She's About to....... #9

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Capture my heart!!! Antique Lace, first blooms were twins.. We're discussing brugs and all pretty blooms, seeds, cuttings, kids, family, recipes and lots more.. Join the fun!

Thumbnail by AuntB
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks AuntB, I made the jump. Hope your having a good day...
Linda Kay

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm on a long break, too hot out there, but I did get a lot done this morning. Need to nourish my self and R&R.. How' it going Linda, you melting down there?

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the birthday wish AuntB. We're getting hammered again today; want me to send some rain your way. I’ve had enough to last the rest of the summer.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Send me some, Donna!! Happy Birthday! In the 100 range here all week!

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Thanks Audrey, I’ll send the rain but you can keep the heat. I can’t take it either. I’m either at the beach with my chair at the edge of the ocean or inside with the ac blearing during the heat of the day.

Me, too, with the AC! Don't have a beach, it would be to hot to go, if we did!!^_^

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I came in to rest a bit before I go back out there to plant maybe 10 brugs in my new brug area..done all the holes and fill it with horse poo...watered the holes..now waiting for the water to go down down down...then I plant the brugs...the put some mulch on top of that...still have more brugs to plant but need to dog more holes in the new front flowerbed...lol..will post pics when all done...I am in the shade doing all this work...lol...

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey you guys, I've not finished reading the last thread yet. But boy, I'm loving it. Will someone tell me how & when the "Hotties" came to be? This is crazy funny!

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Davis, come on in and have a laugh. I’ll let one of the original hotties tell you the story. I haven’t been here that long, but I was lurking for awhile. Just wanted to say welcome.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Welcome Davis...
We started when Kim.. kimarj.. started a thread giving a brug baby away if we could guess the date... and now we are still going... having great fun with each other!!

Donna Happy B'Day.. sorry I missed you earlier..

It is hot out there... I tried planting a few.. am in for a rest. They need to go in the ground.. so I guess I'll just be in and out all day ..
TTYL..

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

From what I recall I called someone a hottie and the rest is history! LOL, Clemen

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Welcome Davis! Glad you showed up :)) The hotties was a joke that stuck and now we all claim to be hotties (be it from being out in the garden or hot flashes, or at least that is what I claim) .

Right now, our hottest hottie is Anjl, poor baby. Heat stroke is very dangerous sweety. please, please take care of yourself and take some time to get back to feeling completely yourself.

Happy Birthday Donna. I hope you have a beautiful day...

Had to work this morning, so just checking in on everybody. Bonnie, when again are you and Drew leaving? You will need to keep us updated on your itinerary and let us know how many other plants you come home with.. Tee hee.

Audrey, you are going to have a completely tropical apartment at the rate you're going! Good for you!!

Got to get outside. I have not even poked my head out there yet. Take care in the heat! Lov ya, Peg

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome Davis! Happy Birthday Donna! (Singing for you!) It is gawdawful hot here!!!

hot flashes....ROFL Peg

Sorry.. I forgot the rest of the "story"... lol Davis... guessing the "date" was when she would bloom... That is where Kim got the title.. "She's about to".. not many girls got on at first.. just a few.. and we have grown.. and grown.. and nobody is giving away a thing..LOL NOW.. if somebody needs a brug to enable the addiction.. there are bunches of hotties that will be more than happy to enable the addiction though!!

Me and Peg still maintain we are HOT when we are sweating bullets... some hotties try to make us believe they "glisten" and "glow".. yeah RIGHT!!...hehe.. BUT in my defense, and all the hotties.... we ARE all HOTTIES in our own right!!

Now.. I think I finished the story... anyone have something to share??

OK.. going back out to sweat some more bullets!!...hehe

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Donna!!!!!!!!
Welcome Davis : )
I dont..cough...get hot flashes I have power surges ; }..tee hee

lol Kim. I work at the hottest place and I definitely sweat NOT glisten.

Go the hotties! you sound like you are all having a ball ...good for you ...spread that Angel love around.
We "glow" in the Summer here too. Right now we are shivering and that is when one enjoys a "power surge" lol.
Have a happy day? night / or whatever it is.
chrissy

OMG Chrissy from Australia, so exciting you found us! Clem

Charles Grimaldi today, can't hardly wait hotties!

