Canada Through Your Eyes part 2

Dundas,, ON(Zone 5b)

Wonderful pictures, both of you.

I *so* love to see pictures of other parts of the country.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Burns thank you so much for sharing your lovely corner of Canada with us! What beautiful farming country you grew up in. :)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks everyone. today I was at my brother's camp on top of a mountain, and this is the view of a small community in Riley Brook, this is near Mount Carleton, a park for hiking and canoing and camping and wildlife.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:D Gorgeous Burn!

Now off to a drier locale (but greener than I've seen it before).

What a contrast to your picture Burn. ;)

This is the area surrounding Rosedale, Alberta.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

On the road to Wayne, Alberta (a young couple's starting home ;)

Wayne and Rosedale are in the gorgeous badlands re Drumheller Valley.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The Alberta Hoodoos

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Largest Dinosaur Statue in the World (?)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The beauty and isolation to be found in the badlands (it's easy to understand why Hollywood was attracted to this valley to shoot mainly Westerns):

The Virginian starring Bill Pullman Feature Film

Shanghai Noon starring Jackie Chan Feature Film

Texas Rangers starring Randy Travis & James Van Der Beek parts of this movie were filmed in Drumheller

You Know My Name starring Sam Elliot Movie of the Week

Noah starring Tony Danza Movie of the Week

Gunfighters Documentary

Wild America starring Johnathan Taylor Thomas Feature Film

In Cold Blood starring Anthony Edwards CBS Television Mini-series

Lonesome Dove : The Outlaw Years 1 or 2 episodes

Legends of the Fall starring Brad Pitt & Anthony Hopkins Feature Film

Road to Saddle River Feature Film

Unforgiven starring Clint Eastwood & Gene Hackman Feature FIlm

Bye Bye Blues Feature Film

Dead Bang starring Don Johnson Feature Film

Draw! starring Kirk Douglas & James Coburn Feature Film

Running Brave starring Robbie Benson Feature Film

Firebird 2015 starring Darren McGavin & Doug McClure Feature Film

Superman starring Christopher Reeve

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

And, of course, some of the creatures that used to inhabit those lands.......

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

.............. :O

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

One of the smallest Churches in this country.....it has seated 10,000 people (4 to 6 at a time)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The moody look of the abandoned town of Dorothy.......

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The Drumheller's prime business, prior to the building of the Royal Tyrrell Museum http://www.tyrrellmuseum.com/ and tourists however, was the mining of coal.

Atlas Coal mine http://www.atlascoalmine.ab.ca/ is the most complete coal mining museums in Canada and will soon have a tunnel open for people to explore. It is now a National Heritage site.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

One of the most fascinating buildings there was the inside of the men's shower rooms.! *Ü*

It was *very* photogenic. (gasp) ;)

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

and now I'm off to bed (the final load of pickles is finished and so am I).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Dishes done and now I am off to bed.......one final interesting shot taken inside the tibble (Atlas Coal Mine).

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks lilypon for your luvly pics of Drumheller and surrounds. I'm talking my folks there next week when they're here to visit. It truly is one of the most interesting areas in our province.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Dahlianut I hope the sun is shining for you so that you can catch the area under nicer skies then I did (the photographic opportunities are endless there but we only had one day of sun (...naturally that was the day we were in the museum).

Looking forward to seeing your pics of Drumheller here. I uploaded less due to the crowds of people and lack of sun.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2008 9:36 AM

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Moving west...I thought I'd show you some photos of the the part of the country were I am blessed to reside. I live in Grand Forks, BC which is located in the southern interior of BC on the US-Canada border. Grand Forks is named for its location near the convergence of the Kettle and Granby Rivers. The city is overlooked by Observation Mountain to the north and the aptly named Rattlesnake Mountain to the east. www.city.grandforks.bc.ca/

It was a sunny and warm 26C today so we decided to go for a quad ride from Grand Forks to Eholt Summit which is about a 23 km trip. Packed a picnic lunch and off we went.

Thumbnail by DonM47
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Started climbing, so I started snapping of the mountainsides as we travelled...

Thumbnail by DonM47
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Lots of rock faces as we rode along the TransCanada trail

Thumbnail by DonM47
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

The first of two tunnels we travelled through on our journey

Thumbnail by DonM47
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

We stopped here and had our picnic lunch at a picnic table they had set out. We enjoyed this lovely view of the Granby valley as we ate.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2008 5:39 PM

Thumbnail by DonM47
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the pics of Drumheller area - it's been 40 years since I've been to that particular part of the country.

And DonM47, thanks for the lovely pics of BC.

Ann

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Thanks Anne. We love it here...the best place on earth. But then we are biased. :D

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Very different beautiful country scenes, Lilypon and what history!!! lovely and interesting.
DonM47 those are wonderful areas, great shots. enjoying it all.
We have visitors from Calgary, this week, and they said our Mountains are foothills, compare to those in the west. And I'm sure they are. ;) . I've seen pictures of the Rockies and they are amazing.

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

LOL...our interior mountains are also like foothills when compared with the majestic Rockies. But as I am sure you'd agree, we love our smaller mountains just the same.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Our Mountains (foothills) are spectacular.:))

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This whole country rocks IMHO!!! I luv NB and BC.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Glad you like the different area of NB dahlianut. The Fall scenery is very gorgeous here also , I will post pictures later on, of it.
I also enjoy looking at pictures of other part of the country. What I can't see in person, I can see through pictures. People who post here, have pictures of places tourist are not directed too, when they travel. Nice to see it from locals.

Thank you ladies, always enjoy seeing these pics across the country.

Pam, I've been in that little church, many years ago. Sure fun seeing it again. The Drumheller pics bring back some very young memories for me.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

:) Brenda do you remember the town of Wayne? Be sure to check out the population stats on the sign pictured below.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We love the drive there (and all the bridges).

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

And on a hot summer day in the Badlands (or any day for that matter ;) this place, in Wayne, is a treat to find at the end of that drive....

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Ha! does that sign say 2? Guess they must run the bar then. Wonder who changes the sheets. I don't really remember the name of this town. I'm sure I must have driven through it though.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Brenda I think it says 27 but I'm not positive (now I see the number on the paper is impossible to read ;). The last time we were there the count was much lower. Currently the town site is quite spread out so it's difficult to believe it's even that high. .

To get to Wayne you cross over 11 bridges in a small valley (a twelfth is past the village).

This message was edited Sep 7, 2008 11:47 PM

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Guildwood inn. Your pictures are awesome!!! so much diversity from the east to west coast! Thank you again violaann for the tip re: the new thread ;)

Thumbnail by evr
Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

This camera is very ummm... yeah lol or maybe it's just me. There was a light house at the jutting tip. Lake Ontario, Guildwood Inn

Thumbnail by evr
Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Will be posting up more pictures...still have to take them and take my butt to the central hub of Toronto: Downtown =D. Too bad I missed out on our summer events =/.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.