Eggsplorer II: Mission SMORE

Clarksburg, MO

Sergeant Williams profusely appologizing to the Commander for not acknowledging the pip of one life form. Congratulations and my humblest apologies.

Williams .........Over

Clarkson, KY

Ma'am, YES, MA'AM.

(to self,mumble mumble......don't think I'm cut out for military life but the missions are so cool....)

Foley, MO

"This is ground control to Major Tom"..... So sorry, I couldn't resist!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL....we're doing chickens, not turkeys! LOLOL....

Private Grownut: Neither am I. But these are chicken shuttle missions, which is entirely different. We are very cut out for these.... :-)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Really, somebody else needs to do a hatch and give Commander Moxon a break at being Commander, and then she can be in ground control.

Who's gonna fly Eggsplorer III?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

just put 4 of my own eggs in bator. i'm no good at commanding

Foley, MO

I will never ever hatch. My obsession's bad enough without adding eggs to the mix! The major Tom thing is from that Styx song, Oh nevermind, now I'm a super dork lol : )

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

No, I know the song, I just thought it was funny because it's Major Tom, and that's a male turkey - a tom. Oh dear, my joke got lost...

Commander Moxon leaving for class now. Contracts. Boring. Yawwwwn.

Foley, MO

Lol, it was "lost in transmission", lol! ; ) My dorkiness knows no bounds!

Clarkson, KY

Shoot, I was singing! My Hatch due in 1 week. Gift from CF. Unknown Derivation. Sorta.

Clarksburg, MO

I am hatching today and will reset on Friday.

Sheila

Clarkson, KY

Hey, that's right I keep getting confused with all the shuttle talk going on -6 pips?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

hey anyone about to set eggs, wait till sAturday for best hatch..

congrats, over. out.

Lodi, United States

Base equipment down-- broadcasting from off base site.

Major Tom reference attempted in earlier mission to no effect. ie "Taking protein pill and putting helmet on".

Confusion registered: "Major Tom" thought to be brain child of D. Bowie--advise.

Bunny whunnies have been the downfall of many otherwise well coordinated missions. Cuteness factor detrimental to regiment discipline.

Planning Northern Pacific launch in 4 days.

Over.

Clarkson, KY

This many launches in hurricane season bodes ill for our collective self control...

Confirmed Bowie Origins as Follows:
David Bowie - Space Oddity
============================

Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may God’s love be with you

Spoken:
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Lift-off

This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You’ve really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it’s time to leave the capsule if you dare

“This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I’m stepping through the door
And I’m floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do

Though I’m past one hundred thousand miles
I’m feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much (she knows!)
Your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear....

“ am I floating round my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do.?

Lodi, United States

Sort of sums up the helpless feeling of full blown chicken addiction. Family gradually vanishing into the distance. Obsessive inward turning toward hatching egg care.

"And there's nothing I can do."

Clarkson, KY

heeeear....."am I floating round my henhouse..."

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am floating round a classroom. Wondering about my pipped Millie. I might call her Vanilla. or maybe it's a he.

Commander Moxon acknowledges cuteness factor of bunny whunnie but feels cuteness factor is reflective of mission objective.

Private Grownut gets to be Commander Grownut in a week. Woo hoo!

I don't get home until 8:30. It's makin' me CRAZY!

Lodi, United States

You think that is bad. NPGC's work computer is down and they can't stretch out their lunch hour (errr "hours") any longer.

Aknowledging promotion in rank. Will use it to seize control of next mission---um did I say that out loud?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well it had better be your own hatching mission....not someone else's. You can't usurp commandership on someone else's hatch. That would result in a demotion, surely!

Lodi, United States

No, YOUR demoted! (Power going to my brain.)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Major Catscan. Learn how to spell. You're demoted. :-P

Remedial spelling classes required. Immediately.

Clarkson, KY

As long as it's not my demoted. I got strung up, drawn and quartered for that one when I was in Japan. Only one in the room who got it wrong, only native speaker.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think Major Catscan is relieved of duty until she gets off her power trip.

Lodi, United States

I didn't mispell--I misworded. Quite a different thing. Get your terminology straight, Commander, before you criticize your worthy colleagues.

"Prolix! Prolix! Nothing that a pair of scissors can't fix!"

Anyone recognize that?

Having a little power surge here........Calling technical support now.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think your argument of mis-wording is weak, Major. One of skill in the art of language would be unable to ascertain whether you had indeed misspelled or misworded. Accordingly, the burden of proof is upon you to show that you misworded, rather than misspelled, and you have not yet met the burden. Keep trying though. ;-)

Lodi, United States

I meant "Your demotion!". "Demotion" being the error and clearly one of wordage not spelling. And you can't prove I didn't. Reasonable doubt. Case closed.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah, but this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so the reasonable doubt standard doesn't apply. Case reopened!

Commander Moxon reports that Shuttle Crew member 2 has arrived home and checked on pipped egg and there is no further activity to report at this time. Bummer.

Commander Moxon has to tolerate trademarks class in an hour....and it lasts for 2 hours. Talk about torture....

Lodi, United States

Trademark class?--Karma:0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ROTFL....Touche (can't figure out how to put the accent on the e, so that doesn't qualify as misspelling).

Clarkson, KY

Actually Cats {devil's advocate} Your understanding of my point is the result of your having understood it as a spelling error. Touché!

Lodi, United States

In your case, grownut, it was a spelling error. In mine it was miswording due to an inflamed Broca's area which is located very close to the Organ of Hatching Egg Acquisition.

Notice Commander Moxon how even Private Grownut is able to properly place an accent mark.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Apparently Catscan is developing a superiority complex. We need to get this development under control.

Private Grownut - I always make the accent with the control-' and then type the letter. It's not working on this laptop keyboard. How did you do it?

Clarkson, KY

I have a special characters box in my edit column (Mac). Accented Latin, lower case.

Now, Cats, I should have been clearer perhaps, to avoid misconstructions such as yours, but unless you can sustain your Broca's area inflammation for more than an hour and a half, you will continue having these discussions with the Commander.

And of course I just love the language and won't likely shut up!lol

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh yes, I have that on my mac at home, which I love. Not on my school laptop, which is Dell, and which I do not love.

Clarkson, KY

Understandable.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Just as well I don't have a high powered PC at home otherwise I'd always be gaming. Mac has limited games so I have to keep my gaming urges under control. I like dragon/sword/puzzle/strategy games.

Clarkson, KY

I've always had Macs...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ditto. Had my first in the late 80s, never looked back. :-) I love 'em. Great graphics. So user friendly. I've also always had Volkswagens. :-)

I have noticed, over time, a bizarre propensity for vw owners to also be mac owners, but not necessarily mac owners having a propensity to be vw owners. However, they do seem to be more likely to own import vehicles.

Clarkson, KY

Not I. Too many more important things to import.

The Mac people got first dibs on all the logical patents...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.