Couldn't help myself!!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Sundownr...you're sweet for getting the resources together for her ♥

I think it's a great idea for her too! Those pieces are way too cool not to duplicate, if possible!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes, that was very sweet. Now she just needs to get back online and check them out.
Jackie

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

As for the fimo stuff...I've been wanting to play with some to make things, but keep forgetting to go check it out, when I'm at the craft store...

does it have the consistency of say play-doh?, salt-dough, it is gritty at all, or super smooth?

Bc- raw sanded wood, then stain, then urethane spar varnish on top bar piece
...primer, stain rub, then spar varnish on bottom piece...
this is what it looked liked before.

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Fountain, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, what a change you made in that piece. I'm glad you shared how you did it. I am always afraid of making a bigger mess of things.

If I remember correctly, the poly is smooth and sort of like play-doh but someone with more experience should probably speak to that. Joci tried to get me to do some things with it but I simply didn't have the patience or dexterity to do it.
Jackie

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Imma chekc them i proimse lol. soprry was up all night again working on articles and then boo kept waking up and screaming, just realized he's got more teeth coming though so poor baby. slept for like maybe 1 hour or so and had a bad nightmare then couldnt go back down lmao.
I love that chest table thing seedpicker, its awesome. Now i gotta go to yard sales and find somehting like it lmao.
tyvm for the links sunny! Ill so be doing some reading and was thinking about making an entire patio set and selling for like 10.00/20.00 each set. I wanna make them cheap so everyone can afford to start this hobby, its so much FUN!
Then grams gave me an idea with her water feature post so i wanna look into somthing speciallllllll. :D teheeeeeeee this is a good outlet for stress relief, my gardens are so bad now, been so sick that I lost all my bonsai but 2 (lack of water, a shame huh)- I think I could makea couple of these "gardens" and maybe itll keep me from getting too depressed about the state of my lovies, LOL.
SOrry for the typos, im too sleepy to fix them lmao.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

crim-
both the bar and the shelves were found in the trash.

We were quite strapped for cash at the time, and I wanted to buy yorkie pups because my favorite yorkie had just died.

Hubby said no way, ~no money.

So, I went curbisde shopping for four weeks(every monday on trash day, I'd go cruising the alleys, lol) and then had a garage sale with all my finds(that I didn't keep for myself, lol), and made enough money to buy one of my yorkie pups :)

In that same four week period I also found a side by side icemaker refrigerator, a china hutch and a buffet, and some yard furniture

AMAZING what people throw away...

Fountain, FL(Zone 8b)

Seedpicker,
Your are alot like us in that we do the curb shopping too. People throw away so many things that are still in good shape.
I don't know if you can do it any more but if there is a military base nearby, they get rid of tons of good stuff when they are being shipped out.

It's pretty neat that you made enough to buy a yorkie. I know when mine died, I was so upset. It took a long time before I could gt another one and then I got a poodle. Sometimes I think she is the reincarnation of my yorkie cause she acts just like him!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Bev – My mom has used that method and it seems to work, I’ll try to get her to chime in.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

zhinu, cool, I'd love to find out more about the process before I mess up a bunch of stuff trying to figure it out, lol!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I told her to come over, but she's had a busy day.

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Sorry, I have been reading and thinking (trying to, my brain isn't really here tonight)...the only molds I have done have been out of polymer clay. You are limited in how much detail you can get. Some of the more flexible materials mentioned. above would probably work better for more intricate detail.

All of you are doing some really beautiful work! I keep hoping to get my work room unearthed so I can go back to playing with my clay (both poly and mud). I really do enjoy it.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

zhinusmom, thanks for confirming my concerns about the detail using the polymer clay as a mold. I assume you could get some fine intricate details though, right?

All of my fine detail came out well. Its just with the hard polymer you can't get behind any under cuts etc. I know they make a flexible polymer clay for "bendy toys" and erasers. I have never used any of it so I don't know how that would work...it might be worth experimenting with.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

zhinusmom, I'll have to check into the flexible polymer clay... that sounds like it may have lots of possibilities!! Thanks for the info!

Bev if you try it let me know how it works out!

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

http://www.clayalley.com/goop.htm

While I was looking around at different materials I ran across this stuff. Doesn't seem too terrible expensive.
http://www.clayalley.com/goop.htm

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Gasp, I NEED GOOP! lol
Imma put this on my save for list! Thanks for the links yall!

Joey this looks like it should work really well!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Joey, thanks for the link! The Alley Goop is cheaper than the other stuff and looks to be better, too!!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well my camera won't klet me upload picture to the computer. I dont know what to do???? It just isn't reading the card or the cable, helllllp!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.