Pushing the limits

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

How far can you go to push your garden to fit what you want in a space that is less then ideal and still make it work?

How many criteria can you make the garden fit before you hit overload?

How do you know you've gone beyond the line of wonderful excess to down right overload?

I have tried to grow a mostly native plant garden,that is wildlife friendly, with 4 season appeal as a street side garden in a very limited space. I've had some success in recreating the feeling of walking through a field of grasses and wildflowers when you walk past my house.The rabbits are convinced even if the people might not be. It takes a lot of editing and refining to balance between natural looking growth and restraining plants invisibly to stay within bounds since mine is partially a curbside garden. On the good days it can look glorious but there are other times when the garden just looks badly sited.

How are you trying to push limits in your garden?

This message was edited Jul 23, 2008 8:01 AM

Thumbnail by sempervirens
This thread has 62 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!