The Crazy Chicken Crew and Their Titles

(Zone 7b)

LT. Major Harmony #12360 Reporting being soaked to the skin prepareing dove & pigeon cages for flea market in the pouring rain.
LT.Harmony is in dire need of hot tea and dry underpants.

LT. Major Harmony #12360 cold wet and tired but on call ACHOOO!! i mean "SALUTE"

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sir what in hoot are you doing? Sir can you not do that at dawn's early light when perchance it might be dry? Sir might I suggest a mint julip in order to stave off illness?

(Zone 7b)

I have to be at the flea market at daylight to get a good table theres no time in the morning unless i get up at 3am so i cage them and load them at night and leave around 5am.
Couldn't load because of the rain and had to run with the birds so they wouldn't get wet and they are safe under my shed.

LT. Major Harmony "SALUTE"

Clarkson, KY

Watcha need is hot buttered rum! Dries from the inside -pantsanall!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good luck on your mission sir. We will keep the home fires warm for your return.

(Zone 7b)

LT. Major Harmony is apreciative of the kindness and it warms her heart.

UH HUM LT. Major Harmony #12360 "SALUTE"

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good call grownut. I was gonna suggest Blueberry Tea. A fine Canuck traditional drink combining the Brit influence (tea) with good strong lequers.

Clarkson, KY

whisperwhisper{{I got in trouble once for calling General Dusty sir instead of ma'am}}{{then I really got in trouble by calling her Sir, yes Ma'am!!}}

Clarkson, KY

Ooh, hey! Nuttin' like hot homemade hooch!! I have a bunch of Japanese recipes for plum wine, lemon, strawberry......lllllLikker....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

pst perhaps 'The Great and Omnificent Hatcher'. I know I'll get court marshalled but I'm dying to call some one 'Big Bird' shhh I only said that with my inside voice

Clarkson, KY

{{you typed with your inside voice too! how did you do that??}}

Newton, AL

ok, Chief Between. I was a Chief Warrant officer in the army. and now I am Chief nurse, bottlewasher, poop scooper, chief cook etc. etc.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OOOOOOH, another **real** titled individual. Dusty is a Colonel but she's a General to us cuz she's got a REAL important title compared to the rest of us slackers. But now we have another REAL title person. I will put you down as Chief Between, but I think you might need a more grand title because you have a real one.

Silkiechick - are you OK with Queen of the Fluffed and Furléd Fowl? Let us know!

Mmmmm...blueberry tea with maple syrup. YUM!! Instead I'm having a glass of riesling here. Oh well, close enough!

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

queen of fluff- i love it, rotfl. speaking of fluff u got to see how some of those fluffy butts in the brooder i posted baby pics not long ago for r growing.

check out the fluff on this white showgirl baby i just took.

Thumbnail by silkiechick
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

KPO Jan and Minister of Pastries Brigidlily - please advise the chicken crew on protocols with sweet potato fries. We are having them at this very moment. I don't want to do anything off the books.

In addition, Key Lime Pie was raised on another thread. Protocols?

Glad to see there have been no further cupcake incidents - you are truly worthy additions to our team.

CPO Moxon

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh wow, QFFF Silkiechick - that is truly adorable. Did you see my pic of my poor silkie in her awkward stage?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Newton, AL

too cute!!!!!

here the frizzled splash cochin baby too. these r not the last peep pics i posted those r in the other brooder these r the ones i posted pics of about 2 weeks before those so these r the older siblings.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

no, how adorable!! mine must be about a week older than urs they r just looseing the last of the down on tips of feathers and the rest of the cristalis is breaking open.
QFFF - silkie

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Really, you think she is cute? I keep thinking she looks like somebody dragged her through a hedge backwards. Poor thing. I hope in a another week she is coming into a a more attractive phase....

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm coming over here because I love chickens and who wants to hang out with the N.E. folks come winter. lol I did post some photos of my true chicken love, although I don't own any. I've been lurking here for a good long while. So, although I don't own a single chicken and never have, I do love many breeds and read up on chickens all the time. This is all because I have had a country house for twenty years, but do not live here full time. My hope is, if this becomes a full time residence, the first thing we'll do is add some chickens. I am impulsive that way as I once bought a pony that lived on the deck until DH fenced a pasture. I do get it figured out. :)

There are so many wonderful chickens. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, but you folks here are very enticing. I don't understand how you add all these chickens to your collections. My very limited experience with chickens is they only get along when raised together, chicken sex is not a pretty sight and incubating is not as easy as it seems. I'll learn along the way. I'm sure.
Laurel

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hooray Laurel! So pleased that you un-lurked and became a poster! Welcome to our insanity-inducing forum! So if you could have those chickens at your country house, what breed(s) would you want?

