Northeast Gardening: Dear DonnieBrook's Birthday is today, 1 by grammyphoeb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright grammyphoeb

In reply to: Dear DonnieBrook's Birthday is today

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Dear DonnieBrook's Birthday is today
grammyphoeb wrote:
Thanks for asking about Colin, Louise. Things are not going great for the little guy. Besides his parents breaking up, his speech is worse and the doctors think he might be autistic. He had another speech evaluation the other day and he failed with flying colors - he has regressed. He now qualifies for early intervention. More evaluations will be done and we will get the ball rolling on that next week. When they get through with all of the evaluations they will start therapy. He has an appointment with a pediatric behavior and developmental doctor but not until December. That is so far away when you want to help him. Hopefully the early intervention programs will get him started on the right road. He is still my sweet little boy and the joy of my life, but he gets so frustrated cause he can't communicate. He also stands out when he is with other children. Even the children notice something is different and ask what is wrong with him. His intelligence seems to be normal and his hand-eye coordination is excellent. His gross motor skills are very good also - he can climb the ladder and the rock wall on his playset (with spotting of course). He can figure out how to do all of the things we don't want him too - he is a very curious little boy. We got a call this morning at 4:00 from a neighbor (she stays up all night and goes to bed at 5:00) and our light in the CRV was on. The window in the rear door was ajar - it opens electronically with the key and guess who did that and does it all of the time. Gotta hide those keys. One morning while we were at camp we woke to someone beeping their horn. It was my CRV and Colin was locking the door with the key and kept pressing the button at 5:00 am!! I know i shouldn't post a pic of him but I can't help showing off the love of my life!! Here he is with Grampy making sure he doesn't fall. Eleanor