Got rebloom?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Post your rebloom photos here!

I went out to the iris beds and found more rebloom than I ever dreamed possible in Zone 5 where I live. Earlier this summer I had a rebloom from Double Your Fun, in fact it is still in bloom, but here is a rebloom from Elephant Footprint. It already bloomed on Sept. 1 and now it is blooming again on October 8. I am so excited because we rarely have rebloom here in New Mexico. My only rebloomer before this was Romantic Evening some years ago. But this year I have already had two rebloomers and have buds ready to open on Sugar Blues. Will post when it blooms-- perhaps tomorrow. Also, I have a big bud on Zurich which is actually newly planted this summer. I guess technically it isn't a rebloom but I count it because I wasn't expecting a bloom in the fall of the year it was planted. And I also found a bud on Blueberry Tart which was also planted this summer. It is rather small so I don't know if it will make it before frost, but it surely is trying to rebloom.
Yea! Rebloom has been rare for me. I am so excited. Don't know how to explain it.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
South Hamilton, MA

DD in Ohio (zone 5) has had rebloom in Sept. & again this month on IB 'Champagne Encore'--not the best of form but this is the 2nd yr that it has fall bloom in her small 'cottage garden'.

Santa Ynez, CA

my pinkness and juicy fruit and mariposa skies have been bloom off and on all year, more coming, also Mil Byers has several stalks coming:)here is pinkness

Thumbnail by makj
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ah, that pinkness is lovely. Wonder if it would rebloom here.

Santa Ynez, CA

it sure blooms well for me, the whole row of them have been working overtime:)

Port Washington, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm so happy to see my very first reblooming Iris in all its splendor. Here's 'Bountiful Harvest'.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2008 6:13 PM

Thumbnail by DyanesGarden

In a happy accident, it matches this Aster that is in full bloom.

Thumbnail by DyanesGarden
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is Sugar Blues which rebloomed for me today.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

DyanesGarden your Bountiful Harvest is a knockout! Especially with a matching aster. It is really a thrill when something reblooms -- at least for me. Your flower looks great against you luscious green lawn, as well.

Thank you, pajaritomt. Ahhh...the green lawn is beginning to be covered in fallen leaves! Fall is here. It's so nice to see some flowers putting on a second show. Right now I have quite a few rebloomers-Hollyhock, Black Eyed Susan, Gladiolus, Foxglove, and Delphinium.
pajaritomt, your Sugar Blues is a very pretty shade of blue. I've planted 31 Irises this summer, wish I'd planted more rebloomers. Guess I'll have to make more beds!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Our gardens in Iowa were over 2 weeks late on everything this summer after a heavy winter & very wet spring. I need an early spring to get rebloom by October--if I am lucky here bordering zone 4.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Rebloom is not the order of the day here either, Wanda. And our spring was late as well. We had far fewer blooms at our annual show in May than we usually do. I don't know what to credit my success to -- but I am not complaining. All I can think of is compost and regular water from my irrigation system.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh, Spring was 17 days late (per farm scientists), but it was BEAUTIFUL. I guess the iris had to prove something after their dismal showing in 2007. The local paper featured my iris gardens. I had over 400 people tour my gardens May 30 & June 2.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I can imagine that your gardens were the talk of the area. How nice to be able to open them up to the public like that. People often don't realize what a splash iris make in the spring -- and sometimes in the fall.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Wandasfloweres. Your photo of the yard is stunning. Any more photos of the beds.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Wanda, your beautiful photos are ALWAYS an inspiration -- a rainbow of iris!

Santa Ynez, CA

Wanda, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Immortality still blooming even after several hard frosts.

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

A noid dwarf which I believe may be "Smell the Roses", it does smell like roses.

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

DaLoveRAT. i ORDERED iMMORTALITY TWICE FROM DIFFERENT mAIL oRDER AND GOT SOMETHING LESE BOTH TIMES. I no longer buy from just anywhere. We have such harsh weather'I wanted something hardy. The other NOID both died. I will try another reputable place this spring. Great Photo of yours. Shows the detail.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Try Superstition. They sell great iris and I bet they have Immortality. I have it and it has bloomed for me -- got it from local Iris Society Sale-- but it has never rebloomed. Zurich has a bud on it right now, but it looks as if we will have a freeze on Monday and it probably won't bloom because of that, but I have my fingers crossed.

South Hamilton, MA

I recommend Superstition Gardens for any type plant.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 6b)

This one was bloomed today. I think it is called "Blatant"

This message was edited Oct 11, 2008 3:59 PM

This message was edited Oct 11, 2008 4:02 PM

Thumbnail by chicochi3
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

You may want to try 'Lo Ho Silver', an intermediate white instead of 'Immortality'
if your temperatures are not just right. I have two that have been bloming like
crazy. Being an intermediate, they are also first to bloom in the spring ahead
of the tall bearded.

I have three more irises trying to bloom but it will take about a week of warm
weather to open fully. I won't know the colors until they bloom. All will be
among the 'giveaways' next summer.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Thanks Old Garden Rose. Just made a trade of one of mine for Immortality in the spring. I am excited after my 2 failures to get it. I have LoHo Silver on my list already so maybe I'll get that in the spring. Does it have a lot of bloom?

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

For the rebloom, they have a side branch with one or two blooms plus two to
four blooms on the main stalk. They are shorter than the tb's and would look
nice in front of some high contrast colors.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
South Hamilton, MA

Immortality can be slow to get started its first yr in a new garden. Be patient it is worth the wait.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

That is great news. I have no white/white. Thanks again.

Santa Ynez, CA

chi- I don't think that is Blatant, I will send a picture of my Blatant.
Can't say enough great stuff about Superstition, always get AWESOME iris from them.
rebloomnut- two more awesome whites are Alabaster unicorn and Mesmerizer, will send pic's along.

Santa Ynez, CA

here are a few pic's this is Blatant

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

mesmerizer

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

here is Alabaster unicorn

Thumbnail by makj
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love Mesmerizer, makj. I don't have it, but I guess I will have to get it. Once someone told me it didn't increase much at all so I never got it. Now I hear that isn't true.

Santa Ynez, CA

it has done well for me, even if it takes a year or two, it is worth it, it is gorgeous!!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I wonder how hardy it is in the North. It is beautiful.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

my rebloomer are in full bloom ottawa canada zone 5 U.S. zone 4 they do very well here
I also saw something strange in my garden today one of my clematis has two blooms on it never seen that before they usually stop early september

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I bet is beautiful! Quite a feat for zone 4. You must use great compost!

South Hamilton, MA

Autumn weather different every yr. Be sure & take pictures so you can see it all again.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have never had a year like this one for rebloom. I have photographed every rebloom.

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

SDB RUBY ERUPTION

Thumbnail by 1913cat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.