She's About To.......#29

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

She ws just temporarily keeping me company over there.... lol!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello Hottie sis's and Handsome bro's!!... Boy I have missed ya'll..... BUT... we sure had a great time, and come about 11:30 today, I was wanting to kidnap Peg, and bring her home with me!! I just loved her, asnd we had such a great time together... I hate it that we didn't get a pic of Esther also... we did the same thing at the Tyler RU... we are just getting old and forgetful cause we didn't do it on purpose... sorry Esther!!...
We ( Ethel and I) was coming into Woodville about 15 miles from the house, and Lyle called that they were taking Momma to the ER.. she coded..... but they brought her back. By the time i got to the ER she was a lil responsive..not much.... I don't know what happened... they took blood work... ekg... and a cat scan. When I started to leave the NH... they sent her back... the nurse told me that Momma was supposed to be sent to MD Anderson Hospital in Houston... was in her report, and that the Dr had ordered 2 blood tests that they didn't even know what they were... That hospital is a renowned cancer hospital. Now I am even more worried. Momma has lost about 50 lbs in the past year. Also Lyle told me after I got home tonight that he has fallen without warning 5 times since I have been gone this weekend. It's his right knee and i have been thinking he needed it replaced... anyway it just gives out, starts hurting in the back of the knee, and he goes down!! When it rains it pours... right?? I know all of you will pray for us, and that is what I am asking and begging ( I am worried, but I am still bad..lol) I have a strong faith... and I know "who" is in control.. but I am human too!!

NOW...... I'm catching up..LOL... and NITE and sweet dreams.. cause I know most of the sweet H and H's are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing by now!!....LOVES!!

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Deleted because of Beck's post.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 10:58 PM

Beck, awake and here! Waiting on ya. Peg

Peg.. are you nuts?? Guess you won't be getting much sleep!!..lol.. too excited still huh?? hey... YOU are the one dieing to tell off on this poor ol defenseless woman..lol... go ahead.. make my day!!..lol

Yes, "don't know my name and has to wear her nametag everywhere," You have to tell the whole story, or either Ethel, it was good! I am nuts, you know that by know, good grief! So where do you stand with Mom? Is she at the NH or the hospital? Remember you said that sometimes I show up late and I told you I was waiting on something to happen. So, you can call me, I'll keep my cell right here, while I power nap for awhile.

"Poor defensiveless woman." Who's that?

Bonnie.. I am lost on the $1.00 thing... is this a joke for the gas on the Bonnie's Brug Bomb ( that's your ride to pick all of us up)..lol..TY for including me cause you KNOW I'll be there..lol Sounds like we will be having a big ol good time!! Yay!! Depends on the weather.. cause this ol gal won't come close to anything that resembles snow.. much less drive in it!! Sooo... I might drive or I might fly and rent a car... depends on the time of year ya'll decide on
Karen... I would be afraid to turn off the lights if you were germinating seeds/seedlings. The shift in temps might make them die from the shock... but what do I know??..lol
Peg.. wow.. you had some of your plants hid..lol.. I didn't think you had gotten that many.. WTG..girl
James.. you made out like a bandit too!! I know you had a great time at your RU
Donna... hate your DD is leaving but life goes on even though we don't like it... hope you are getting stronger all the time!!
seems like i have been away forever..lol... have so much more I want to say.. but i forgot what I read back up there for the last 2 days..lol

None of my plants were hid, they were in the room., LOL. I can pack pretty good myself sometimes.

