Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy Happy B-Day Claypa! Have a great day and spend it as you wish ^-^

Debbie, can't beat you on the birthday wishes at 4:16am you early bird.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

happy birthday!! hope you can spend part of it out in the woods

Thumbnail by sallyg
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Have a WONDERFUL one!!! Hugs!

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Happy b-day!!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hope you have a wonderful day and celebration - not older, just wiser ^_^

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hope your special day was the bestest ever!!!
jan

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

You too Becky, and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and the beautiful pictures! I had a slack half-day at work and took some pictures.
Here's one from today for you all
Mike

Thumbnail by claypa
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Mike. It's your day and we get a nice picture from you. How thoughtful. Is that Stella? ☼

Thanks! No it's called 'Sandra Elizabeth', large, very late/ rebloomer, tetraploid. It only gets morning sun where it is, so I'm surprised it's doing so well.

Thumbnail by claypa
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

That is very pretty and bright, all my daylilies are done for the year, except for a few late Stella flowers. If I was looking for more daylilies that one would make my list.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

WOW! Sandra Elizabeth is a beauty! I'm with you Chris, when I ever get around to adding more Daylilies she's one that needs to be added to my 'list' :)

Mike, what's the name of the pretty little Hosta that's hiding behind Sandra Elizabeth in your first picture?

Thanks Shirley, nice Datura. I was thinking about you this summer when I finally managed to root some climbing hydrangeas. Now it's hurry up and wait...

Those Hostas came with the house, and my neighbor said they've been here for decades so they must be one of the Hosta undulata varieties (univittata, etc.). I divided them this spring so now I have way too many. Some get really ratty-looking in the sunlight but they look great coming up with red tulips. I did get lots of nice young newer varieties this year so I'm looking forward to those growing larger. So far the groundhog hasn't shown any interest in them.

typo

This message was edited Aug 29, 2008 8:24 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Any chance you can join our festivities here on the 20th next month? It'd be great to meet you in person!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy birthday, Mike! Sorry I missed this yesterday. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks Hart and Critter!
I almost went to Longwood to meet people then, but it was my day off, and I was dead dog tired. I usually have a lot of slack at work but it was a very big week at the time. I've been doing a major remodel of a house with my brother for the last year, you won't believe it. The other swaps I've been out of town, but I'm pretty sure I can make this one.
Anybody want some hostas?

One of these days I'll do a thread about the remodel, but I want to wait until it's almost finished, before/after etc.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, my mother-in-law would just KISS you for bringing hostas! (well, maybe she wouldn't literally, as she is a southern lady... but she'd adore them!) I've got some clumps of 'Patriot' lookalikes that I should probably divide, too.

Be sure to post on the thread that you're coming so I can include you in the "blast" Dmail for directions! :-)

*happy dance!*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.