just for fun: plan to make your NEIGHBORS go blind 2

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Continued from:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/831541/
Welcome to the second level of making your neighbors go blind. We are only just beginning to induce blindness. Add your pics and comments here.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2008 9:17 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for doing that for us paj.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Brilliant, PJ.

Now, about that Garden from Hell: It would need a fire feature rather than a water feature. Any ideas?
--Julie

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

How about a mini portable fire pit? This one kinda fits the theme. http://www.myhomeideas.com/myhome/article/0,30719,710805,00.html
I seen lots of small ones at the hardware stores here. Or maybe spooky twisted cast iron lanterns (probably safer for sparks)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Or a fire pit with a screen around it. I have seen those. I love fire pits.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh, that's a pretty one, DN.
We have a fire weather watch in effect tomorrow. Winds and low humidity, uh oh. Things could blow up. If it gets smoky, I'm heading for the coast.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Don't think it will make the neighbors go blind (mainly because it's in the backyard), but it is a work in progress. That is my 'Dark Knight' caryopteris that I was lusting for, after seeing it on here somewhere. It is a beauty, and the bees are going nuts over it! That's 'orange beauty' canna behind it, with rosemond cole and Richard Wallace yet to make an appearance.

Thumbnail by vadap
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Very nice display! Your neighbors' loss. I gather that orange bush of flowers is crysanthemum. Very nice. And pink zinnias behind. I like all the color.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very luvly. and flowering cannas too!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I saw a 'witches caldron' at the Safeway in their Hallowe'en display. It was $9 and metal so I'm fairly sure you could have a fire in it. It would work for the Garden from Hell.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What a great idea! What else will you put in your garden from hell? Cholla cactus?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL I forget whose making the Garden from Hell now? Picante or Plutodrive or both maybe?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I thought it was you DN. But I nominate the witch's cauldron from Safeway and Cholla cactus for whoever it is that is making the Garden from Hell!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.