Ya'll should have seen Beck putting that humongous catalba tree in her car, and then it got re-arranged it, and re-arranged it, because the top branches were in their faces while driving!

zzzzz, but I've got the phone right beside me. Pegster

hehehehehe... ME!!!!!!...lololol Didn't we have soo much fun??? NOOOOO I ain't telling off on myself..lol... I do too much of that now!! You'll have to do it..lol...It was hilarious even if the joke was on me!!
Momma is back in the nursing home... BAD UTI.. again!! and she was sooo dehydtated... they took her back to the NH with the glucose bag.. or what ever it's called these days, but I requested it, and TG the Dr and NH agreed. All I know is she just went limp in her wheelchair.. they got her on the bed.. did CPR and whatever else I don't know and rushed her to the ER. Right now I am so confused .. and even the nurses are confused. I WILL call you tomorrow after your shift.. I wanted to talk to you tonight so bad but I wouldn't dare call you as late as I got home. I know you know as much as Dr.s and i need some kind of advise, cause it doesn't really look good. I'll know more tomorrow cause I am going back up to the NH in the morning, so I'll call about 3-4.. or so.. you know how I procrastinate, and really I don't know how long I will be up there

welcome starlight!! You posted quite a few times on the Hurricane Ike thread and I remember your name from there.. you showed so much compassion.. and it was appreciated!!
No Peg.. your eyes were red enough lol... no way would I call now... sleep tight girlie.. I am about to go myself!! Lyle took Ethel home and my stuff is right where we rearranged them this morning..lol.. I did bring in the cuttings and stick them in water. I'll get a pic of my grand haul...lol, and have to send some more pics, but i didn't take many at this RU.. sooo probably no funnies on this RU..lol

HUGS, the real ones, prayers and I'm still sleeping with my phone, okay?

{{Becky}}

woman... get your butt to bed..lol..

anjl... how are you feeling?? There have GOT to be better days ahead for you... you really have been through the mill lately.. and TY!!

I am monitoring my temp right now :( I think if it doesnt drop down some tonight, I'll go back to docs tomorrow... I'm really getting sick of visiting the docs office! grrr!
I'm taking 8 different medicines right now... If they add another antibiotic Imma gonna scream! LOL!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Anjil, poor thing you sound like me..;(
Beck: My prayers are with you and for you and your family, have hubby chec

k for torn achilles heel tendon.. it connects behind the knee, and you will drop if it tears..
The Rooting Tub:

Mothers day present for me from my son two years ago, he got it at K-Mart for 79.00, It has been running out and in ever since.. it is the closet thing to a waterfall pond he could find for me lol I love it and I love him!...

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Jezzz you's have sure been talkative...
Well I've been here trying to fight off DH's cold....But mines in my head...
Hopefully he's on the mend....
3 mornings now here with hard frosts (temps in the 20's)
So I do believe my growing season is over.... well at least outside...
Baby plumies are still doing okay so far...I have a heating pad under them turned on low 24 hours a day for now..
And they get the light from the window...
I'll move them upstairs when their alittle bigger...
I'm putting a florenscent light upstairs..the plants get some light from the window but I've got a few more then i've had so i'm gonna help them out some more..but i'll turn it off at night cause all babies need sleep... : )
it is so cool the way once it gets dark the Isabella leaves close/turn upwards...

We cut a half load of wood Saturday and cut a whole load yesterday...
Found a big ole pile of fresh Bear Poop...LOL in the pasture (nice size bear by the looks of it)
So that's got me alittle on guard...I haven't seen him around lately But now I know he's still out there...
The only good thing about winter is they hibernate...But I think we still have a couple of months left till that happens...
So i'll be on my guard out there...LOL
My DSD bought me a little can of pepper spray... maybe sprays 5 feet....LOL
If he gets that close I won't have to worry about spraying him.....I'll probably die of fright...
Or they'll be a pile of my poop there.....heehee

Dana i'll try a couple of those Blue Rose of Sharon seeds..and I won't ask any questions...teeheehee
ISP is acting up this morning will catch up more later..

Heber Springs, AR

AUNTB, I CUT ALL MY ANGEL TRUMPETS DOWN YESTERDAY. LEFT 6 INCH STUBS STICKING ABOVE THE GROUND AND THEN PUT ABOUT 1 FOOT OF MULCH ON THE TOP OF THEM, HOPEING THEY WILL MAKE IT TILL SPRING. ALSO PLANTED 18 BRUG CUTTINGS. ALL NOIDS BUT THE ONES THAT BLOOMED THIS YEAR WERE BEAUTIFUL, I HAVE ABOUT 5 ROOTED AND READY TO GO. I WILL JUST SEND THEM TO THE NAMES I HAVE. AS FAR AS THEY WILL GO ANYWAY AND THE OTHER HOTTIES THAT WANT ONE CAN WAIT TILL LATER TO GET A ROOTED ONE, THERE MUCH BETTER ANYWAY, HAGD EVERYONE, NOW I HAVE TO READ LINK #29. LATER SWEET LADIES.

