Horse Missing in the Phoenix Az Area

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

My horse Miss Jest'r was on loan to a family in Kingman Arizona. They took her down to Phoenix Arizona and from what I understand gave her away. Please help me find my horse. If you know of anyone that has gotten a horse in the last few months that resembles her Please contact me. She is a 12 year old Reg APHA who is bay in color with a star on face and 3 stairstep socks. I want her back. I have enclosed a picture taken of us at a parade.
Thank you very Much.
Roseane

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

that is TERRIBLE!!! i hope you get the word out. have you tried craigslists in those areas?

nice photo! do you have one that shows her socks better, that will be eaiser fo ridentifying her...

hoping you get her back soon... have you pressed charges? you should really consider how that may help you find her...

tf

Lodi, United States

That is terrible. I'll keep a look out here--and check with the local craigslists--actually you can check worldwide on craigslist.

Do report it...people used to be hanged for behavior like that.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

How someone can borrow a horse and then giver her away. They should be hung.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i bet they sold it under false pretenses... i put a positng on craiglists and linked it here...

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

There are bulletin boards for lost/stolen horses, also contact place like Dreamhorse.com and other internet horse sales places.

I don't know any orgs in that area. Did you post this in the Equine forum on DG as well?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

no, id nd't see it there, would you? ijust put a link in the coffee thread in the parking lot...

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

I posted it on Equine Forum

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/899228/

Moxee, WA

MissJestr,

If someone did that to me ... I'd call the local police and report it being stolen ... providing the police every bit of the information about my acquaintance that "gave it away" ... do you honestly believe it was gifted? ... then I'd go after them in Small Claims Court. It would be a slam dunk to be fully compensated. Folks WERE hung for behavior just like that ... back in the 1800's .... that's for sure. There's a lot to be said for swift justice ... few people today would even consider stealing horses and cows if they faced the real possibility of being hung for it within an hour of being caught ... food for thought. A lesson in civics and how big government has made living an honest life ... worse.

Kelly in Moxee

If I remember right it is still on the books here in oklahoma as a hanging offense,

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

the last legal hanging in Texas was in Clarendon, i have seen the HUGE tree...

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

I hope you get your horse back...that is such a rotten thing to to do to someone...
I can't imagine losing an animal like that...And she's just beautiful...

Good luck to you...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

MissJestr, there are a few people that have a few questions.. and they do make sense.. so please do not be upset nor offended by them.
Why would/did you loan you horse to begin with, that is a HUGH loan, I personaly would never loan any of my animals for any reason.
I could understand a temp housing situation.. ie, for just the housing, maybe for breeding???
Was your friend under a misunderstanding you "gave" her the horse?
Were you suppose to be supporting the horse with food, hay, grains or cash and did not thus forcing your friend to sell to recoup monies invested?
Have you reported the horse as stolen?
If not, why?
If so, what did the police say, is it a civil matter?

I know these are all personal questions, but I guess when you call out for many folks to help, these are just a few of the questions many want answered before they are willing to stick their necks out.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

good questions, she may not answer right away. if i were her i would be beating all kinds o fdoors, not just DG, to find that horse...

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Me too...
making & hangin posters.. humane societies.. horse rescue groups.. online horse groups.. hmm who else would you contact?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

feed stores... horse auctioneers...

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Roseane,
Sorry to hear about your beloved horse. I can't believe that the family doesn't tell you where she went. Good luck and hope you find her soon and in good health.
Keep us posted.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Hello and thank you for your thoughts.
Frans its ok thats people ask me how this happened, I dont mind saying.
There was this lady that had foster children and wanted horses to ride. I have 3 other horses in various states of training, 2 are rescued and one is a 2 1/2 year old gelding, Jest'rs son, that I was working at the time. So I made a agreement with this person that she could use Jest'r for her foster child. I was driving by to check on her and one day I noticed her not there. I found out she had gone down to phoenix to the lady's son in law's house for what was said training to carry flags. Ok being the trusting soul I was figured she would be back in a month or so. The other day I went over to find out where she was and the lady told me they just gave her away. I asked how she could do that and she said she did not want her anymore. I asked why she did not call me since I am still the registered owner and she just shrugged. I asked if she sold her or gave her away and she said they just gave her away. I find that hard to believe.
We had a gentlemans agreement that the horse would come back to me when the foster child was done. Here where I live in Arizona , it is not uncommon to loan a horse to a child that does not have one to ride in the parades, and to do so on a handshake or what is refered to as a gentlemans agreement.
I have witnesses to that statement, and am in the process of contacting an equine laywer to assist with the court case. There is no amount of money I can place on my love for that horse, but because she comes from good breeding stock, I can sue for the fair market value of that bloodline.
I have given her 5 days to come up with a name of the person she "gave" her to before I press charges against her and her family member that resides in Phoenix.
I have also learned my lesson and will NEVER loan out another horse for any reason. If a person wants to ride a horse, they will have to come to my ranch.
She was the love of my life, the reason I got a divorce, (I was with my horse more than I was with my X) my graduation gift to myself when my youngest daughter graduated from high school, and I figured I was making a little girls dream come true by riding a horse, never in my dreams did I imagine it would crush my heart.

