She's About To.......#29

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

About to be hauled inside for me... a dozen brugs IN bloom and it's time to haul them in.... but, it's also the time of year to receive and start new cuttings for our "needs" for the next growing season...

Come on in and join us! We talk about almost everything! Right now we are in the beginning planning stages of a Hottie & Handsome RU... sometime next Spring?.. hasn't been established yet......somewhere..hasn't been established yet... If you really want to try to make it... let me know (d-mail is best) Every H&H's opinion matters..

I'll post the edited list thus fair in a few...

We came from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/913883/

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Let's play with it for a while and if you'd really want to try to come ... No date has been set, no location has been decided.....this is in the Planning stage.. Keeping in mind the last 2 weeks in March isn't good for Peg, AnjL's b-day IS 3/9... she can't come w/out her pets, Clemens almost 2 days away from anywhere that isn't Donna's place....Feb may be too iffy on weather for us Northerners and April may be planting time for you Southerners...Summer isn't totally out, but who would care for our brugs and photograph all the blooms we will be getting???

LIST OF HOTTIE and HANDSOME RU HOPEFULS

Donna11-Providence, RI
Clemen-Long Island, NY
AnjL goes by AnjL but I know her real name-SanFrancisco, CA
SanteeLissa Melissa-Santee, CA
AuntB Bonnie-Topeka,KS
Joeswife Debra-Derby,KS
Cat64129 Cathy-Rich Hill, MO
Happgarden Joyce-KC,MO
Lavender4ever Louise-Otoe, NE
Duhtzu Faye-Henderson, NC
Starlight1153.... Star?- Seale, AL
Doe41 Audrey-Dyersburg, TN
Karen-Dallas , TX
Beck-Colmesneil, TX
ILoveJesus99 Sandy2-Baytown, TX
Texasgrower Jeane-Palestine, TX
Merpeg Peggy-Oklahoma City, OK
sibhskylvr Mike-Batesville, AR
Werewolf1 "Wolfie"-Heber Springs, AR
Iris Dana-Louisville, KY

HEY HOTTIES & HANDSOMES, IF I MISSED ANYONE--------------------- PLEASE D-MAIL me... I don't want to leave ANY H&H Hopeful out... REMEMBER, I lose my marbles frequently, but manage to find them with the help of precious H&H's ;) OXO

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 6:48 PM

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 6:56 PM

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008 6:30 AM

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008 3:00 PM

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 8:38 PM

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I would LOVE to come and meet y'all, but I can't afford to drive OR fly! Just have enough fun for me, too!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

OMG Hottie Bonnie, you are starting trouble already and I see you are making me go and twisting my arm, lol.

I am here in my canal house and we are having unsual high tide. The water is an inch or two from overflowing in the backyard. We have never seen it like this unless we are getting a northeastern. The tide should reach peak in about an hour. I guess I will need to move the brugs, the dats will probably die, they are planted on the ground. I am going now to gather seeds. Wish me good luck and I'll be back soon.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon!

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new threat Bonnie and keeping the list.

Audrey, we would love for you to come but I understand it is a pricey weekend.

Clemen oh my I wonder why the tide is so high. Good luck with the yard and the Dat seeds hope they are ready to pick.

(Cathy), MO

For any who are on fixed incomes, remember someone may be driving right by your place and can stop and pick you up. I would be happy to pick up anyone in my general vicinity, who needs a ride.

(Mike) Batesville, AR

I think AuntB should be our designated driver - get a bus & pick us all up! :) It would be so much easier. Well, AuntB? What do you think?? If we were to all pitch in, say $1.00, it should be worth your while. And just think of the FUN you'd have spending it with ALL of us! rofl! The FUN you'd have would be priceless! It sounds like a great 'Mastercard' commercial! I can just see us all! :)

Mike

Thumbnail by sibhskylvr
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Goodmorning all.
James, looks like you got a lot of good plants there. Gonna keep you busy for a bit, finding the right place for them, and getting them planted. Is this your first brug for your new garden?
ladies, I would love to join you also, but I will have my Dad back by then, and traveling will be out of the question I think. have fun for me when you have this Hotties RU.
Linda Kay

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

No it isnt Linda Kay I have a ton of different Brugs some old and some new. here are some pictures of plants that I recieved so far I still have more that I need to take.