Heber Springs, AR

ADD MY NAME TO THE LIST, I HOPE TO GET TO COME.

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow that was some catching up. If we have it in kansas city..anyone with pets can stay with me , I have a pet friendly home. If you want it near a theme park may I suggest Disney World? Spring fares I usually get for 200 rt from Omaha and we can home base at my Dad's house in Palm Bay. If you wanna camp on the floors with air mattresses and or sleeping bags there is plenty of room! Once again, pets fine! Plus anywhere in Florida is less than a days drive and lots of gardens and nurseries and I know some really nice ones there.
Welcome Starlight!!!
Becky so sorry about your Mom! I hope they resolve that very soon and she mends quickly. Deb love those punkins! WOW is all I can say they are cool! Clemen hope you have no sea water damage there! Have a great day hotties!

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

ooh florida now thats an idea! i wont have to do much convincing dh . lol plus we can load our cars up with brugs lemon trees and other tropicals. i bet they have some awsome garden centers lol we can drive , its about 8-10 hrs depending ...... oops sorry good morning all !! ill be back after i take my oldest to school .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone. Becky, Great big hugs coming your way. I know this is a hasrd time for you, but "HE" will et you through it. And your garden, and all of us Hotties!!!
Please take care.
Most of you know that I am taking care of my handi cap dad. He had multiple strokes years ago, and he is now living with us, and in a wheel chair. Well, his wishes a long time ago, was to have no resesitation. So I know when his time comes, I will have a hard time with that. I know it will be for the best, but still not an easy thing!
God Bless
Linda Kay

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have seen Bonnies Brug Bomber in action! It can hold alot of plants!

Oh my, love the thought of Disney World. Can you drive tropicals into Florida? Do they stop you and check like they use to a million years ago? What am I talking about, more plants? I don't have any room left! Wow we could really find some cool plants....Just a little far for the folks on the west coast....especially driving.

Iris - I would be interested in blue rose of sharon. It always amazes me on how fast little kiddos can get in a situation. Bet that was a scary ride for all of them....I don't have any little ones and one time my sister left me with her two kids 3 1/2 and 2. She went to a concert with my older sister. The kids Father was in Korea, when he suddenly calls from Colorado and he is on his way home.....so I had decided if I had to take them to the airport I was going to tie rope to their belt loops! LOL...those two kids could move faster than light and I wasn't about to lose them at the airport. Luckly I got a hold of their Mom and she went and got her sweety. I don't know how all you Moms do it.....hats off to you all.

Becky - hope all turns out well. It is sure a tough situation.

Gonna be nice today and then starting tomorrow rain and cold. Oh well I am at work so doesn't matter to me.

Later better get back to what pays me.

I have a question. Is rose of sharon, the same as hibiscus? If so, why is it called 2 different things? If it is, I want some please. I know there are hardy, and tropical hibiscus.
Just confused this morning. Need more coffee.
Linda Kay

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Morning hotties and hansoms

Mike I donate my buck to the cause, it would be so great to have Bonnie driving the country to pick us all up. Loved the joke on the mastercard commercial, cause if it wasn’t for my MC I would not be planning to go.

Karen you had me ROTFL with your analogy of Bonnie in the panted plant van. Yup, she could be the original flower child of the decade. I was tired just reading your post of your done list you deserved that steak dinner.

Linda Kay, Still hoping you can make it to the RU.

Debra, your plants look so happy, I love that rooting tub and the pumpkin came out great.

Starlight, welcome to the thread and the wacky hotties. You will have more burgs than you know what to do with by summer. They are extremely addictive and we will keep enabling you. My CRS is not that bad I know I said welcome last night but that post is sooooooo far up now you may not see it. It gets hard to keep up here.

