I just Have to Show you all the Sweetest People!

Dahlonega, GA

better try spelling that Diesel , unless you'r one of those mothers that has to screw up Mary with Mari .lol sis , i've done it too ! starting to lay blocks today , gotta go, and bring him with you when you come , if i don't see you at the swap nov 8 in Dacula . s

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yep Thats me! I Screwed up his name alright but thats okay! You see , My Name is Meri , not Mary OR Mari!!! Haaahahaha~ Blame My Mom!
Have Not heard about the swap yet! But with work schedule probably want happen for me! Well Im off to work! Running late again! taking Deisel with me today! Getting him used to folks! OR maybe getting them used to him! Most people back off from Great Danes, But I want them to see how gentle he is, But give him plenty of respect!
Later Ya'll! Have a good day!

Dahlonega, GA

uffie , you rock ! sis

Woodstock, GA

You guys are cool

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

But of course, Sflowers, and a little nutz too at times.

We have ice falling with the rain right now. Good day to make soup and grind spices. Also planning to make butternut squash and sage ravioli in brown butter from TG leftovers.

Let's take bets to see if Sally can really last until Spring without a computer. I'm thinking maybe DH will give her a laptop for the holidays.
Laurel

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

maypop did i read that right that she is computerless?

Fremar, Digger switches homesteads, and states, for the Winter. I believe she has a desktop here in GA 'cause she mentioned she'd miss everyone until Spring and was hoping she could find a way to get on line.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

You are right on Laurel, I just found the library . only 15 mi from home ,so can't get in often . All's well here, have a blessed Christmas ,all and can't wait to get back to my own puter so's not to have to sign in for everything . A laptop is in the far future .Gosh ,you guys, I miss you all . digger

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I think a Merry Christmas is in line for everyone.So have A Verry Merry Christmas!!
Mike

I'm missing you too Sally. You are always such a positive person here. Check in when you can.

A Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Beautiful Kwanzaa to all who celebrate.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

Hello, all, had a little more time to check in today . Haven't done squat while here . saving all my energy to put in that Georgia garden when I get home . love to All, s& j .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey there Y'all!
It was so good talking to you Sal on the phone the other night! Hope you get good and rested , 'cause Im going to asking you a lot of Q's about what you will be puttin' in this year! Will you be trying the straw bale thing again? If you do I will be following in your footsteps. I am determined to make it work this time around!
And just when do you plan on comin' home Missy Ma'am? We miss you over here in Ga. Im hoping When you get here, Ill be able to make a run up and grab me a cup of coffee with you and MayPop!

Come on by Eufaula, but it'll be more like herb tea and (garden) pun'kin pie. Sally brings her own vices when she visits (were not counting DH here).

Sally, this will be your special check in thread. Let us know what's going on. Just to let you know the weather has been terrible over here! When it's not been freezing it's raining. I don't remember such a gloomy Winter. Many of my orchids are not setting blooms with these dark days. Can't wait to crank the tiller.

Wishing you lots of sunshine. Here's an orchid that's brightening my days...
Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks MayPop, Yep Coffee is My downfall!! I just cant make it through the winter without it! The ladies at work gave me a cup that says
"No Coffee--No Workie"
Sal and I will just have to bring our "No No's" with us.... but a good cup of herbal Tea sounds wonderful too!
Lordy , I wish I had a tiller! I still have to do my breakin' with Pick Ax Shovel and Hoe. You know what I mean, It depends on whether the ground has had enough rain or not to make it "diggable" or rock hard! I'm thinking that with all the rain lately, we may just have"good" soil this time around!
Im really wanting to do the Straw bale thing though. this year we will have enough access to bales, which as you know wasnt so easy for the past couple of years.
By the way I just love your Orchid. Another one of those things I used to grow but had to let go due to room and time.

