Puny rhizomes

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The hedge trimmer I have is a Black and Decker. If you could get an electrical cord out to where you're working, it would be an even lighter one. The battery weighs about 3 lbs.

South Hamilton, MA

Knife shown is very close to mine. We don't have a sheath, but then no children around to get hurt. Garden too far away for a cord. I'll keep my eye out for one--would be useful for all our shrubs, now use 'loppers'. The garden is set in old overgrown pasture land which was under a conservation restriction on building for over 30 yrs when we bought it in 1972. Wonderful for an ecologist like DH, he has more fun in the woods as I have trouble walking over rough ground because of arthritic ankles. I do like it however.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Your property sounds lovely. Maybe you could post pictures of it sometime. I would love to see them.

Here's the trimmer I have. It weighs about 6 pounds.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=6458

South Hamilton, MA

I copied the model number, but it looks too big for me to handle, will show DH, I've only had this computer for a bit over a yr.--most of the pictures in it are grandchildren.the back 2 acres here are N. england woods. When our daughters had the ponies, those managed to chomp on many shrubs, now that the ponies are gone, moved the iris beds into that area so they would have enough sun. Most of the iris plants are medians & seedlings from our various projects. DH says that we should cut back & after trying to keep ahead of the weeds (we didn't) with all our rain I reluctantly agree with him. I did count about 7 or 8 SDB sized spaces while weeding the other day; don't tell DH.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I promise not to tell DH, LOL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.