James, the pix of your loot are wonderful, a RU is the best place to collect them.

Clemen hope that tide did not go over the edge last night; we don’t want any of your plant babies to drown. Your Cacti is gorgeous I didn’t know (before DG) they flowered like that.

Joyce I have/had a plant on my desk at work it only makes me want to be home in the garden during the spring/summer. You’re just going and going in that yard it will look so fantastic in the spring.

Peg that haul of your looks wonderful. I’m make a RU a top priority for next year.

Dana, I remember those days with my girls, Lisa gave me grey hair before I was 25. The things that child did, I could write a book. Hope the little one is better this morning.

Tammie your tub looks so inviting, nice way to relax.

Beck I’m sending prayers for your momma and DH. Glad you had a wonderful weekend, hope you got some sleep.

Phyllis, busy busy for you too and a bear, OH MY. Don’t let that guy get close enough to use that spray. Take care and feel better soon.

Morning Wolfie, Your burggies are staying in the ground for the winter. So nice to be in a warm enough zone

Anjl, praying you are feeling better this am, you have had a rough year.

Louise, I was thinking DW also, flights there even though it’s further are a better price from here. I’d love to go someplace warm in the early spring. There are a lot of nice places to go there aside from Mickey’s house too. Even better if there is room for all in the house, but it is a long way for the west coast group to travel.

I’ve been typing for a while, going to post now. Have a great Monday every one. Waving morning to anyone I missed

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Morning morning busy friends! Wishing all a good day, will be around later. Love to all, Clem

taters sorry to hear about your dad. my mom wants the same thing it will be hard but i wont want to see her suffer . i know it will be in gods hands after that no matter what happens when we die . the rose of sharon is in the same family as hibiscus and hollyhock . there are a few blue varieties , im not sure which variety this is but you can look up blue rose of sharon and see the different varieties and get an idea what it will look like .
happ, ill get them out today . thats funny about your sisters kids . i baby-sat my nieces daughter before i had any . she was like 3 months old and i about had a nervous breakdown . she cried for 3 hrs . i cant believe i had any after that . my mom is the only person who can handle my kids . no one will attempt to watch them . they arnt bad but you can imagine what 3 boys are like . my mil keeps asking to have them over night and i keep saying no because they are 2 hrs away . so we had a wedding to go to , the older one was in it . we told her she could have them for a few hrs . she was calling us after an hr . the 2 yr old pooped his pants and the 1 yr old was crying looking for me. lol she said never again .
donna lol no grey yet but when i do you better believe im coloring it lol . and ground my kids one day for every grey hair . thats fair right lol

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/search.php?q=rose+of+sharon+blue&Search=Search+PlantFiles

Pleae scroll down a little, there is one blue one called blue satin. If yours is this color, I would love to have some of the seeds please? A lot of them have blue in the name, but they are more lavender, or mauve colored. I would love to have one in a true blue color.

Thanks
Linda Kay

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Good morning Hotties - Sorry about your Mom Becky - Hope they figure out what is going on with her - There are pics of everyone at the RU on the RU picture thread - pics of everyone with their door prize --and lots of informal ones - they caught me with a mouthful - hehe - It was a beautiful day -I was so sore yesterday - I didn't do any planting- Take that back - I did get my plumeria planted - hope I did it right --- I'm not going to win any races today - but am going to try to do a little planting - some of the plants - I need to look up info on -

Take care all
Esther

lol i dont have one. they are off a plant at lowes . i swiped a bunch of seedpods . i didnt get to read the label besides blue rose of sharon . but if they are the same ones that were being sold at kroger they are really blue .

If that is the case, i would love to try them, if you have extras.
Thanks
Linda Kay

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Has anyone had experience with Cordyline fruticosa Red Sister? I bought a couple at Home Depot - don't know if they would survive outside here????

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning everybody! Hope ya all staying warmer than me. Got the long johns on , jeanes t, shirt two sweaters and my head scarf. Woke up to 40 degrees. Who took my sunshine and warmth away? Would appreciate having it back. I so cold my goosebumbps got goosebumps.

