Pick your three favorite irises

South Hamilton, MA

We used to get a break on Australia x US dollar & now it is the other way around. Being a median person we have mainly worked with Blyth SDBs--a treasure trove for pink.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I got my catalog Fri. It is wonderful. I can't afford the shipping and would like only a few. If anyone is getting a larger order maybe I could buy from you and pay my portion of shipping to you,. Just a thought from a desperate girl. There is no one in my area to pool with.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Actually, rebloomnut, that is a very good idea. That would help both people. I don't know if I will be ordering this year or not, but maybe we should try to organize something in January.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Daughter Of Stars

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Drama Queen

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Lakeside Elf

Thumbnail by avmoran
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Love Drama Queen.
Pajaritomt. If you decide to order lets get all the names together. Had a D mail from another person that wants to also.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will let you know if I do.

Anita, I love your three favorite irises and I have all three but none of them have bloomed yet. Drama Queen and Lakeside Elf were just planted this year and may or may not bloom in the spring. Daughter of Stars went in Summer 07 and didn't bloom Summer 08 so I have hopes that it will bloom in 09. Actually I have hopes that all 3 will.

Cherryvale, KS

I have Daughter of Stars and Drama Queen. Neither one of these are Blyth intros and would be cheaper in the USA!! I loved his catalog and it makes it easier to order alot of his earlier introductions from Keppel! This is one catalog I am more than happy to pay for. Maybe this winter I'll get time to put all of my iris on line! I know I could trade these two! I also have Dark Drama and added this year More Drama!!LOL

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

On advice from another DG'er I will try to get a Keppel catalog and order from him rather than Australia.
It is more than I can afford to go through the Hoops and you are all probably thinking that too. Anyone have a Keppel Catalog. I'll Email toay to get one.

South Hamilton, MA

New Keppel catalog usually comes out near the end of Jan. Remember that the seasons are reversed in australia.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Oh Time Zones??. Thanks IrismA

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Not time zones, season zones. The Southern hemisphere has its seasons exactly opposite of the northern of those in the Northern hemisphere. Right now it is spring in Australia and in South America.

Santa Ynez, CA

Keith would be more than happy to send out a catalog, also if you don't see what you are looking for in the catalog
just ask and if he has it he will let you know:)
I feel the same about the $$$$$ however, I like to give credit where credit is due and the man has really given us a lot of BEAUTY and fun. I am however going to limit myself hard as that will be:) to a few intro's then order more
from Keppel and Ghio

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I would be interested if this turns into a mini Aussie "co-op"--probably only would get three or four depending on what I want and the price. It would be a neat followup co-op for divisions in a couple of years too. Just rambling...probably some reason it wouldn't be feasible:lol:

Santa Ynez, CA

Oh I don't know, if people really looked at what they want and put a list together, figured out it might work out shipping etc... something to think about

South Hamilton, MA

Our MA group always splits the shipping among us.

Santa Ynez, CA

then do you ship out from there, it goes to one person and then they ship the iris out to who ever ordered it?
what about those bonus babies?

Lebanon, OR

I have ordered every year from BB for years now. Many of use go together in the order, some local and some must ship away.

The thing to remember is that you must share in the shipping from Australia to here then from here to your place. Usually later is not that big.

If interested, let me know please.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Will do. Many of us are likely to be interested.

Santa Ynez, CA

thanks for the info, will think about it some more.

Santa Ynez, CA

Dee, what is the shipping like? how much $$$$$ about?????

Lebanon, OR

The shipping is not cheap about $5.00 USA dollars per rhizome...will have to see the exchange rate, as I will receive in Feb, pot and put in greenhouse for 4-6 weeks then put in the garden.

But sometimes (like every year) can not another year to get the pollen to work with so pay the $$ but when alot of people goes in together does not seem to be as expensive for some reason.

No card or money asked for until after I receive my CC sometime in March as would not want to overcharge anyone.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sounds good! I would be interested in such an coop.

Lebanon, OR

Will not be a co op

How Barry does the bonus I tell him how many are in it...how much each spent and first name, he then sends a list or marks the iris with who gets which ones.

I think that is very nice and fair of Barry

Santa Ynez, CA

Yes, that is VERY nice, that probably takes up some time he really does not have, thanks will keep thinking about it

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am very pleased with the way he does bonuses. That way there won't be any squabbling or hard feelings toward the poor soul who organizes the whole thing.
Betty

Santa Ynez, CA

true that, when you pay that kind of money, you really want those extra's as how exciting to see what you get!!!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

That is so nice of him to do it that way so everyone gets somethin extra. I will see what I can't get from Keppel and get back to you.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'd be interested--not a huge spender but I think I got the newby 1st/2nd year buying spree thing out of my system and would like to put more thought into my choices. I don't have the space for everything I want so I really want to love everything I add from now on:lol: It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the Blyth iris so I know I will love what I get from there:lol:

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.