Hey, Jill. Harvest from the pepper seeds.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of my pepper harvest right after a light frost, ordered the seeds for our lovely Jill, Critter.
I cleaned them, removed the seeds and chopped them. Put them in a freezer bag and into the freezer.
I browned some floured seasoned cube steaks the other day, made a sauce from the pan drippings, put in crock pot with sliced onion and some of these colorfull frozen peppers. Yummy!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Lovely- I got Bounty from Jill, and had good luck with them. Used some to pay off my neighbor who's very accommodating with his pine needles and shredded wood waste.

The larger peppers are Gypsy and the small are Sweet Pickles.
Both are sweet. Sally, I looked up Bounty in plant files, it is lacking pictures, you didn't happen to take any that you could up load to plant files?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

They look wonderful! Good growing!!

That dratted mouse ate my 'Sweet Pickles' seedlings this year (twice!)... If it's not too late, remember that's an open pollinated variety (not a hybrid), so it will come true from saved seeds, which should be taken from fully red-ripe peppers. :-)

Jill, I think I still have some of your seeds left over, I only start a few seeds, like maybe 2 to 3-6 packs. I grew them in containers along with some flowers. I did plant one Gypsy in the flower garden and it did really well. Thanks so much, these were my first successful peppers in a very long time, the last ones a grew that did anything was years before I moved here.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm glad they did well for you!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hey ladyg- great idea. I should post pics there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.