So excited can hardly wait. My son been serving for the past two years overseas and he finally comes home for leave tommorrow for a few weeks. Been too long of time. He here for a few weeks then off to a camp for a coupel weeks and back overseas again.

Wonder if he gonna make me give back his plants I been watching. Hope not. I kinda got attached ot them. Got a big surpris efo rhim too. The backyard hasn't been mowed since he left and it still waitign on him. That ought to keep him in shape for a few days anyways.

Prayers this mornign for sevral of ya. Sure hope ya and relatives all get to feeling better.

IloveJesus... Will et a couple of these white brugs I got rooted for ya and send them to ya too. I been there with that watching evrything be destroyed from hurricanes. Hope your bruises are healing.

Will try and pop back later. Gotta get rid of the dustballs under my sons bed. Think they been there two years too. They probably the size of beachballs by now. LOL

Iris don't know if you saw my request above either..
Would like to try some too thanks..

Mornin sweet hotties and handsomes!!

finally got all the plants unloaded and I'll get a pic in a minute. Going to call the Dr. Momma couldn't survive treatments as I am assuming they have found cancer. Lyle has an appt with the DR. tomorrow, and he can't hardly walk.. I am sure he will have to have surgery, and he's already scheduled for the pain implant surgery in Houston on Nov 3rd... I need a couple of twins to come help me out..lol.. guess that would mean I am one of triplets!!...lol
I don't like not being able to talk to each of you..lol... but I will after all this settles down... and PEG...IF I remember my name...hehehehehehe I wish I hadn't thrown my nametag away..LOL

TTYL!!

got ya lil, LOL thats so funny about the bear , and the spray . the bear would be like mmm pepper to go with my supper . sorry thats not funny lol .

anjl , feel better !! i know what you mean about the dr ill only go if i have a severed leg . luckily i have a busy dr , and i call and tell them whats wrong and they call me in everything . probably not a good practice . beck were all thinking about you . your mom is so cute . i just hope i can be as strong as you when i face these situations .
star, thats awesome about your son .i bet he will be soo happy to get home
wheres auntb ? auntbeeeee?

oh shes on 26 hey trouble makers and im here thinking you guys are havin a bad day or somethin

Iris Well I was out in my side yard abt 40 feet from my house a few months back digging up some blackberry bushes...
When I heard a loud thump...Looked up and 10 feet away was the biggest black bear i've ever seen...
well at 10 feet away thats what it seemed like....I guess the first thought was OMG i'm dead....LOL
He'd take a few steps forward and swing his whole body back around at me...did it like 4 times..everytime he moved so did I..away from him
I ended up in the horse pasture...then came to my senses and started back towards the back of the house..
Then got my chance and ran for the back door...
I don't think I was ever that scared in my life...
The DH and DD said why didn't you yell at him...
Well we've had a little guy out there abt 150 pounds just before this and when you yelled he stood up..
I would have died right there if he stood up...LOL
The very next day the DH mowed the horse pasture so I could see anything coming through...
It's not used anymore so it was overgrown...

He came back 2 weeks later and tore my birdfeeder apart..
I was up on the balcony and yelled at him and he swung his whole body around at me and then took a few steps away..
but he kept doing this everytime I yelled at him...
The DH thinks he's was trying to intimidate me....
WELL IT WORKED...LOL
I haven't seen him since but now I know a big one has been around again..
Here our hunting stores they sell pepper spray as Bear Repelent...But with a 35 foot spraying distance....
5 feet just not gonna work for me....LOL

Phyllis..... Lordy.... I wouldn't be able to move.. if I saw a bear in my yard. I do love to look at them though. One time in Colorado, there was a bay bear.. and i kinda "chased" him to get some close pics even though I was probably 100 ' away... AFTER I got the pics... I thought man.. I am one dumb ???? He was about 150lbs. but i bet he could have torn me a new one..lol.. and i bet Momma wasn't too far away...

here's a pic of my haul... I made out like a bandit for sure..lol

Thumbnail by beck5711

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.