sebaceous cyst

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I've had one of these cyst on my neck for over a year. Not exactly what one would like peeking out of your collar. My Dr. wanted to remove it but since it's never been more than unsightly,I opted out. About 5-6 weeks ago it became infected.

My friend recommended Ichthammol ointment 20% which I used for almost 2 weeks with nothing much happening.It's been over a week since I quit using the oinment and it has gone down somewhat but still painful like a fresh burn,pulls,stings and makes sleeping on my back uncomfortable .Another friend recommende putting a coke bottle in boiling water,getting it hot as could be stood,placing it over the cyst which is suppose to pop it right out but I'm not in the mood to torture myself.

I've read,even having it surgicaly removed,not all the sac/cyst is able to be removed leaving the possiblity reoccurrance.

Any suggestions? Did I not give the ointment a fair chance?

This thread has 48 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!