Here we go hotties!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/906662/

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 9:32 AM

Thumbnail by darkmoondreamer
(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Audrey here is the link on bubble wrapping brugs......Very interesting

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/907189/

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I love the butterfly bushes ladys! Ive tried to grow several of them but sadly they don't much like me...
Caren

Caren I loved your photo explaining the "Y" ing....Thanks for marking them and posting it ♥

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Your very welcome. Im sure there is a better way to explain it but I prefer to make it simple LOL!!
Caren
Here is an old thread that shows a Brug in a frost free zone. It has been made in to a tree but went wild up top.
Oh to live in a frost free zone!!!!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/441627/

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 11:41 AM

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Hello AuntB how was the RU?

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen.. ty for the bubble wrap article.. I looked all over for it last night..lol I am wondering like Caren said on that thread, if I also wouldn't get rot for doing that.. but does seem like it would be a great idea for others..

Caren.. I also have a lil trouble with BF bushes. Just got them this spring, so i'll see how they overwinter.. BUT I also like the easy..LOL.. no "hand holding" for me either..LOL

James..Handsome Hottie... hows it going on the move??

Yeah.. we want... AuntB.. AuntB...AuntB!!!! Rah..rah..rah..!!..lol

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Well Beck I am in the middle of packing and I am waiting for friday to get here............lol that is when I can move into my new place.........I can not wait.

James

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Okay, I'm back... coffee time is over and I'm awake.. James, and all you hotties, the RU was everything I looked forward too, AND so much more! I was very good about not bringing home more than I can handle.. (I think, course, I haven't attempted to care for it all yet, except for making sure it's sustained until I get rested) I've got a great big blooming hibiscus from Louise that I will get a pic of and post it is SO pretty, hoya, coneflowers, oleander seed, Missouri iris seed, cactus, geraniums, begonia, fertilizers, wonderful fun doorprizes and the best was the fellowship... great midwest DG'ers to visit and trade and have fun. And Louise and I represented the hotties, well! It was like we knew each other for years, and we got real hugs, too! You saw my ol mug over there on #20, but here's one Melissa took of the 2 hottie rep's at the RU... best one she got (kinda blurry, but the Ford trk came out crisp and clear) but that's okay cause I'll treasure it and the memory's forever.

Thumbnail by AuntB
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Good for you AuntB glad you enjoyed yourself...............James

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Karen YES Thanks for posting about the bubble rap... EVEN with temps in the teens AND snow - ya'll know I'm in zone denial, and will to try anything to make my beloved brugs more user friendly to me... So next spring some of my lovelies are going in the ground and getting bubble wrapped in fall... That gives me a WHOLE year to collect bubble wrap... If I find a free to cheap source, I'll sure post it for all us zone pushers......I will get over to that thread to express my gratitude, but I don't think it will be today... just came in from watering my weepy brugs cause of my neglect... Let me go to the front porch to snap some pics of the bounty! :) Caren, thanks for posting pics and links of those Y's (#20) and the frost free zone brugs... wow! Hi Becky ;)

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Clemen, we hotties just HAVE to make an RU happen for us.. (replying to your comment on #20)... It was so special and I wish the same for all you hotties, that we CAN and WILL try to make this happen for our growing group..... We need to find a Hottie sponsor or 2 or something.... but I know you hotties can be as determined as me about things, so we just have to keep working for the common goal -A way for any and all hotties to gather together in person... at one centralized location... It will take a big group effort but I am determined to make some of my dreams a reality... anybody got any ideas???

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Here is some more of the bounty, I'm not sure who made this cute floral arrangement, Elle or Pepper's grandma, I think....but when Louise and I saw it, we knew it was coming home with one of us... does this remind anyone of a very important little DS we all know and love?

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sure wish I could have gotten on the thread today when everyone was available, but at least now, I'm caught up for a bit. More bounty and the lovely hibiscus Lav gave me... I liked the stepping stone so well, I picked it twice!

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

one more of the plants and then I need to get out there and oogle over the inventory! Louise- ty again, what fun! James, congrats again on your new place..d-mail me, when you're ready Maya... Do you have any of the smaller growing/blooming brugs?

Thumbnail by AuntB
Minneapolis, MN

It looks like Clem's puppy!

Minneapolis, MN

I am all for a gathering, AuntB. Then I can meet with that rascally Becky who keeps whipping me with wet noodles. And Clem too! LOL

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Excuse me Sandra you said puppy?? You very well know like Bonnie I do not have a pet, but a well behaved four legged son! lol.

That is such a cute pic up there of Bonnie and Louise, way to go hotties.

Ok need to get back to DD working on her college things, will be back

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Ok will do AuntB and no I do not have any of the smaller brugs I wish I did................lol

James

Bonnie.. quite a haul girl.. especially that hibiscus.. just gorgeous, and look at all the blooms!! Bet it's a tropical.. dad gum it.. itf it were hardy I'd be hitting you up for a cutting..lol... greta pics... you andLouise even look like you were having a ball!!! hey that pic if the way to go.. doesn't show the wrinkles as bad...LOL NOT that ya'll have any.. you lucky dogs!!..LOL

yep.. we kinda talked about all us Hotties and Handsomes getting together.. wouldn't that be great!!! Count me in.. I don't care where we meet, and how many pennies I have to save..lol I will be there!!