Thumbnail by Clemen

Oh Chrissy, our international hottie! Our temp today has to be close to 100. Hottest day yet here.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sultry afternoon Hotties! Hi Davis Welcome to the thread, I'm glad you came in! We get crazy sometimes, but we're pretty genuine.... for the most part ;) Right Hotties? Hi Crissy, how are those brugs way down there? Shivering, too? I remember in Feb/March you were having a "hey-day" in your summer. We'll share ours with you here. When is your spring? Kim, me too- power surges.. I've been going out for 15-20 and in for at least an hour.. getting it all watered that way. Hardly a leaf moving out there.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

International Hottie!!!! LOL- Good one, Louise!!! Welcome Hotties from around the World! (anyone afflicted with a labor of love and playing in dirt)

My Angels are doing ok ...a little shivery but much better than expected. They are on the verandah outside (the babies) while the named ones are in a sheltered position in the garden ... we have had frosts but the plants apart from the odd yellow leaf here or there are doing well ...in fact there are buds emerging.
One has flowered all Winter, so I am guessing that perhaps the heat knocks them around worse than cooler conditions ...it's 37F at the moment early monday morning but will get up to mid 60F with sunshine today ...not too bad. Keep cool all you hotties!

Thumbnail by

Hi Chrissy!!! Your babies must be getting huge : )
Well i'm soooo glad I put my brugs in the ground, been storming here Last year in pots they took a beating. Today a few things got knocked around but not the brugs. YAY!!

Love daves garden don't you?

Thumbnail by

Yes they are and I hope to warm your Winter days with some pics of my new babies ...hopefully some colours!.
Enjoy your hotties club everyone ...Winter morning in Australia

Thumbnail by

OK, went back to our first thread to see "history" and Peg, you were the first hottie, I'll try to copy paste, I knew I was not crazy
Meg this is you:

Alright Samigal, you've got your brug on... :))

That's a takeoff of an old saying about "having your groove on". It does not mean anything bad at all. And now I've really showed my age. Lov ya Peg
cmdelg
Nassau County, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2008
8:54 PM

Post #5095731

Edit

Oh peg, we are just hottie chicks, that's all! Clem
merpeg
Midwest City, OK
(Zone 7b)

June 12, 2008
9:05 PM

Post #5095804

Okay, Clem, I am dying laughing.. DH is asking what is going on. "Hottie chicks?" Maybe an ex-hottie old hen in my case. Thanks! Peg
kimarj
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2008
9:11 PM

Post #5095837

No such thing as an ex-hottie when your a hottie your a hottie for life!!!!
cmdelg
Nassau County, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #5095867

Edit

beautifull for ever and ever! And age, who cares we come in all colors and flavors and ages! Clem
beck5711
(Becky) Colmesneil, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2008
9:29 PM

Post #5095956

LOL girls.. I remember that groove thing too...

No.. Aunt B... this is 6' in the center... so it is quite large... wish I could remember better... but I think he said it only cost about 150 bucks!! And it was long too!! I don't know how to do this hyperlink stuff or I would look it up for you. I think it was on a thread janlynn started about 1 month ago... BUT...
GOSH... you might could get that greenhouse for free... just to get it of their property.. heck they might say no.. but then they might say YES!! AND TY for the sweet offer to come help build me one.. I might take you up on that one day!!

samigal... congrats...on the brugs... which ones did you get

Clem... hottie chicks??? LOL I am HOT but it was because I mowed all day..LOL. then I went to see my Momma in the nursing home and went by Lowes.. the girl told me about selling plants dirt cheap, and they weren't that bad!! I got about 350 worth of plants for less than 50.. I am talking $... I have a Pontiac Vibe.. and I tell you.. there was NOT a spot to put anything else in there...LOL I love those bargains... no brugs though..