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Brugmansia Big

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Brugmansia first belle budding

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

EE

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Purple stemed EE

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Pineapple

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

what about holding our hottie ru in MO? seems we have quite a few people in that area and its pretty central to everyone else? isnt there a huge great mall in MO somewhere? lol!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Variegated Hibisucus

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi all. Linda Kay sent me a link to ya all over here. Told me it ok to pop in here on ya all. I chat all over the place, but this a new forum fo rme and lots of folks I don't know, so been kinda shy about stopping in.

I have coffee and pumpkin muffins if that helps. : )

I still need some help on here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/914480/

if anybody not busy and can giv eme some more advice so I cna get my new passion which I totally blame on ya all for showing all your pics. Hung on the wallpaper for alogn time til I finally couldn't stand it anymore and had to try and get some. Ya all should be ashamed of yourselves for being such enablers. LOL

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Darn it Linda Kay.. we still don't know where or when... keep that in mind.... Donna? New threat? I only pressured Clemen, just a lil.... Mike! Right, $12.00 (12 peeps on the list right now..) $13 if you're game! That would buy about 2 gallons of gas by then,.... but I like the idea, prolly take me 2 weeks to get everyone picked up! lol I know, I'll just quit my job and be a "roving Hottie"! Picking up odd jobs here and there, earn enough to eat and by 20-20-20 and the recipe ingredients and to get to the next destination... sounds fun, I don't have any ties.. cept my brugs....I'd HAVE to make a greenhouse, somewhere, somehow in my Hottie Mobile :)

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Starlight, Welcome to the Hottie Thread, ya lil Lurker! ;) I AM kinda busy, but I do want to help you....I tried to read all of your link... so you've cut it up, right? I've rooted 7ft tree like cuttings before over winter in a bucket... had to whack it with the sawsall.. your cuttings will root in water, potting mix, orchid moss, spagnum moss.. laying horizontal or sticking up vertical... I don't think I'd leave them outside to root this winter .. but I'm in zone 5 or 6, so those people you got them from must know what they are talking about.. Where exactly are you at with them? Cut, in water and ready for rooting? The pic I started this thread with shows some of mine in see through plastic cups and any containers I could find.. those tiny ones are stem starts I plucked off and am experimenting with...
edited to add more thoughts and a Welcome to the wonderful addictive world of Brugmansia!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 12:37 PM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi AuntB! waves at ya. yep been lurkering for quite awhile and got tired of drooling over my keyboard and figure dit time to try and start drooling in the yard. Least that ways I don't have to have a tissue handy all the time to clean the keyboard.

I put up a bunch of pics of where I at. Got em cut put the last set of pics is where I stuck at. Got em sitting in a bucket of rain water right now til I find out if it ok to start planting them.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

ok, I'll go look and brb

James!!! missed all your pics.... WONDERFUL!!!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 12:39 PM

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Starlight! Welcome!!!! Glad you quit lurking and came on out to join us bunch of crazies, LOL! James, I got a varigated Hibiscus too at the RU, but mine is a tiny seedling. That one is a beaut!

Aunt B in the hottie mobile....OMG what a thought. I'm envisioning a hippie bus with Hotties or Bust and day-glo Brugs painted all over the sides, Bonnie popping that clutch with gardening clogs and wearing a big straw hat! What a hoot that would be, haha! That mental imagery will have me laughing all day long!

Well, nights are down to 50 here, and I've decided to go ahead tomorrow and move all my plants into my new greenhouse. I don't want to wait until the day of the first freeze and then have to work frantically to get everything done. I mulched my in the ground Brugs with a HUGE amount and will wrap those in bubble wrap. I'll be glad to have that work finished.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm waiting as long as I can before bringing in my brugs! First, I don't have much room, second, they're full of buds, and I want them to keep them!

Sounds good to me if anybody's coming by me! I'd love to go! Be glad to chip in for gas!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

A HOTTIE MOBILE????? Love it Bonnie and Mike is such a great sports, lol, I love that and what a great idea.

Welcome Starlight, what kind of help do you need with your passi??? I am bringing all of mine in today, so sad, the brugs and everything else including the cacti is still outside.

Well, the salty water on the canal did not reach my grass or flower beds, TG, however, the tide is still pretty high and it is not coming down, that means we may have problems this evening when it is high tide again.

Thank you Donnita for worrying about me and I was able to gather quite a few more seeds, I hope i can get lots more next week end.

Ok back outside, tons of work to do.

