Hurricane Hanna

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy...

So far, so good here. Rains have been gentle (got my broccoli/cabbage/collard plants in, too!!) and the winds, for now, are refreshing. I hear tell the major winds/rains move in after midnight, wouldn't ya know it!? Guess I'll be doing night duty!

Ric, they moved the fighter planes today from the bases. Moved them all up your way (can't remember what base is in Ohio right now).

I picked for mkt tomorrow and have a counter full of eggplant, peppers, squash, tomatoes and a fridge with okra, beans, butterpeas, and eggs. If we get a deluge of rain and no power at least folks can cook most of those items on their grills, eh?

Best to All!
Shoe

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That would explain all the activity up here today.
Thanks!
Probably going to Wright Patterson AFB.

Well I'd grill everything but the Okra... that I would use for the fuel.... lol!

Ric

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hah! Actually I've thrown some okra on the grill! Baste it with some olive oil and garlic and you'd like it! :>)

Yes, Wright AF Base sounds like what they mentioned on the news.

Very calm here now. Light rains, very little wind. Looks like the storm makes landfall around 2:am so I don't imagine too much excitement till the early morning hours (probably about the time I wanna get some rest!!).

Think I'll take some butterpeas up to the house and shell them while I watch a movie (with one eye on the news and one ear on the weather radio).

Be back at 5:30!! (Power permitting!)

Shoe

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

My prayers are with you guys in NC
I spent a couple of weeks at Topsail Beach a couple of years ago and fell in love with NC. Topsail was the most family oriented beach i've ever been too.

Stay Safe,
Vickie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Darius are you getting any of this?

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Nope. Although it it temporarily overcast and cool... barely 70º at 10:30. I caught the live weather channel around 5 AM and Shoe's area was getting pounded with heavy rains.

(Zone 8b)

Looks as though this one is coming our way after its done with you! Honestly you guys don't need to share, we really don't mind being left out over here!!!! ^_^

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
HANNA IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 6 INCHES
FROM CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH EASTERN PORTIONS
OF THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES...SOUTHERN NEW YORK...AND INTO SOUTHERN
NEW ENGLAND...WITH ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF 10 INCHES POSSIBLE.
THESE RAINFALL AMOUNTS COULD PRODUCE FLASH FLOODING ACROSS THESE
REGIONS.

ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE TODAY OVER EASTERN NORTH
CAROLINA...EASTERN VIRGINIA...SOUTHERN MARYLAND...DELAWARE...
SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...AND SOUTHEASTERN NEW YORK TODAY.

The maps do have Hanna towards you, Okus... Just think of it as an early Christmas present. :-) The 5 day map looks like it's going to wander way north of the UK, though, so as long as you don't have any travel plans in the Faroe Islands late next week, you'll probably be fine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.