Clemie... HUSH!! Don't EVEN get Sandy started again.. I just don't have the energy to go around finding her and giving her whippings all day!!...hehe... does look like our lil copo.. cept copo is way cuter!!

Once again we didn't go to church.. we are getting sooo bad... but the dish network guy was supposed to come out.. on a Sunday.. but with Ike.. they are swamped I guess. Anyway.. he didn't come so Lyle was HOT.. He called .. they apologized.. gave us a month free, and is knocking $10 of each months bill for a year!! That aint to bad for a lil inconvenience on our part..LOL

Sandy... yeah.. I want to meet you and Amiyah.. too.. heifer girl... OOPPPPSSS!!! I did NOT make myself say that...LOLOLOL

Minneapolis, MN

Sorry about the reference regarding Copo. I stand duly wet noodle whipped and will never refer to him as a puppy again. ooops!

I have been making salsa and doing something else that makes the house sparkle.

p.s. Did you notice I didn't mention House Work? LOL

Becky of COURSE Lyle was hot...the COWBOYS play today! Gotta have that tv on Sunday afternoon. LOL! Bonnie and Louise, such sweet and pretty hotties. Glad you had a safe and wonderful trip and got lots of great booty too!

Clemen...ughhh...college apps...so glad I am past that stuff. That flower does look like your son.

I just woke up from a nap and need to dig around for what's for supper.....I'll check in on you hotties later ☺

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

EXCUSE ME, MS, SAndra, hee hee, you better not start that again!

Hey Beck I only go to church once a year, don't feel so bad!

KAREN, you are causing trouble like Sandy, grrrrrrrrrr

Hi James

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi Clem and everyone else..........LOL I am here packing god I have collected alot since i moved to florida last year.

James

Who me? Start trouble Clem? LOL! All I said was the flowers look like your son...haha!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Copo is a bouquet!!!

yep... James.. that is the hard part... packing it all up, and wondering... when the heck did I buy that??..lol... Unpacking will be easier.. and way more fun for you!! You will be HOME!!

now now.. Clemie.. I didn't see a thing you should be getting on to Karen for.. AND for ONCE Sandi actually was acting well behaved.. till you got her started... hmmm how many wet noodles needs to be reserved for you.. "her sweetness"..lol

OHH I see it now..lol NOOO copo is the last BORN of Clemie... now please don't get Clemie started.. she'll spew out some Spanish I can't understand.. and i won't know if she needs a whipping or a hug!!..lol

Kim... be careful... BE VERY CAREFUL...LOLOLOL

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sandy, you are the winner! yay! It just made me feel like a little part of Clem and her family were at the RU.. It's been a lazy day for me, no spit shining ;) here today...just couldn't nap like Karen, but I made sure the plants were content and I've been lounging around all day.. Mel and I feel like we had a weeks vacation in 1 day as we visited with my 2 other children on our way home.. DD Barb's 28th b-day, we surprised her, and she got a nice necklace from Tiffany's from her BF (I think we hotties refer to David as "Elvis") We have a few pieces of chicken marinating in a jerk sauce for the meal tonight.. Sure hope my energy returns soon. Sandy, I take a joint builder vitamin and do the pectin/juice daily to help my knees but I'm not on my feet like you are cause I'm chained to that desk 8 or 9 hours a day 5-days a week... I try to remember to get up an stretch and move around at least every hour, but that doesn't always happen. :) Kim would that be a Copoquet? (Now Clemen, I'm just teasing Kim, please do not take offense or feel you need to defend your precious boy, cause it's all in fun and you know I'm a Copo admirer)

Thumbnail by AuntB

sorry the "moderator" just had to ROTFLOL.....

Mmmmm Copoquet..If I ever grow out a lovely brug that will be it's name : ) Thanks AuntB!!!!

Anybody join in the last 6 months?? Some is giving cuttings to new members!! hurry!!

Minneapolis, MN

I joined in May but didn't find out about the Forums until I actually read one of the weekly e-mails from Dave's garden on Labor Day. (hanging head)

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Seen that Cat's out there being the "ENABLER" now...
She just wants to lure some new hotties in....LOL

Now girls none of the guys are misbehaving...maybe they don't know what that taboo word even means..LOL
You do need to behave yourselves cause Beck is gonna run out of wet noodles...
And you don't know what she'll come up with next to whip us oh I mean You's with ...TEEHEEHEE

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I was going to say it's our own Hottie, Cat offering up those cuttings! :) Sandy, you hold that head up, hottie... ol Aunt B has not forgotten you! I'm just not quite ready to start trimming yet... had I known you were a brugless Hottie (which is almost unheard of) I'd have shared with you long before now.

Minneapolis, MN

Thanks AuntB and thanks for naming me the Winner! LOL

So Sandy did you sign up for the cuttings from Cat??

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

So glad you's had a good time at the RU.....

And Sandy I hope things work out for you and your daughter...
Especially for your granddaughters sake..
I know you love them both very much...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Dbl cuttings then Sandy, IF you watch how you word all that shining and sweeping a little differently ;) I think Cat had a 6-mo rule or something, not quite sure, but I bet if you remind her you're a Hottie, Sandy, she might bend her rule a little, SPECIALLY if she know's you're a brugless hottie..

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Phyllis, I've suggest a brug limb switch to get the rule breakers' attention... (can be used for cuttings once their work is complete)

somebodies gonna get it :o} tee hee hee.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.