Cypress vine - a mystery!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9A)

I know I planted no Cypress vine seeds (Ipomoea quamoclit, I think) this year, and have never managed to get any seed to germinate when I did! But now I have a very vigorous vine growing out of a clump of ferns and loaded with buds. Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!!! I am surprised at how vigorously it has grown, though. I should get seeds, several pods have already formed.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Thats funny I have a vine a friend id'ed as the same and like you have no idea how I got it. Mines just a baby but hope it gets the chance to bloom. The only thing I can figure is it was in the roots of something I got in trade or maybe the birds carried it.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Birds!! I found them growing in my garden this year!! They self so readily so if you do get a good bloom you shouldnt have to plant again next year. They are late getting started though, they like it warm when they germinate. I was beginning to think I wasnt going to have any this year and they are everywhere now!!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I planted a whole fence full of Cypress vine and Cardinal climber's and Moon Vine's...well they all done wonderful and look so pretty!! This was my first year for all of these but I was out watering the other day when I noticed that there were thousands of tiny Cypress Vine and CC that were sprouted out!! This was soo amazing to me b/c I thought that they would "maybe" come back next year but I never expected to see any new seedlings THIS year...so I guess this mean's I will have them forever! >Giggling< So if any of you loose out on having these I will have plenty of seeds for all of you!!
Happy Trading!
Mollybee

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh what a pretty mix!! Anybody have any of the white cypress vine seeds?? I would like some of them to mix in witht the red ones!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.