Fast Okra Blossoms

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

I've noticed some blooms on my okra today.

Brighton, MO(Zone 6a)

Ohhhweee did we have somthing good tonight!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/kayes-okra-fry-bread-recipe/index.html

Okra fry bread. Okra and onions in a half corn meal half flour batter. Tastes like a corn meal pancake with okra in it. Easier than fried okra, and the onion gives it a bit more taste. Had it with boneless pork sirloin chops and a grape tomato and caper salad.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We are having "hoppin' jack". Okra, tomato, onion, bell pepper, blackeye peas, over rice. Of course, all the seasonings the law allows. Along with pulled pork.
Don't get no better than that, solja!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ya all are making me drool here. Somebody pass a drool towel and a plate of food too, please. ; )

We all learn, somethign new everyday. Life is ever changing and so is gardening. Even though we may have rather been doing "fun " stuff and playing our days away when younger, it is good that our parents did make us try and do gardening work. Now it is fun and a challenge and your right, it is ever so satifying to get out there and see something you grew and eat the fruits of that labor.

I feel sorry for those children whose folks don't have the time or desire to teach them. The children losing the chance at a joy of the future ad a change if things ever get bad of knowing how to sustain themselves.

My one friend lives over in the city where there only like feet between the side of the house and the neighbors driveway. he lines the wholeside of his house with big white five gallon buckets, fills them with half top soil and half composted manure, throws in the seed and lets em go to town. it pretty when they all in bloom. Decorates the side of his house and then he just goes out later and picks the crop, that is if he can beat his one grandson to it. Never seen a kid take to raw okra as this child does. Pic and pop in his mouth til he full.

dean. If you got blossoms, won't be long til you can pop some to eat too. : )

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

I already harvested three pods. There are others, but still too small.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.