Use yet unknown

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

The white containers are a big pipe hub's cut into three sections for me.I've got them sitting on weedblock w/ grass trimmings over the WB. At the moment,I'm putting in composting materials so I can use them as mini lasuange(can't spell "kat")gardens next year. Not sure what I'll plant in them. Tomatoes in them or the ground between them w/ herbs,peppers and/or compaion flowers in them. I'll use the fence behind them to support the tomatoes.

What would you put in them?

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

new garden spot behind the greenhose is showing more signs of green life

Thumbnail by bigred
Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

Potatoes

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Tried potatoes this passed spring season.Did get much to show for it.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

tomatoes, tomatoes, and more tomatoes

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would put fall carrots in one of them--I hate trying to get all those carrots out of an area.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I've already have carrots planted in 3 places. My eyesight's going to improve ...LOL

For next year,I think I've settled on tomatoes in the ground in between w/ peppers,herbs and flowers in the containers and in the ground around the tomato plants.

Wonder if I'd have time to grow a crop of pok choy and choy sum in the containers? Maybe the darn slugs and snails wouldn't find them before I got some.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

thats a good idea--i love those dwarf toi choi's in salads and they are very quick, kholrabi too

I have not the faith you have in MY eyes improving--lol--I'm up to about the strongest reading glasses and its so bad I can't walk if I stand up in them

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I wear glasses too.Usually just for reading but I bought bi-focals so I come wear them and walk at the same time but I have to lean my head back to look at the computer.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I think the peppers, herbs, and flowers combination will be pretty in that area.

asparagus
Low growing blueberries (I'm putting mine in reclaimed tire planters)
multiplying onions
garlic in fall winter/tumbling tom tomatoes in the summer

Iove these!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I need asparagus but that area would be too small....love asparagus...need a BIG patch.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

How about sweet potatoes?

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Color--falling flowers: pink wave petunias
A veggie---eggplant or pepper
If you want a crazy grass accent somewhere--i would choose Chives so you can get some eating use out of it.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

as luck would have it....I have chives and garlic chives

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.