Dolly hits landfall - no butterflies but have hummies :o)

Edinburg, TX

Funny stuff! I remember that ol' song :o) ♫♪...♥ it too!!!

Oh...and my SIL called to say one of the pumps broke up. Said she has walked outside to see how things were going and realized something was wrong when she saw flames on top of the water!

Turns out the road crews put out pylons to block off the road as they had the pump lines crossing over it to a drainage ditch but people would stop and move a cone or just drive over them and they kept knocking the pump lines out of whack. One of those must've yanked out a hose and toppled the pump causing gasoline to spill out!!! GEEEZ!!!

The road crews were nearby monitoring the area and got everything under control quickly. Two pumps are still working and they have now parked a huge tanker on the road. SIL is not sure if they are filling the tanker up with water they are draining out or using it as a go between the pumps and the drainage ditch. But either way, the water is starting to go down. It will still take several days no doubt...but all I can say is what freaky bad luck!!!

Guess we can now say waterfront property a built in tiki torch?!

If I keep up these bad jokes I'm going to be voted off the island!!! Heh! Heh!

~ Cat

This message was edited Jul 28, 2008 9:33 PM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

voted off the island. Belly rolling here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

I agree, Deb - Belly (& etc.) rolling down here! Cat - you're hilarious! Thanks for the great chuckles this morning w/ my coffee! Samantha

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

LMAO here. A floating tiki torch. It won't work on my laptop. Do you have to have the separate number pad? Oh well, my brain is too tired from all this heat anyway.
Elaine

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Nope, Elaine, those alternate characters require the numeric key pad that Lap tops don't have. Here's a cheat sheet if any of you want to bookmark it. Good to have when you need a ™ sign, or a ® sign, or a © sign, or want to spell a Latin or French name like André, or write a recipe: ¾ cup of flour.
http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

That's really scarry about the water being on fire, Cat. Has the water all been pumped out now?

Edinburg, TX

There is still standing water in the yard. The pumping process slowly continues. Now it's an ongoing battle with skeeters!

~ Cat

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't envy the process of clean up in the buildings that flooded. Our shop/shed had 2 foot inside one year and everything floated and walls molded. It was a mess!

Edinburg, TX

Talked my SIL a few minutes ago. Said the county only has one pump going. The other was moved to another part of town. The water has gone down 1/2 inch only...then again, considering how widespread the flooding is and how all the yards blend together...guess that makes a huge amount if you're looking at 100 acres :o)

On a good note...brother is heading to the ranch to pick up the flatbed trailer. Dad wants him to buy disc and tiller attachments for the tractor!!! Woohoo!!! I might finally get some acreage at the ranch cleared off and prepared for fall planting!!!

Brother already has his orders from me - I want patches of land cleared away around the property perimeter, around the pond area and throughout the brushland where there are open spaces with grass that can be plowed up :o)

~ Cat

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I see butterflies in the future,,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.