(Mike) Batesville, AR

Clemen

Don't forget to load the U-Haul trailer full of passies for me!! rofl! I'll pick it up in the morning - as I have to get a trailer hitch put on the car! Back outside for me too! It's been a busy, busy day! :)

Mike

Thumbnail by sibhskylvr
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Karen and I have to thank gingerlilly for that one she is such a sweet lady and it was nice meeting her also.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

.. if I could figure out how to camp out in a parking lot with 3 dogs.. I could make it.. the travel would be easy.. it's the motels I can't afford.. most won't take 3 dogs! I take my 'children with me' One GIANT hotties RU.. wouldn't that be a blast... one giant RU 'tailgate party' Guess I should start a buch of things to trade.. hope things grow better next spring than they did this year.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am in, I would help with Gas and pick up anyone for this event.. I would drive up to 5 hours, daylite LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks all.

I dug aroudn through the couch cushions and i found not one but two dallars worth of change, so if ya driving a hottie mobile, pelase make a pass through Alabama and then we gotta hit Sc so another " done gone crazy for brug" person can come too. I got enough for her fare.

Course ya know ya have to have it all decorated up and wild looking. Makes me think of the idea of hippy buses. Can just see her driving down the highway, windows down , singing away, with flowers busting out the side windows. : )

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Another RU Hottie home and safe!! And sooo tired...

Welcome starlight! Yes, we are a little bit crazy about brugs, if only it was a "little bit" LOL

I've got to get things unpacked, settled and figure out where everything is going for now, (and I really should say hi to my husband), but, here's the final... And yes, it includes 4 new brugs! (Minus the tomatoes, they came out for some sunshine today and were not from the trip!)

Thumbnail by merpeg

you betcha sister hottie, that would be so cool.. a huge school bus, painted up with us going from state ..... Call The Press! get a reporter, advertise for support..

That would be fun, just go see everybody, and pick them up along the way! But there are a lot of us now, we might need more than one bus, so we'd be a caravan.

WoW! Peg! What an awsome collection!

hi all, I made it back from the pet store and didnt even spend that much! lol!

okay, did anyone save me one of those pumpkin muffins?!!

Hi Starlight, welcome! I too was a lurker for a long time, every once in a while I revert back to lurking...right now I'm just a hottie trouble maker! teehee! I dont know a thing about passi's so I'm no help to you there :( just now learning about lots of plants...and trying to keep it all straight in my lil ole pea brain.... which is a feat in itself! LOL!

okay now, pass me that pumpkin muffin and I'll refill the coffee cups :) plenty of time left in this day, the chores can wait!

My youngest DD just carved her second pumpkin, has the seeds in the oven, made up a batch of salsa, made an oven bake, watching the wind blow the trees and my brug from my window here..

(Cathy), MO

Welcome Starlight! I like your idea Bonnie! I'll pack a picnic lunch for the day you pick me up! I need a little advance notice though, as to how much to plan on bringing. Hmm...fried chicken ok with everyone?

It is! In fact, the whole trip was awsome. I need to figure out what can go in ground now, what has to wait for spring and what needs to stay in until summer, the tropicals. I ended up with about 40 new plants so I've got my work cut out for me. And I ended up turning things down, because there just was not room in the car. About the last hour, I just sat, watched and talked and quit trading or taking giveaways. Just a very unique experience and people were so giving of themselves and their plants. I've never been hugged by soo many strangers in my life, but they weren't strangers, I had just not met them in person. Now, I don't know if I'm going to try to match Beck's record for going to RUs but this will be on my list of "to dos" at least once a year. It is too much fun for not a whole lot.

Talk to ya'll later and, it maybe tomorrow, since I do have to go back to work in the morning EARLY!! LOL Peg

oh I am in for the hottie bus ride too! I know I'm quite a ways away from most of you all...does that mean my gas fare is more?

will there be room on th bus for all our brug babies and fur babies and grandbabies? I dont think I can leave any of them behind! lol!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Still got two pumpkin muffins left and then it on to the batch of cranberry ones. : )

Thanks for the welcome. Hi Cat!

I was gifted a big hunk of a think it single white brug and didn't know what to do with it. My passi. Just found the passi forum to see if I can get it id's saved seed from it.

Wow. That alot of plants and you got all them at a Ru. I need to get to one too. Wish they just weren't all so far away. : (

wow, I just read your thread on the brug cutting! what a great gift you received!

I still NEED to get a white brug...but I'm holding out til next spring :) due to health stuff, I dont want to add anymore to my plate right now! lol! I want to find a white double..... anyone have any suggestions?

ooh cranberry muffins too? I am going to gain back all that weight I just lost! grrr! lol!

have you all heard of that saying...'never say never' well, just last week I posted on here that I quit quitting regarding cigarettes... and now I'm quitting.... and eating, and eating, and eating! ugh!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.