Doe41
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2008
10:04 AM

Post #5097958

Once a "Hottie", always a "Hottie"! Just takes some of us longer to discover that!!! ;=D
AuntB
NE, KS
(Zone 5b)

June 13, 2008
11:14 AM

Post #5098386

I'm doing it! I'm going over there and just knock on the door and ask. Thanks for the nudge, Peg! I never thought of those plastic light cover panel things! I have one from the units I got (some panels broken -$10 at Lowes) for the basement last Fall. I left them off for more light... I'll run over there after work, IF we don't have bad storms... (Bad last night on the way home, very exciting drive, felt like a storm chas-ee, very fun- I like to watch storms) Becky!!! I LOVE those kind of bargains! Way to go. Maybe I'll check out our Lowe's.. Now the greenhouse, it can't be that hard to de-contruct, I hope hope hope they want someone, like a "Hot" AuntB, to take it off their hands...
Yesterday the gal that works with me sent me an email - subject was "for ALL the hot women" - I made some snide comment about lukewarm or something but I opened it and there was the cartoon character MAXINE-- coffee cup in hand and about 12 of those little round 1950's looking fans... cute!! Hey! I have little $6 Dollar General fans planted all over, the bed stand, end table by where I watch tv, my desk at work... I bring em on vacation! And Doe confirms, so, I guess I AM still a hottie!! lol
abbisgranma
Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2008
11:15 AM

Post #5098401

...once a Hottie always a hottie!!!

Scouting my yard. watching the sun. So excited!!!!!!
beck5711
(Becky) Colmesneil, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2008
1:21 PM

Post #5098977

Wheeeeee!!! Aunt B.. you go girl... get over there with your sweetest HOT smile ... I hope they just give it to you!!!!! I am excited for you!! Fans... I have them everywhere too..lol

OK... ya'll are right... WE ARE HOT!!!!

Yep abbisgranma.. I gotta get back outside too...
merpeg
Midwest City, OK
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2008
2:52 PM

Post #5099352

Okay,, so now our new thread is going to be Newbie Hotties?? LOL Seriously ladies, all of you have too beautiful of personalities not to be georgous!! We already know that Anjl and Beck are hotties, we saw their pictures.

I have fans sitting all around in my work office, ( I am lucky enough to work from home) but my big dog gets right in front of them and gets sooo comfortable. I love it that I work and he hogs all the air and snoozes!!
Good luck AuntB on that GH. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. Maybe you can come storm chasing with me tonight. We have some really dark bad looking clouds building up south and east of here.

Everyone have a wonderful, brugicious weekend. I've go to get outside. I've been cooped up all day working. Peg

See The rest is history like I said and I love all of ya, Clemen

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Chrissy, nice to meet an international hottie.

Clem, that was great, I’ve read some of the older threads but not all. I think I have to start at the beginning.

Becky, Peg, Louise and Kim thank you for the birthday wishes, and for the song.

The rain has stopped, the temp dropped at least 20 degrees, and the humidity is lifting. I gotta run outside and pick up the mess I left before it started. 67 degrees wow, haven’t seen a number that low in long time.

Haha nice recap Clemen!

Oh Donna I would LOVE that cool temp right now!

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

hahahahaha...you hotties are cool!

This message was edited Jul 27, 2008 10:24 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hello everyone and welcome to the newbies...
37f sound real good right now. Wish I were in Sydney.

Now we have to change our motto, to the

"International Hotties"

Linda Kay

HOTTIES for ever and ever!!! Young and old, Clemen

LINDA, I like that, I am already international over here, except I am living in the USA, the best place to be!!!! Clem

Crissy.. welcome to our lil Hottie brug group.. or are we groupies???..LOL OH I havelurkrd at all your beauties.. you sure know how to grow them "downunder"... Gorgeous pics!!
Clemie.. sooo glad you brought all that up again.. hard to believe it was only in JUNE...????!!!! Reminds me.....
Mz BONNIE.... been back over to that greenhouse yet??? hmmmm????....hehe
I don't know about 37... but that 67 sounds wonderful.. gimme that all year long!!!
naw... Linda Kay.. we are just plain Hotties... gone crazy..

Who's crazy? Crazy's a relative term! (Whatever that means!)

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

I wish I could send ya’ll some cool. The boomers are back and I can’t get outside to enjoy it.

If this is crazy then I like crazy, I must be crazy too.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

ccan i still be a hottie and NOT be hot?! ugh!
still no bloom on h. gold, and still cant eat or drink. stuck in bed today. but at least its cool in here.dh is tearing up part of my kitchen and entryway installing AC for me --he's the hottie! lol
and he wont let me out of the room. everytime i get up to try to get something or do something...hes out there standing guard and sends me back to my room :o( well, then he gets whatever i wnted....but still feel like a prisoner lol.
Imay have to dress in black and sneak out the back door to go checkon my brugs!

Back to your room!! it's for your own good! No night ninja moves for you missy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.