A poll on taking polls

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No political discussion.
I just wanted to know if you have taken a formal poll on the presidential elections this year(either by phone or internet)?
Just a yes or no answer will do, thank you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Since Virginia is actually considered a swing state this year, I've been getting calls from both parties with "polls" for months. So that's a yes, sort of.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

No.
I'll expect recorded messages closer to The Day.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

We only use cell phones, so no polls here. Pollsters miss out on
a huge segment of the population who only use cell.

give em time, june, give em time! (ruefully)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone else???? I know there's more than 4 people in the Mid-Atlantic.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nope....I'm never home during "normal" hours - God knows they've apparently been at the door repeatedly...thrills Amber to death...NOT

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

No poll here, but getting a lot of political junk mail. I am a CNN junkie, but I hate it when they start talking about the poll numbers.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Plenty of recorded messages, but no formal poll.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

No polls for me; though I did hear on the news this week that "they" are starting to hit cell phones polling calls ....

Got a call last night during dinner so I politely declined--would assume it probably would have been political

Kilmarnock, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, I actually got polled by Rasmussen about 2-3 weeks ago.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Yes my house has received poles both ways. Only one party had live people making the call. I have worked with my committee for the past two months and will continue five hours a day through and including the 4th. I truely hope you all exercise your right and go to the poles on the forth. Our bank of forty some callers believe your serious questions are real no matter how small they may seem to be. We try our darnest to do our best and give real answers. We just love those who are onery....swearing and cursing us out for trying to do the best job we know how to do in this a most importent vote.

If you recieve a call from our committee members you will be told up front who we are and where we live working on which committee. We have been repeatedly trained to take the factual kind and gentle route.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Have have plenty of door knockers apparently - the last time I was home and just nicely said thank you, but voting for the other side. They were very kind about it and went on to the next house.

Joys of townhouse living!! plenty of close neighbors. I'm glad they were kind- I would have not said whether I was on their side or the other. My neighbor has a yard sign and 'hoped he didn't offend me.' but he picked the right one LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

My "ex" thought he'd help me out by putting a bumper sticker on my car....WHAT!?!?!?! Obviously I removed it. I stand by my opinion that if someone bases their vote on my bumper sticker (or yard sign) - I'd rather they not vote. Just a personal thought. As for my neighbors...some do have signs up...but it would never offend me, even when for the other team. ^_^ Everyone's allowed their freedom ~ even when their yard is sorely lacking for plants...LOL

Williamsport, MD

No polls to our phones either, cell or land line. No junk mail either.

funny- MD seems to be quiet on this issue

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Swing state here, lots of calls. I avoid answering them, if I happen to see the caller ID. If I don't recognize the name or number, I don't answer, period.

Lots of push polls all year long about a certain congressman. "Would you vote for so-and-so if you knew he eats small children?", etc. And pre-recorded messages about the same guy, every few weeks. They leave messages, too.

Way too many signs on the highways, all for local/state races.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.