And do you have a title for yourself? Chief Chicken Dreamer, perhaps?

Chicken sex makes me glad I'm not a chicken! ROTFLMBO!

Incubating is dead easy when you have a Brinsea R-Com 20.

Chief Petty Officer/Commander Moxon

Clarkson, KY

Most vehemently seconded by COGrow -Unlurk, Unlurk!! -Though yours is beautiful CPOMoxy!!QFFF's provided her perfect Avatar!!! That is JUST how I see you!

Maybe Laurel oughtta go for Chicken Coordinating Officer. If she can handle porch ponies she can coordinate chickens?!

Okay, you folks are outrageous enough for me, but I've gotta go to bed, Need to pick collards and beans for friend's chickens in the early a.m.. Also, I've got a bumper load of Maypops for ubber eggs.

I accept the CCO position if it's agreed upon by the group. There are a bunch of fowlks here and I do not want to drop in as I admittedly have no fowl experience (except the occasional oral problem).
Laurel

i third that, welcome aboard!!

yes i love all silkies,lol. nah, that's just their punk look stage and mine r right at the end of it. don't fret mine blossomed over night,lol. they r beautiful in person more than the pics show, they didn't want to hold still but i had to take pics,lol. i'm excited to see how they look once all the feathers open fully!!! u wait ur little one will blossom to in no time!!!

lol, i'm not a fluffy chook, plump chic mabe, rotfl here is a family pic taken when i went up by erie, pa to see my elderly family a few weekends ago. we did a 3 car pool to go see them(some even stayed home to), first i've seen them since 97 when my gram died. i'm the blonde on the right 5 of the kid's r mine and 3 r my sisters, she is the blonde in the middle. my youngest brother is on the left. lol, now ya all get to see who silkie is. won't happen often i hate my pic taken, lmbo.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

CCO agreed, love to have u join us!!

QFFF

Lodi, United States

Must join!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Cool pic Silkiechick! I'm guessing your sister has 2 boys and a girl? I am guessing the others are your younguns.. too cute!

Big Giant Welcome to CCO and the porch pony. LOL

MotherBirdZZ
out

thanks, the girl in pink is my sister's and the boy right behind her is, front row second boy is her's too. and my brothers baby is in the oven with the girl right by him it's his first,lol. i'm going to be an auntie again for the 6th time in about 4mths!! i'm excited, can't wait!!!

QFFF-silkie

Clarkson, KY

backupaminute?! Didn't we get a CB on board too? Chief Between? So subtle I almost missed it...Do we look like subtle people? Don't wanna miss ya, but it might be better to slap-us-upside-the-head with it!

londonderry, Australia

wow we have a lot of followers we should start a religon the first chirch of the holy chickens now we have to go on the hunt for the holy incubator instead of grael or how ever it is spelt LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

QFFF - a lovely family indeed and you look maaaahvelous! So fun to see you so we have a face to put with your esteemed title.

I added Chicken Control Officer MaypopLaurel to the list.

Chief Between was already added to the list although I had suggested she might want a more important sounding title, especially since she has a REAL military title. I mean, Dusty became General and all....

Josh - I nearly died laughing over the First Church of the Holy Chickens and the Holy Incubator - you are very creative and you crack me up, mate! The Canadian Spelling Police (my second role) would like to report that it's spelled Holy Grail.

Off to the PO to pick up eggs!
Moxy

Lodi, United States

Ha! Gotcha, Canadian-Know-It -All! "Grael" is an alternate and entirely, in fact, possibly more, authentic spelling for the said article.

Just because an Australian spelled it, doesn't mean it's wrong. (gotta use spellcheck now, to prevent a "double gotcha" by CPO Moxon)

londonderry, Australia

i am australian every one knows we cant spell it is common knowledge we arent the brightest of folk why do u think we eat our national emblem probably spelled that wrong to LOL

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 12:03 AM

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

The Chicken Control Officer is known as CWO Between....That's a mighty fine rank in my book...

Lodi, United States

Nick Cave is pretty bright.

londonderry, Australia

who is that please dont tell me it is a well know australian that i should know about

Lodi, United States

Well, he is an ex-pat. Went to Brazil and England (didn't like the States) in the 80's and terrified the punks--who thought he was a VERY wild colonial boy. But he is a pretty brilliant writer/musician--he wrote and scored the Australian Western "The Proposition".

londonderry, Australia

so he was a one hit wonder some of the best songs are one hit wonders LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.