She's About to....... #9

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Becky, I wanna come to a round up with you guys! Wawawa, I can't go. The 18th of Aug? on a Monday? Arlington, TX? How bout the one in Jacksonville, is it Jacksonville, TX? How comes you Texans need so darn many RU's? (don't tell me cause EVERYTHING is bigger in TX) lol Sure wish I could next day air some of this breathable weather down your way.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

You know you have a weed problem when you have to start weeding the flower pots! LOL....

How I spent my summer vacation!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Bonnie..Peg is coming... nanananana!!!..hehehee.. Oct 18th for the Arlington RU by Josephine.. near Dallas.... and the Jacksonville RU is tentatively OCT 11th.. by Dave!! we don't need them.. we just like to get together...haha ... awww come on Bonnie.. you know you will have a ball.. and get bunches of plants too!!

Joyce.. I guess I misread somewhere..lol at least you can say your weeds are "contained"..LOL

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I want y'all to meet my kitty, Marmi! He's a BIG boy!!

Thumbnail by Doe41
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

He's a handsome fella : )

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh my goodness, he is a big boy! He looks like a pillow to cuddle up to. Is he a cuddler?
Linda Kay

When he wants to be! When he gets to crying, I pick him up and rock him, with his face up to mine, and he purrs for me! He leans into my face and rubs his face on mine, then down he goes! Him's Mama's Baby!!

Thumbnail by Doe41
South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Okay Hotties, I know I haven’t been able to check in for 24 hours but OMG, there is a lot to read. I only had a chance to scan for now and will read tomorrow. Tonight I need sleeeeeeeeeeep. Very long yuckie day.
Hi Marie, beautiful burgs and gardens you have there.
Audrey, Marmi is adorable.

Thanks, Donna, he thinks so, too!

Hey hotties does anyone know anything about ee's?
My ee's are sending out these little arms or roots, like they are searching for something.
Kind of gives me the creeps, reminds me of that movie about the pods or something like that when I was a kid.

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

It was 103 this weekend but we're being told to expect a cold front by Thursday. It'll get all the way down to 99. brrrrrrrr.

Anne

What kind of ee???
Better bundle up Anne ; }

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Yeah gonna put my longer tank top.

Anne

I think they're multiplying. Are they in a pot, or ground? Sounds like it's putting out shoots!

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Joyce, My EE's in pots are always sending up more roots to the soil surface. Seems like they are always trying to climb out of the pots lol. Mine have offsets but they look like the big ones, only small size.
'

All you hotties with brug blooms, do yours set seed? Has anyone tried crossing the different variegated ones? Are they fertile?

Hotties I have a question for you. Some of my brugs have smooth edge leaves, and some have jagged. They do not have names, I got them from ebay. They are all doing pretty good, but was wondering what the difference was?
Thanks for your help here. I would not be a bruggy addict, if it weren't for all of you!!!
Linda Kay

This is the jagged egded one

Thumbnail by taters55

This is the smooth edged one

Thumbnail by taters55

Linda kay, My Brug seedlings from the same parents have different leaves. Some smooth and some toothed. The leaf traits are inherited.

(Cathy), MO

Good morning all. It's not supposed to be quite as hot here either today. Last I heard around 90. We need some rain in the worst way!

kimarj, my ee's doing the wierd root thing are a black magic and a red stem. I just got these this spring and I really no nothing about them.

doe and lavender my ee's are in pots, so if I stick another pot close to that root going side ways would that root when it hits soil?

Cat, it is raining at my house every two to three days and not just a little anywhere from 1inch to 2inches. I have flower pots I have had to turn on their sides to get some of the water out. Wish I could send some your way.

Morning Hotties!! Joyce I think they may root.. I get baby plants along those shoots on the ground.
Hope you get some rain Cat...stay cool!
Whoo hooo my OBP has thrown a new leaf!!!
My nieghbor loves for my garden to hangout on her side : )

Thumbnail by kimarj

New bloom of the day Hollyhock and a little friend.

Thumbnail by kimarj

Kim, your garden is beautiful. I would want it to hang on my side of the fence also...

I will have to see if I can get those little baby ee's to root.

(Cathy), MO

I wish you could too Joyce! I'm at the point now of just trying to keep everything alive. It's so hot nothing is really doing very good. Watering just about every day. Tell me again why I got so many plants??? LOL

Cat, I would tell you why you have so many plants, but then I would have to look at myself and that's not happening...LOL

(Cathy), MO

LOL! That's one of the great things about DG! We all have the same addictions!

