Did you have snow?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Geez! reports of 6-7 inches of snow in parts of PA ?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Has been rain/sleet mix all late afternoon into night. May get 4 inches here, don't have to go to work tomarrow, yea! Hate dealing with drivers relearning skills on the first snow fall, and I have to get use to the handling of my new car. If we get snow I'll post a picture tomarrow. Think I did that last year.

Ok, found the 1st snow fall picture it was Oct 14th 2007 Found it in My Garden Blog. Didn't think it was that early but the pictures don't lie.

Nothing when I got up at 8:00 am by 10:30 am we have this.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Out the front window, my porch box snug and warm in the foreground.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

That would be snow alll right! Oct 14th sounds really early!
Down here its rare and exciting to get any snow before all the leaves have fallen, but we have seen it twice in the last few years. Not significant amounts though. In fact, almost no more snow after that lately.
It's as if the plants are looking out at the snow LOL

Its really cold here now- sure feels like it could, umm, you know what, here tonight...

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Yuck - the "white stuff", pretty but you can keep it in PA! We actually saw a few flakes here on Tuesday, just enough to show up on the windshield as I was shuffling the plants I was trying to get planted :(

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Greetings from SNOWY northern Norway - we have more than enough snow and frankly it can stay here - is it pretty - you betcha - is it cold, oh my is it ever!!!!!!!!! (times like this makes me realize why I left in the first place!)

Say, Becky--business or pleasure?

Correction on the Snow fall Oct 14, the year was 2006 not last year. Must be chemo brain or CRS lol

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sally - it's been a working vacation this time - but, a pleasurable one - I still have 10 more days - heading to the western coast of Norway today - I thought I'd avoid the snow, oh not so much, they have more than here! :-)

Bec, didn't know you were in Norway! Like the Norway?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - yes, like the Norway - land of the midnite sun & all that :-) I just spent 14 days waaaaay north of the Arctic Circle and now I am on the western coast - in a city called Bergen until the 10th :-)

Wow! Cool. and I mean that both ways lol. Did you get to see some Northern Lites?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yup, sure did :-) When i left this morning it was brilliant, cold, snow covered and awesome! Now I am in Bergen and it's 'sposed to be in the 50's and sunny :-)

Hey- 50's and sunny we got here! Do you go Norwegian when you go out to eat and all? Does anybody notice an accent or are you still 'good'?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It's beautiful here today and should be for the next couple of days. I took advantage of the warm weather to try and finish staining my decks. Got a good bit done today and hope to finish up tomorrow. Then get the rest of my plants in the ground and I should be mostly done for the season.
Bec, Sounds like you're enjoying your working vacation. You are one traveling woman.
Lady, Hey I have that CRS, too. LOL

I thought we might get frost last night but still missed us! and next week looks nice. For the first week of NOVEMBER!!! Ack- I swore I would start the you know what shopping early this year.......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We just got flurries, the big puffy flakes, no sticking.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Yep!

Hi ladygardener!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful picture E_B are those yours I use to have a paint that looked a good bit like that one.
Looks like my luck is holding temps here are to be in the high 50"s and low 60's for most of the week. I still have just a little bit of staining to do. Got a little sidetracked with JR this weekend.

E_B--What a nice picture. One look at that and I'm running for the teabags and fuzzy slippers!!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Love that photo E_B! I had to drive up to State College last week on business. It was no fun going all through those mountains in snow squalls. I went through 8 or 9 different squalls up and back. One was so dense and furious, but the sun was shining brilliantly and the backdrop for the snow was a glorious pageant of fall blazing foliage. It was so beautiful that it helped alleviate the stress of avoiding the tractor trailers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.