Is garlic considered a herb?

Middleburgh, NY

Yeah, I smell nothing fruity about my lamb's ears either (as stated in the linked article). And he states the plant is very small and to keep it in a 6" pot. Not my lamb's ears! They get 2 foot tall and quite floppy when blooming and get to be quite wide as well. Sounds like that author is combining the attributes of two different plants into one paragraph.

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Well if he's keeping it in a 6" pot, then maybe it's staying that small. I've had a sage plant for over 5 years that's never gotten above 8", but I put it in the ground this year and it's already getting bigger.

Middleburgh, NY

zhinu, you are probably right, the small pot is keeping the lamb's ears small. I still don't taste anything fruity though. Hmm...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm going to sample some new leaves next spring to see if there is any 'fruityness'. I will report back. I have a BIG feeling that the fuzzyness will make me 'urp' to quote podster. There's something just plain wrong about fuzzy food methinks. Ah the things we do to advance and document herbie traditions.

I also think there is something wrong with fuzzy foods, but it seems like there is some way to defuzz some of them.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I haven't really figured out a good way to de-fuzz borage blooms... it's a pain to pick off all the green leafy parts, but if I don't, the fuzz really bugs me! They sure taste good, though. Some people have mentioned eating the leaves, too... but even the new ones are pretty fuzzy...

I think one way is to... when you lightly boil something, can't remember the word. I don't think it removes the fuzzy, but softens it so it's not so noticeable.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I wouldn't think there would be much left if I blanched borage leaves... but maybe I'm missing out on a good trick!

I'm not sure about borage, but it was mentioned somewhere on other fuzzy leafed plants.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I need home made spag. and garlic bread.

My Granny used lambs ear as a poltice cover on my chest if I had a chest cold when I was young.

Lavina

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Yum... when is the spaghetti and garlic bread gonna be ready? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.