CLOSED: Welcome to the Swaps!! A running list of upcoming swaps:) #3

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

OK-we had thought as a group that is might be easier to plan and to see what you'd like to be in if we kept a list at the top of this thread of which swaps are coming up and the hosts for any ??...

Birthday Club(georgiagarden3)-ALWAYS OPEN- http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/870204/

October Quilt Block Swap (psychw2)-OPEN-closes 10/1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/899846/

Halloween(jojoringer-Joey)-end of Sept.

Recipe Box Swap(puplbutfly-Cindy)-10/1-10/10-mail by 10/22

Bake Sale Swap(luvs2garden2000-Tia)-10/6-10/16, mail by 10/31

Wreaths, swags & centerpeices(fleusdefouquet-Debra)-1st week of Nov

Fairy Garden Xmas(Fairy1004-Stacey)-xmas theme opetional depending on where you live-right after thanksgiving

Mystery 7 item swap-BJ-Jan.

Where you live swap(planolinda-Linda)-Feb

IF YOU ARE A HOST OR WOULD LIKE TO BE ONE, AND WOULD LIKE YOUR SWAP LISTED HERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BELOW....I HAVE NOT WENT AROUND THE FORUM IN SEARCH OF SWAPS, HAVE ONLY POSTED THE ONES ABOVE AT THE REQUEST OF THE HOSTS THEMSELVES

This message was edited Sep 12, 2008 8:09 PM

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

HERE... HERE...

LOL-yes you are!!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm here too!!!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Wine huh? Good idea ;o) I know that you can send wine through UPS, they just require signiture delivery by someone over the age of 21. That's a good idea...I don't drink, but we do have some good wines here, and cheese too. I should look into one of the wineries and see if the ship direct. Plus all the orange orchards (is that what you call them?) and lots and lots of apples in Julian....a mountain community not too far from me that famous for their Apple pies....hmmmm this could be super fun ;o)

YEAH!! Almost a party!! I am sooo loving this list-then I can plan kinda what I am doing and personalize it when I get my name-and it make it more affordable as I can get things when they are on sale:)

OMG Melissa-if you do go to Napa there was a winery there that had a white champagne vinegar that is to die for-DH loves cooking with it, but we just used the last of our stock:( I loved it there and we had SUCH a great time-there was 1 winery there that was our fave hands down and we went to A LOT of them!!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't think I would actually go to Napa Valley myself...a wee bit north of me..LOL But I definately am going to look into the diff places in the state that may be able to ship for me (I'm sure the wineries can do that) OH or I could get each of the little towns to drop ship something diff for a full blown "picnic" delivered..wine, cheese, pie..yummy yummy, I hope my swap buddy is me!!LOL!!

That is where I spent my first honeymoon. Then went and had a mudbath. My skin was never sooooo soft.

Napa and Sedona are the 2 fave places I have ever been.....ahhh, napa-drank the whole time!!LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm not usually so dense, never saw the quilt block or the halloween one...could you direct me to the link PLEASE/PLEASE...

They are the hyperlinks in the top post dear Betty:)

OK if I continue with you ladies, since I am not?

By all means Jim:)

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Cindy, DH and I honeymooned in Carmel and surrounding area. Started out in San Francisco for a couple of days. Spent some time in San Diego. Visited San Simeon. Loved the Big Sur area. Would like to make it to the wineries another time. Great area!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Jim- Oui.....we like having "our" Frenchman around plus your the "Official" Male Mixed Seed Nut too :o)

Ms Marta & I drove a VW van through the Napa Valley in our misspent youth, mostly in a physical/mental condition that would not be acceptable today while engaging in other disreputable behaviour! A memorable trip!

Wow!! I love being something official!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

ROFLMBO!!!! are you sure you remember the traveling trip or is it the "other" trip you remember!!LOL!!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL!

Youth + VW van + California pretty much = physical/mental condition that would not be acceptable today while engaging in other disreputable behaviour!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Isn't the Mixed Seed Nut thread the one with that funny frog on a motorcycle? I laugh every time I see that. Have no clue what the thread is about - but the photo is cute.

I remember both rather well! Details will NOT be given at 11. In fact, it's nearly 11, so bedtime for Bozo!
Catch you all later!
You might want to check out the Calistoga mud baths! (They might have been more fun before they became mainstream, though!)