I have notices up on dreamhorse, putting one up tonight on craigs list and tomorrow at netposse.com. I am not a member of daves until tomorrow where I will join and have access to the equine threads. I have contacted various freinds that live down there, they are going to different stables and vets and posting flyers.
If it is gods will she comes home to me, then she will....
Thank you to all and if I have not answered your question or would like more information, just ask. Sorry if I rambled on...

Roseane aka Miss Jest'r (Had this name on the internet since I owned her back in 2003 and will keep it forever)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

more pictures of Jest'r

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I prasy you get your horse back MissJestr. Hanging is still the sentence on the books here in Alberta. This is ranch country and we treat offenses against horses very seriously.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

permission to cross post to rescues in AZ?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

here is a side view of her and my boy Billy.

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Yes any way I can get the word out would be much apprecated. I know I am looking for a needle in a haystack, but it is a chance I will take...

Thank you.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I would press criminal charges against this woman for theft. She gave away what wasn't hers to do so with. That's theft. Talk to the police about this fast!! I suspect the horse was sold and not given away. When you borrow something and no longer want to use it you normally call the owner to arrange for it to be returned. Something stinks here.

MollyD

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you for the answers Miss Jestr, I hope you understand the questions. We will most definitly keep passing the word.

I for one appreciate your honesty.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Dmcdevitt posted a link from here on the Equine Forum. I moved from the Phoenix area about 2 years ago and still know some horse folks there - I'll send them a copy of your story and her picture.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I wish to thank everyone here on DG that has passed the word on. I am in tears to know there are people out there that are willing to help me find my girl. You will never know how much this means to me. I remember starting here on DG cause I got 2 chickens and did not know nothing about them, Everyone on here has answered my chicken questions and have given me helpful information. When Jest'r came up missing, I turned to my internet friends here who have become like an extended family to me. I laugh with you all when you get new chickens, or the chicken fairy visits, giving you more chicken that you thought you would have. I cry with you when the chickens meet untimely passing by dogs or coyotes or other causes. I whop for joy when your first egg comes (WHICH I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY YOUNG GIRLS TO DO, and I am sure I will do the egg dance). I read with intrest about the fair that chickens are in, and other various chicken threads...

I thank you all, for the support and if I could shake each and everyone's hand I would... (What a road trip that would be)
I hope I have given enough information to you all and will keep you posted...

Thanks
Roseane AKA Miss Jest'r

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

MissJestr DG is a family. It's not a group, it's not a chat line, it's a family. Because of my geographical location I can do squat to help other than to send prayers but whooooo hooooo the DG family members who can are already all over this. This is what makes DG unique and special. We are family and we all care about each and every member no matter where they are. Welcome MissJestr and I pray that DG help and caring will find Miss Jest'r.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

I've sent this thread to my son who lives in Phoenix, and have asked him and his wife to send it to everyone they know there. And have them send it to everyone they know... Just on the off chance someone somewhere knows something.

I hope you get your horse back soon!!

This is exactly why I LOVE Daves Garden. We are family. We will do everything possible to help a family member.

I hope you can find her hun.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Roseane I don't understand how she can get away with not saying where the horse is. What did she say to the police when they questioned her? You did file a police report didn't you? This is stolen property. Like lending a car to someone and they give it away instead of returning it.

MollyD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yeah, i hope the police are cooperating with the lawyer. the lady can't just shrug you off like that, unless there are no laws to protect you. we are still hoping for the best outcome for you ASAP

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Quoting:
I have given her 5 days to come up with a name of the person she "gave" her to before I press charges against her and her family member that resides in Phoenix.

I think that means she will file charges next Thursday.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

It just sickens me when a kind giving person is taken so badly. I recently had a 3rd situation where I reached out to help someone, and again, it ended up a disaster. The part that hurts me so bad is that I swore I would never ever reach out to help another woman in need..
MissJestr I pray you get your baby back.. I feel helpless here in CA.. but I'm with everyone here in that I am available to do what I can.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I would call the Humane Society investigators 602-997-7585 ext 2073

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

You really should notify the sheriffs in every jurisdiction between you and there. They take livestock matters seriously (as they should). I have to wonder if something other than what the lady said happened to the horse.

If you need some help hog-tying her, I'll bring rope.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I'll boil water....

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I called the sherriff today, I talked to her on Tuesday but since she has made no attempt to contact me I could not wait any longer. The officer was nice, and not being a horse person I had to give him alot of detail. He did call my witness and discuss it with him, I think he is going to go to her house to talk to her and maybe get some more information before he contacts me back with my options.
I have to wait until he calls back to see what my next step is.

Not to make a funny here, but I could say I counted the days on My chickens feet and ran out of toes so I figured the days were up and it was time to call the posse in.
Cupcake, I called the Humane number you left, and got no one on that extention. So I called back and am in the que for the lost pet.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Cupcake,
I call the number and they dont deal with horses, but she gave me a number that does. I called the number she gave me I am waiting on a call back.

Also she told me to go to Pets911.com and post an ad there. I have done that as well.
Thanks
Roseane

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

keep me posted. I have my feelers out as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.