Dear DonnieBrook's Birthday is today

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I hope you have a wonderful day. Wish I could stop by for a cuppa with you and see your garden and house. The girls send wags too! Lots of good wishes, blooms and no weeds. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Gosh, Patti! How did I miss this thread until now/?????? So sorry! You are so sweet to have posted this. Thank you so much......and today is my son's birthday (38), so it's still a special day! Thank you again!!

Louise

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday from me and the cats!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Memory!!

Thomaston, CT

Happy happy, Louise! Buy something special---do something special---it should be a fun day!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Robin! If I play my cards right, I may just drag out my birthday as long as Harper has!! LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

How did we miss your birthday? I hope it was happy, Louise, and maybe it will be a new baby's birthday today!

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll help drag out your birthday, Louise. I can't believe I missed this. Hope you have a wonderful birthday month.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, whew, I didn't miss it. There were two threads going.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/879854/

But happy birthday twice.

Now I can relax, I was feeling badly missing the birthday of such a lovely lady.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, thank you, Polly! You didn't miss it at all! I even missed this thread for ten whole days! LOL

I don't think you missed the first one either, Carrie! Thanks again.........and yes, we do have a brand new granddaughter......our very first girl.........We got the call at 11:15 last night! All is well!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Well, congrats again then., Louise.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thank you, Thank you, Polly!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Congratulations Louise! You must be so thrilled. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I am, indeed, Eleanor! Thank you. How is our little Colin doing today? I think of him often....very tough on a little guy, and he's SO lucky to have such a special Grandmother!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Louise, I'm so sorry to have missed your day.

Here's to an especially wonderful garden spirit.

Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Well darn! I haven't had much time to visit the NE forum lately and I missed BOTH threads !! Wishing you a happy belated birthday Louise and congratulations on your new granddaughter :)

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Wow, I'm really late as well. Happy birthday just the same, hopefully it's still a party!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

I ment to attach this up above. Seems sort of cheery.

Thumbnail by redchic01

Thanks for asking about Colin, Louise. Things are not going great for the little guy. Besides his parents breaking up, his speech is worse and the doctors think he might be autistic. He had another speech evaluation the other day and he failed with flying colors - he has regressed. He now qualifies for early intervention. More evaluations will be done and we will get the ball rolling on that next week. When they get through with all of the evaluations they will start therapy. He has an appointment with a pediatric behavior and developmental doctor but not until December. That is so far away when you want to help him. Hopefully the early intervention programs will get him started on the right road. He is still my sweet little boy and the joy of my life, but he gets so frustrated cause he can't communicate. He also stands out when he is with other children. Even the children notice something is different and ask what is wrong with him. His intelligence seems to be normal and his hand-eye coordination is excellent. His gross motor skills are very good also - he can climb the ladder and the rock wall on his playset (with spotting of course). He can figure out how to do all of the things we don't want him too - he is a very curious little boy. We got a call this morning at 4:00 from a neighbor (she stays up all night and goes to bed at 5:00) and our light in the CRV was on. The window in the rear door was ajar - it opens electronically with the key and guess who did that and does it all of the time. Gotta hide those keys. One morning while we were at camp we woke to someone beeping their horn. It was my CRV and Colin was locking the door with the key and kept pressing the button at 5:00 am!! I know i shouldn't post a pic of him but I can't help showing off the love of my life!! Here he is with Grampy making sure he doesn't fall. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Louise

Thumbnail by ge1836
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I wouldn't worry about posting his picture Louise. I post my grandchildren all the time. They don't live with me, and without knowing their last names, good luck finding them. Your grandson is so adorable.

And don't worry too much about the autism consideration yet. Autism is the new ADHD. Years ago we thought of autism as children who did not speak at all, and seemed to live in their own worlds. Now kids that would have been diagnosed ADHD are being diagnosed autistic.

My daughter's brother in law's child is the typical ADHD from back when i was teaching and then working in childrens services, and is now being called autistic. He is very intelligent, higly functioning, but has problems voicing his thoughts, and playing with others, he is aggressive. So that's not what I think of as autism. But that's what they call it nowadays. He is on the medication for ADHD, and seems much better. He is 5 now, and his verbal skills are much improved.

Of course Colin regressed when his parents split up. I assume that was recent? That's too bad.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy belated one! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy. happy birthday! Hope you are having better weather than I am - yet another thunderstorm!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

missed this tread db been playing with rocks - happy b-day 12 days late

Thanks for your post Polly. (I'm Eleanor, but it's Louise's birthday thread) I'm sure hoping that the diganosis is going to be different. After teaching music for 30+ years I dealt with hundreds of ADHD and autistic kids. Being a music teacher, I got them all. Colin shows a lot of the characteristics of both and if he is, he will get the best help there is available. Actually Colin is doing better in some areas. Because of the spilt he is now living in his Auntie Jenn's house. Jenn has set up a routine and schedule, so that he knows what to expect when, and he is well taken care of and he is happy being there. She is more his mother than his real one. The three of us went on a picnic yesterday and Colin fell asleep in Jenn's arms and they just looked so natural and peaceful together dozing in the chair. His mother can't stay home long enough to spend time with him. His father only sees him once a week at the most. Oh well, enough venting! Eleanor
p.s. - this is still Louise's bithday thread so happy birthday again Louise!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, Eleanor, I know the difference between you and Louise, sorry about that.

Please keep us posted on how Colin is doing.

And happy birthday year, Louise.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much, Laurel, Deb, Redchic, Jo Anne, Clemen, Michaela and Bill! What nice, thoughtful friends to take the time to send such warm wishes! I'm having more fun now than I did on the real day!! LOL

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I dunno how I missed this one!

Happy Belated Month-long Birthday Celebration! Only 17 days left!

Funny I should find it on this particular day.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Willie. As my husband would say, I'm really milking it!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.