She's About to....... #12

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

THEY are about to........ FLUSH! Please come join us in discussion on brugs and etc...

Thumbnail by AuntB
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Here I am.
Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Linda Kay.. thanks

Here's a link to #11 (I know I'm not totally caught up on it, yet.) :)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/890296/

(Cathy), MO

I checked last night and still have 3 pods on C Alba. Not many leaves and what is there is pretty sad looking (grasshoppers), but the pods are hanging in there! Hope they don't drop!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have lived in North Carolina, Colorado, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
I am from good ole Missouri and came back. I came back from Texas, in December and I remember sitting at a stop light in an MG convertible and the snow was coming in wondering why in the world I came back here....LOL...course the answer is family.
Miss the beach in NC, lovely mountains in CO, and the lovely weather of TX.
OK, why am I back here??? LOL..no beach, no mountains, and cold winters with hot summers....

Cat, most of my brugs have terrible leaves, but the blooms just keep on coming!

OK, forgot to tell you all I got 26 iris rhizones yesterday in the mail.
Talk about being patient, I ordered one of each kind so now I will wait....and wait....until they multiply.
That is the good thing about iris.

Pictures of the brugs please?

What part of Texas did you live in?

Linda Kay

(Cathy), MO

I was going to ask the same thing Linda Kay! I pretty much grew up in TX. Born in MO and moved down there when I was 7.

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

I can't wait for the Brugs to FLUSH,yours and mine☺ Can anyone tell how long till mine will open?

This is the first time for me so I don't know how far along these are.

Thumbnail by posyblossom

I a going to take a guess, and say 2 Sept. for fully open.
Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I was trying to catch up! Nope, Joyce I'm not opening an art studio.... but I COULD, Garden Art.. lol My co-worker had a dream last night that we got $30,000.00/yr raises!!!! Sure wish both dreams would come true...but then I'd have to choose.... I choose Art Studio! I've only lived in KS and IA.. but I'm not opposed to moving anywhere warmer than here. Joyce, you didn't know about brugs in TX, did you? (got side tracked, you ladies prolly left me in the dirt... :) lol (pun intented)

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Poseyblossom, WELCOME! How very exciting for you! What kind of brug is it? I'd take a guess... Hi Cat!

(Cathy), MO

Hi Bonnie. How long does it normally take (on average) from when you get the tiny little pods forming, to opening?? A month? Longer?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Poseyblossom, welcome and congrats on the flush. I知 thinking your about 2 weeks away from blooms. Just a guess from me, I知 pretty new at this.

Thanks, for starting up # 12 AuntB,

Joyce, could ya dream I hit the power ball, Please.

Morning everyone

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Well.. afternoon sis's...
I have had one more morning trying to get online.. finally called and even though I couldn't understand them..lol I am finally here!! YAY!!
Donna.. you sure didn't hurt my feelins..lol Home is where the heart is.. right?? Just my heart has to beat lots faster and harder because of all this heat..lol But we are only 88 today.. gonna be nice...
Welcome poseyblossom.. yep.. Bonnie has to answer your question.. I am one that has NOT seen a bud yet.. much less a bloom...ahhh
yeah.. somebody please dream I will the powerball too.. LOL course I guess it would help if I bought a ticket...hehehehehe
Sorry.. I am soo behind.. I'll catch up later.. LUVES to U ALL!!

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi ALL!!! I've tried to 'catch-up' but not gonna happen :( Then...I'll be on vacation the 1st week of Sept so will be away from DG and puter til the next weekend---sigh!!! I am locating some asymetrical leaves/"Y's" on some of my brugs and am (im)patiently awaiting signs of buds...my brugs, castor beans, cannas, EE's, bananas, etc. are turning my yard into a "jungle" --- I LOVE IT!!!

Gotta go but wbbl...Jan

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Donna & Becky!! Becky I hope the steroids bring you relief... Audrey, you're from MO too! Posey, I'd say a couple weeks for those buds... I think it takes around a month from teeny tiny "ocra looking" buds to bloom, but depends a lot on weather/food/water, kind of brug and individual brug... It always seems like 3 months, but if you have enough brugs and flowers, they keep you busy waiting on the unfurling of a bud.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Joyce, an iris coop?????? I think Amanda told me about it... I sure wish I had good dirt around here. I'm sure they will multiply and be gorgeous next year.. I like lilies, too. Gosh all different, too! Hi Janlynn!! How nice it will be to vacation, we will miss you. It is a great time to be in our yards, everything is so lush (if the skeeters would take a hint and scram) and sometimes I think they are slowly trying to absorb me! lol

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

OH Thank You,Thank You for the welcomes and estimated time line. Somewhere way down under on the side of the original stalk is the name of that Brug with the buds,but so far I can't find it. AuntB, I think it"s Tequila Sunrise, but I can't locate the marking,drat! I am going back outside right now and see if I can find it☺

If wishes do come true, I wish a Powerball winner for all of you☺

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I had a Tequilla Sunrise, poor lil rootling didn't make through winter... so no experience with it other than that.... but I'll guess your bud will pop on Sept 5th. (Posey, I see you out there, sweat running down your face, turning that brug upside down to find the tag) So, what other brugs do you long for?

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

AuntB, you are so funny to see me do just that. It is 100F on the deck right now and sweat I did. The name of the Brug, even though some of the writing got obliterated from the Y is, as far as I can tell, Aurea Pink.

I have some Noids and the others out there could be Butterfly or Ollie, I lost the Miss Emily Mckenzie one,darn, and I can't remember the other names.I have the list of named ones somewhere,but so far I can't find the list. I started out with sixteen and there are 5 growing in pots on the deck, plus all the seeds Lilly_Love sent me germinated and are growing ,though still quite small. So I guess I have all I long for till I have more experience in growing them. When I feel confident with the ones I have,watch out, I will be longing for every variety known to man☺ What ones do you long for?

