Sending Rain Wishes

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

So, I posted a photo of the pond above showing how low it has been. This is after forty eight hours of non-stop rain. We got back to Atlanta today, and the rain has been slight compared to up in Cleveland.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Here is a garden path.

another pond picture. Things are really looking up.

and here's a photo of the coolest chickens ever (except Polish crested). They belong to Suzmyers, but we're going to steal them. Don't tell.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

i'm so happy for you and all the ones that needed the rain so badly . i have been watering daily and am so gifted to have a good well . thank you, LORD , for our blessings . sally

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Surprisingly we didn't get very much rain out of this - about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in all. It's meant that we've turned off the sprinklers but it won't make much difference to the ponds.

Dahlonega, GA

artgal , i would have thought you had even more than we did . it rained gently all night last night , after torrents again yesterday . most of it ran off to help the ponds and rivers . our town lake was really low and hopefully it came up .i've been digging trenches for footing , in hopes of getting a room up before winter , and now that the bonejolting ,breaking up of the cement hard , red clay is done , the rain will make the rest of it pretty easy . maybe i'm through with the daily watering this year and there is hope now that it will be better in your area . sally

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, you'd think we'd have more. We were often between two bands but I'm really not complaining as long as we continue to get a little each week. Last night we were under a tornado threat until 2am. We left the windows a little ajar and could hear the thunder - but there was no rain.

Dahlonega, GA

don't give up yet . late summer and fall rains are close upon us . sally

Sally, we left Maypop yesterday afternoon during a lull, but it started up again around your neck of the woods. Could barely see the road. By the time we got to Alpharetta the sun was shining! Just a few scattered showers here in our part of the city today.
L

Dahlonega, GA

it's been nice today . supposed to be nice thurs. and fri . rain again sat and sun .have friends at the beach this week and others at reunion at vogel park starting tomorrow . .following weekend we have reunion . maybe it won't be so bad for us .if it is , then some body's getting benefit of rain . that's good ! sally

Okay, I became complacent after that huge deluge a few weeks ago. Then what happened? Where's the water? Out with the rain stick again.

If you're checking in Farmerdill...have you been able to get a Fall garden going? Who's got stuff in for Fall? Care to share?
Laurel

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

We haven't had any rain since just a little with Faye. Doesn't look like any more is coming our way, either. Shake that stick, Laurel.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Not really, I set a few collards, have a few radishes up. Have not been able to keep enough water on the turnips, rutabagas, and mustard to get germination. If it evr rains, I will replant. Have more collards, Broccoli, cauliflower ready to transplant, but it is a losing battle right now.

A few of the early tomatoes at the end of the garden bit the fusarium wilt dust. I dug out a little patch there and planted about a hundred leek sets in six furrows. I've not grown leeks in years. I have just a few new collards in (the Spring ones are still going strong), some broccoli, and Brussel's sprouts. The kale is also still looking good. I've got mesclun up and rutabagas, but something plowed through two plantings of beet seedlings. What does that? They were there one day and gone the next. I thought the first beans would have had it by now, so I planted two other varieties in mid-July. We are now drowning in beans. The cukes are looking ratty, and we're trying to ignore them, but they keep putting out a few more. Pickleworms have done a number on all the squashes, winter and summer, that were not hardened off enough to thwart them. I would have liked to have done better with the winter squash. The second tomato plantings look very good. With a little rain we could have a great Fall harvest.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I think we got about 1/8' last night - barely enough to wet the sidewalk. maybe more Tuesday & Wed.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

It rained at my son's house in Buford the last 2 nights. Not a drop here. Everything is drying up even though I've been hauling water from the rain barrels to keep stuff alive. I haven't sewn any seeds cause I don't want to water them. I may call it quits for the year and see what next year brings.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, I would like Glenn Burns on Channel 2 to EXPLAIN himself. :) We were expecting heavy rain early a.m. (purple on the map!!) and we got 1/10 inch.

I think I was too gentle with the rain stick after that last episode or just maybe DH is a better dancer than me? I'll try again tonight. Just so you know, the process sends two traumatized cats under the four poster. haha
Laurel

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Flooded here the last two days. Not any today so far.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.