LOL!! I have a very small space with sooooooooo many plants and no greenhouse..should be loads of fun this winter : }
Oh well I gotta run to the store for some cake boards. TTYL!!

kimarj, what are cke boards. Are you a baker? You baking cakes?
Just curious.
Blooms everywhere. So beautiful.
Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Cat!! Some things you just DON'T question! :) Good Morning hotties! Joyce, you can even let the EE runners go on the ground, I did last year...in Fall I dug them up and potted. They spent the winter in the basement, some died back, some kept a leaf or two but they are doing great still potted this year. The illustris (you NEED some of this, girl!) is a great one for multiplying too, grows in water or soil. I've got that huge pot of them and they are carried to the basement in Fall watered sparingly, die totally back and in Spring once it warms enough and I water a couple times, they flourish and fill the pot back up. I'll bring some for you to try if you like. Some EEs reproduce with runners much like a philodendron and others multiply with bulbs or corms and "pups" close to the mother plant, like a banana. Joyce, MW was laying down when I finally got home last night. Poor little Antique Lace, too! The wind had blown the OPENED umbrella into my FAVORITE Canna pot (okay one of my favs), may have busted one top out... I think it will bounce back, except for the one tip... grrrrrrrrrrrr. BUT at LEAST my brug nursery on the other side of the table was untouched! Phew!!! MW and AL were down, but no broken "bones"/branches or blooms so I'm counting my blessings. Mel didn't think to check on the ones below the deck, she tried to fool me by setting A.L. back up before I made it down there... but I took one look and knew she'd be laying there, defenseless .. tips curved toward the sky all weird looking.... Mel said "Aw.. Mom, I thought you'd know".. still cloudy and sprinkly today, if I was just home....

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Doe, Marmi is adorable, what lot of kitty!

Can anyone tell me what this is please. I bought it at a yard sale for the pot it was in, but don't know what the plant is?
I have posted on the id forum, but they are still guessing.
Thanks
Linda

Thumbnail by taters55
(Cathy), MO

LOL you sound like me Linda! I bought some old almost dead stuff at a Lowes last fall, just for the pots! I took the plants home and dumped them!

sorry I have no idea what the plant is

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Mornin.. hotties!!

Another night in the ER with Momma.. but finally we have a diagnosis that might explain everything!! Bladder infection.. very severe!! She was unresponsive when I got there yesterday.. ohhh I was a mess.. I was afraid it was "something" else.. but TG the ER got a urine sample.. now.. praying with the antibiotics we are on the road to recovery!! TY girls for all the thoughts and prayers sent our way!

Lotta catching up to do..lol
Linda.. I have no idea on your NOID plant..hehe but it's pretty.. yeah I like all those bargaims too!!
Joyce.. sure glad someone is getting the rain.. most years here in TX we are always hot and dry.. you'd think I was used to it.. but I ain't!!
BONNIE..AWWWW.. hope the girls all recover.. just makes you sick I know!!
Audrey.. cute LIL..???? fur ball... I know you love him
I had to look up the thread where Louise gave us the recipe for the cabbage rolls.... "dirty cabbage" as Bonnie called it...lol..man.. I never dreamed we TALKED THAT MUCH!! LOL.. I finally found it..YAY!! DH kept asking.."have you found it yet"?? LOL Guess I know what will be for supper tonight!!

TTYL.. have a good one!!

Thanks all for praising my kitty! He's so much company for me! He's worth the 8 lbs. of Iams he eats every month! I get Iams 'cause he doesn't poop as much with Iams!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Lol, Becky on the recipe hunting in #7 or 8? We're on 9, I checked! lol I had to go back to review it as I was making it...And yes, us Hotties must love to blab! Becky I'm so thankful they found your mother's problem... those ARE very painful if left untreated.. poor dear, you give her an extra hug from me, seems they'd check blood and urine first thing off, I mean she does have an affliction that may hamper good judgement on exactly where and when she's hurting. Louise's recipe is wonderful just out of the oven, but gets better and better everytime you warm it up. The flavors get melded and it's very yummy, Drew was eating it on bread and butter, like a sandwich! Audrey, Marmi is a spoiled kitty! I want to be your kitty in my next life.. lol I've been buying Meow Mix-Indoor formula for minimizing "things" at that end... ;) Missy has always liked Meow Mix.. but NOT the new salad greens one, she let me know it's not a favorite, so I'm doing every other time with the indoor formula.. Yes, I have DD Mel (Melissa) and kitty cat Missy.. never did call Mel, Missy. Missy was a stray, she'd run to meet me at my car everyday when I got home from work.. I'd say "Lil Missy, what have you been up to, today? Not diggin in my flower beds are ya??" She was an outside kitty and I gained her trust, but it took months. I think she was abused, she takes a long time to get to know people and if there's someone new around (like Mel's friend who's been staying with us) she isn't social at all, she stays in the basment or outside. I allowed her to have a litter of kitties and had her spayed and she IS a house cat now, but she also loves outside. She will lay on my lap if there are no "strangers" around. Lucky little kitties that have moms like me and Audrey!

That is an amazing cat! He looks like a mountain lion! I had dirty cabbage for breakfast this morning (my dinner off work) . I froze the rest for popping into the microwave and I sure love that stuff. That is why I always double the recipe, more for eating later. We are finally getting a bit of rain here. Not much but enough to wet the sidewalk. All the other storms have missed us.

Becky I hope your Mom has a speedy recovery!
AuntB both my kitties are rescues : )
Louise my kitchen smells wonderful yum! I even got some ice cream in the machine churning away!!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Kim, the Exotic, dirty cabbage ;) and ice cream..... Mmmm, I'll be right over. Ice cream flavor? Need me to bring chocolate syrup?

My neighbor calls him a horse!!
Anyone who comes in, he lays on their feet and rubs his face all over them! He tries to get in my nurses satchels!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.