......!

Do you have any names picked out yet? Thoughts on "theme for the Nursery"..... or colors that you would like to use? So many great things to think about!

Please D-mail me your address when you get a chance. Gail will knit a baby blanket for you and send it when it is done.

Thanks.
Sylvain.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Dear Polar Bear, you've got mail, and thanks again for your kindness!

Jeanne, no names picked yet, the kid will probably end up with two names, since we didn't find any common grounds... but we still have time, we are at the very beginning, I think now I am week 7 by American counting.

With the baby room, it will be easy. We'll ask the landlord if we can change the color of the room, and depending on the answer, we're going to do all crazy things (like painting the whole room, decorations), or just a little (little things to cheer the room's white color)

I'm at the stage when I try to figure out what the real "must have list" must have... and also the order of priorities. There are some things that I have no idea yet what they are. I guess when you talk baby, you always see pastels, cute lavenders, blues, greens, yellows and pinks, but maybe the colors would be more defined after we know more about the baby? I wouldn't mind having lots of blue for a girl (I was a blue-loving girl, myself), but does it work on reverse (pinks on boys)?

Nothing bad to report. Still no nausea, I sleep a lot, and eat well. I'm trying to remove all stress away from me, so I spent a lot of time but managed to set the date for my defense. We'll go to Miami again, for about a week, at the end of January. Hopefully all will go according to plan.

Hugs,
Alexandra

If you ask me, blue on girls is fine. As I write these lines, I am at the office wearing a pink golf shirt. I look gorgeous in purple and even better in pink. Who am I kidding? I look gorgeous, period.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I agree, Pu'ole. You are just plain gorgeous.

Alex, glad to hear you are not dealing with nausea.

Christi

My natural shyness and humility just shine right through the screen, don't they?

You are extremely kind not to contradict me. My veterinarian keeps saying I'm better left to my delusions.

Take care, all.
Sylvain, a.k.a. Pu'ole.

LOL Sylvain!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes Sylvain, it does! LOL!

Alexandra, you have plenty of time to make decisions! Anything goes with white!
My daughter did Disney...Mickey Mouse, and my daughter-in-law used aqua. All the babies grew up to be happy well adjusted children! LOL! As long as it makes you happy, the baby will be happy!

Oh gosh, I missed something again - defense of what? Glad to hear that you are feeling so well Alexandra, I wouldn't wish morning sickness on anyone!

What a lovely thing to have Gail knitting your first baby blanket! Yes, polarbear I am betting you do look gorgeous in pink or purple! Gods gift to women! LOL! ^_^

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny, I missed it too, but was too embarrassed to ask. Thank you yet again for coming to the rescue! Dear Alex, please explain...

Yokwe,
shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too.....Alexandra, you have D-mail.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi, everyone! Sorry not to answer faster, but I've been sleeping a lot these days... I feel very tired, but otherwise I feel good!!! I tried a whole day without computer, just because I slept so much...

No need to be embarrassed, you can all ask away. I'll be defending my PhD thesis... that's why I've been in Miami for these 6 years. Unfortunately, my husband found a job in El Paso, starting before I really/officially graduated (well, it's fortunate to have a job these days, and we're happy here, despite the dryness of the air). This created me some problems, as my mentor didn't really want to let me go. That's why, after our move to El Paso, I went twice to Miami (3 weeks each time) and worked like crazy, 17 hours a day (even I didn't think it's possible...), just so I can finish all my additional experiments (I worked on cell cycle regulation in yeast), so I can stay with my husband while writing my thesis.
Things turned partially OK, I've had a lot of stress because of this, but bottom line is that now I'm writing at my thesis, in El Paso, with my hubby, and I'll go to Miami one more time, end of January, to close this chapter of my life. To me it still sounds funny "defend" in this context... but that's how they keep saying, and it got into my brains...

I have to admit there's nothing sweeter than a nice pink/purple polar bear! I just love Sylvain's cheerfulness!

Hugs to all,
Alexandra

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

OK....great! That is wonderful......you had us "worried" there for a minute. Now we adoptive Mothers, Aunts, Grannies can all "breathe".....you are OK, and not in any "trouble"! LOL!

Our prayers will be with you in writing this wonderful chapter of your life. Good luck to you. May God lead you and guide you, and give you wisdom as you write. HE will bring to remembrance all that you need to say, and the right way to say it. When you get in a mind "fog", just pray for guidance, and HE will give it to you!
Congratulations on being at this place in your life. That is great! God bless you!

Hi.

Thank you for clarifying this. Gail saw that and thought you were having serious problems with the justice system. She'll be relieved. However, writing a thesis and preparing for its defense are quite serious business and absolutely time-consuming. It can even lead to obsessive behavior. Be careful, listen to your body and everything will be all right. We're cheering for you: You can do it! Go, girl! Up and at them! Take no prisonners! 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate?

Take care,
Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.