I think that may be me: the funny frog on a motorcycle!
'Night all!!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

Yup.... that's us, bunch of crazy mixed up nuts. You should check out some of our trades. I finally moved our regular thread back over here to the swaps forum. We mainly trade seeds.....we send whatever the theme is for the month to the hostess, who then mixes them all up and then redivides them amongst the participants and voila!!! an instant flower bed ;o)

our mascot is anything frog related

Yep those mud baths are NICE I was there in "90". Mineral water in the swimming pool and spa. Like I said my skin had never been softer.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Betty... there is no link yet, since there is no swap yet... There's a list above, Stacey's first post at the top of this page... she lists swaps there, both present and future (yes, fairies can see into the future)... the present ones have links to them... the future ones will have a link attached when the swap opens...

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

When the "where you're from swap" opens... I want Melissa to have my name... a complete picnic basket... WOW...

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I ahve amiled a lot of tequila from Texas to Michigan, and when they ask at the post office, I just say it is fragile. No problems here. Plus I have recieved wine in the mail as well. Our town has a small winery, and it is pretty good stuff. Val Verde winery

Linda Kay

http://www.valverdewinery.com/

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda Kay, my aunt and her friend took a tour of the Texas 'hill country' earlier this summer. Thought they were going to see the lavender but discovered the wineries and found them much more interesting. She insisted we need to go sometime.

Melissa, that frog caught my eye a while back and he just makes my day every time I see him.

No, no BJ! Melissa is going to have me as her swap buddy. (er, as soon as I send Linda that $100 bill)

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Jim, it’s nice to have at least a token male, different perspective and all that.

Debra, mixed seeds nuts http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/898056/ is a chat thread, much like here only more talkative. It’s a great group, has a lot of cross over with the swaps, defiantly worth checking out. Sweet Interruptions http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901349/ is along the same lines and also quite good. You should join us. I read those two and swaps before I look at anything else.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Laura. May have to check it out. The problem is ...... there are so many nice folks here on DG and I enjoy chatting with you all so much that I spend waaaaay too much time on the computer already. Ahhh, that's no excuse. lol! I'm off to find that frog ....

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I is here, been making quilt blocks again. I think I got 6 done today. i had to steal some of moms fabric to do 2 as that is what colors she wanted and I didnt have any. SHHHHHHHHHH dont tell on me. And I am making Kitchen sink stew.

Has there been a picture frame swap before????

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh Jim it will be nice to have you "hang' with us still. I wouldn't say "token" male after that post I'd be inclined to say MALE. Rest well and we will continue our chatter tonight.

"lissa just remember who is your son's adopted Grandmother dear. I think they call them orange groves--atleast in Florida they do! You can send the wine to others but the cheese and pie well it must be Florida bound for sure!!!

Debra, I really like the houseguest. Keep pictures coming so we can watch the development, please.

BJ whatch do today?

Hi Tink!! Linda Kay--hi ;-)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hey marion. How are you doing today? I read you have a wrap on your hand/thumb? Nothing serious I hope?
BJ, you get that ticket paid??? You must not have had your radar detector on?
Later
Linda Kay

Tia, busy, busy, busy. Now if I were your Mom you would be facing serious trouble getting into my quilting fabric. That is almost a federal offense at this house.

An old injury from last year when I got intimately acquainted with a garden hose and fell. Moral of story: don't stand in the middle of a curled hose and pull on it. YOu can fall.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I have a dumb question - what is a quilt block? Several pieces put together? Then those are put together to make the big quilt cover? Quilting fascinates me but I don't know much about it. Like, what the heck is a fat quarter?

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Now Marion, you of all people know she stole mine that you gave me. So turn about is fair game, and she TOLD me I had to have all the fall blocks done when she got back, I needed a color she had it hidden and I needed it. All the blocks are done I just have to get final inspection from her tomorrow and then they go in the mail. Mom sewed all of the september blocks, them kicked me in the booty, I couldnt get em right. Will not do them triangles again.

Debra-a quilt block I think are the squares that make up a quilt and a fat quarter is a bit bigger than a 1/4 of a yard I think....

Tia-I don't know about pic frames-haven't been here long enough to know..

Debra, yes a quilt block is individual pieces put together to form a pattern and can be various sizes. A fat quater is actually 1/4 yard piece of fabric but is cut 18" long by 22" wide or in simple terms a half of a yard piece cut in half down the center.

Did I confuse you more?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.