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello Hotties! Thanks for the new thread AuntB. Welcome posyblossom~nice buds : ) Hi Jan!!!! your "jungle" sounds great. Winning the powerball would do us all good : }

Noid of the day.

Thumbnail by kimarj

posy, glad you are joining us. All your seeds germinated! you are doing something right...wow.
I have seeds from a cross of whiskers and something else but haven't had the guts to try and grow them. Kind of like if they are still seeds I haven't killed them yet....LOL

AuntB, iris don't need good dirt, I have them growing where weeds won't even grow....LOL I love them in the spring.

Jan, I skim quickly on what is going on and if we have changed lists, I don't even try to keep up.

AuntB, Versi is something else, she just blooms and blooms and I love how the pendants hang. Really pretty.

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Happ,but I think the credit for the seed germ. goes to Lily_Love that Kim☺
She told me exactly how to do it..☺

I wish you good luck when you are brave enough to try cross whiskers☺

Thanks kimarj, and I love your noid of the day, yummy yellow♥♪♫

Thumbnail by posyblossom
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Kimarj ~ What a beautifully composed picture!. Just love the backlighting.

And she smells yummy too!! Hello zone10 : ) thanks!
Love the butterfly posyblossum!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi sis, I am back from our little trip to Fire Island, and I get back and some trouble maker starts ### 12, MMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, wonder who? Any way, I see we have a new friend, Welcome posyblosom, nice to meet you, we are a whole bunch of nuttie people that love each other, lol.

I'll leave you all, have lots of laundry to do, specially TOWELS, oh well! have a nice evening!

Thumbnail by Clemen
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

woooooooooo Fire Island! I like that Clemen ;) I can almost feel the sand between my toes! I would be the "trouble maker". lol And nuttie, I'll except too! Joyce! You will do fine with seeds..you're an MG.. :) I like to start them in Dec or January, that way hopefully they will be grown enough to fend outside by May when I put everything out. Hey, anybody heard from our dear Peggy, is she on vaca?? I was going to d-mail her, but I got busy at work and just now sat down for a break.. Posey are you feeding your brugglings? Here's Joyce's Monster White (in front), first bloom of a HUGE flush! Thanks too Joyce! pink noid in back.. I'm glad you like Versi Joyce, isn't her scent heavenly??

Thumbnail by AuntB

Aunt B I love ya, and that pic of your brug, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Here's some begonia's & etc.. seems my colors were pink and orange this year.. so bright and cheery, the light was good. Love you too, dear Clem, laundry... gotta pay to play ;)

Thumbnail by AuntB

Nice tease pic Clemen ; } AuntB your pics are gorgeous!!!!

Noid of the night : }

cant't spell bug spray in my eye!!

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 9:03 PM

Thumbnail by kimarj
(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Pretty pics girls!! I have been out in the woods today.. digging natives for the RUs... TY for thenew thread.. forgot to say that..Bonnie..

Welcome zone10.. you'll luv it here!!
Peg dmailed me this am.. she is fine.. I guess..lol.. just not remembering to check back home..
Clemie.. glad you are home and had a great time... yeah.. that sand squishing sounds soo good!! I love it!!
Kim... I agree with zone 10... nice pic, and the brug is soo pretty.. I love yellow.. and pink.. and red.. and purple..LOL
Bonnie....wow... 2 dofferent color blooms in the same pic... gotta get a bloom here..lol

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Wow, I leave work to see the Dr. and look at all that I missed.
Thank Becky, I feel better now, I would never want to offend anyone. Hope you get blooms before the season ends for you.
Hi Jaylynn sounds like you have beautiful jungle.
AuntB I think I have a skeeter farm in my yard, every thing is so over grown I know I知 breeding them. Their even out there when it gets cool in the evening. That monster is a beauty and the garden area is so bright and cheery.
Kim that pic of the noid of the day is fantastic, you caught the lighting so beautifully. Love the night pic too.
Posy, love the Bfly and I知 guessing the 7th for you bloom to be full.
Ah Clem, what can I say, the beach looks wonderful, I know you all had a great time. Now it痴 time to pay. All that fun laundry and wet stuff.
Joyce, I知 holding my seeds also, part is cause I知 chicken and part is cause I want to wait till winter so they don稚 get to big.
For me the quick trip down the stairs was the beginning of the end, I was hurting all week, had to call to get squeezed into the Chiropractor痴 today. He said I was one sneeze away from another complete dislocation. So I値l be sitting in a chair watching the weed grow again. I知 out for the count for the rest of the season. Not to worry my burggies will be fine, I知 sooooooo glad I repotted last week instead of mowing the lawn.

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

hey everyone and welcome posy! Nice buds! Have my first groom tomorrow, been having alot of walk in traffic. I have a dirty dog emergency tomorrow, even though we aren't quite finished. We set up the store shelves today and stocked with what we have so far. I will post some new pics tomorrow night.

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Louise so great to hear you are almost ready to roll, customers already that is fantastic.

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

Thank You for all the welcomes. My, I do feel welcome☺

I had to go to the meat store and soooooooooooooooo, I entered us all in the Megamillions drawing tonight. If the ticket wins $95 Million jackpot, I will split evenly with all of us here☺ I sound so hopeful,lol.

Just so I stay honest, here is the ticket and good luck☺☺☺

Thumbnail by posyblossom

Mega millions!, LOL, waiting..................so anxious, wanna quit working so does dh

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

HAHAHAHA! Wouldn't you just about die if we win? Don't quit your day job yet☺

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

woot woot!!! Go mega millions!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.