Dahlonega, GA

Oofie, talked to Maypop yesterday, and won't be putting in as much as I want this year .Straw bales for sure ,and some herbs.Get a spade fork , it makes digging much easier, and lots of mulch worked in . Hay or straw works good . I'll put the coffee on and get something good for Maypop. I've almost quit smoking. should be through with them in just a few days ! Keep your fingers crossed for me . love to all , digger

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Ohhh Sally My Girl! Im so proud of you! Its not easy quitting those nasty ole things but I Know you can do it! My fingers are crossed and my prayers for you are every day!
Oofie

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

way to go digger!!!!!!
my wife and I have been trying to quit since November .I've been stretching a pack out to 3 days now.
I hope I can quit before spring.
Keep in touch and be safe

Dahlonega, GA

try the chantix, it helps a bunch. from the library and me , love to all , digger

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

my wife is using the chantix,I've stopped cold turkey before and if I can keep her off the cigs I dont have a problem

It's a great choice to quit, even if you have to do it again and again. I have done it, DH has done it and we count it as one of our top lifetime accomplishments (along with our three kids and thirty eight year marriage). It's now been seventeen years. Sounds like many years if you are still puffing, but just yesterday if you are us. Keep up the good work to all who are trying.
Laurel

Dahlonega, GA

Bumping this up so I can report to everyone that the Chantix worked for three weeks , then I backslid . Ins won't pay again and 450.00 is a lot of money at one time . The thirty pounds I gained have been impossible to lose so joined Weight Watchers and lost 9 1/2 pounds in two weeks .Hopefully , this will get me back to at least being comfortable . Not slim , but at least be able to put socks on easily.30 pounds to go , so will report on success along and someone else may benefit from W W also.
Eufaula (Oofie) remains my best friend and "heart sister". She has helped me through all those down times and so thankful for her just" being there " A better sister isn't to be had .We trade visits and my home is her home whenever she can come to visit .Her dog , P. P . is a sweet love and has the longest tongue I ever saw on a great Dane , he is only a toy chihuahua. Don't know how he keeps it all in his mouth . LOL
I grew my first collards, broccoli , spinach ever, here in Texas and will repeat it next fall . No bugs or problems at all and sooo good .It was grown in a compost bin in the front yard .The hay bales will be on the list for Georgia again but will plant determinant toms this time . Maybe I can beat the bugs .I have been playing with E buckets idea from the container garden forum per GymGirl and she has a winner . She supplied my plants for the compost veggies and so grateful for the chance to try them .I wouldn't have tried them if not for her .
D H and I always have a project going and this time it's a screened in porch 11x20 on our mobile home here in Tex .The mosquitoes are vicious.here on the coast and any warm day they are unbearable outside without repellent .I'm allergic to the stuff , breaks my arms out when the sun shines on them. Worse itching than the bugs
See you guys and gals later , be safe and healthy ,and thinking of all often , Hugs , Sally

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

AWWWWWWW! You are so sweet Digger! Hopefully you will be able to work on that smoking thing, but great going on the WW, Yaaay! Oh and (lol!) dont think I didnt get the hint on joining up too!! See you in April!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

GOOD FOR YOU GIRLS!!! Keep at it, you will have lots more energy for planting, weeding,,,, lol

Elaine

Dahlonega, GA

Thanks, E F. I tell you it's a lot easier counting points rather than calories .I can have some of anything , even pecan pie . I try to stay away from sugar , AND can , easy . Ask Maypop , it's my downfall.
Oofie , I'll see about getting another points book for you . You're not fat , just fluffy.lol

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Ding Dang it!! Leave it to your Sissy to announce to the world that you are ....ahem......."Fluffy"!! Oh well Im least She didnt Say "Squishy"!!! LOL!!!! Okay Okay I can take a hint.....get me the book!

Dahlonega, GA

Giggle , I wish I looked as good as you do in pants .I am going to get some extra books tho and it'll be next Thursday . Don't make me look for your address in my stuff . D mail me . D H says hugs too .

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Digger:

Try electronic cigarettes. But I really feel it's a matter of having to quit. I really had to. I couldn't walk up and down hills without gasping for air and I was down to eight smokes a day (from 2 packs). I thought I had COPD then I saw an infomercial, scoured the web for forums and finally bought some. That was mid September last year. No desire for cigs now. I can puff forever and still breathe. It can become another addiction however, but there's no proof anyone has died from ecigs.

There is a learning curve to finding the right fit. I don't gag and cough anymore, smell nasty etc. Costs are running about $500 per year, but could easily be reduced to $300.

Dahlonega, GA

So good to hear from you ,KD . I've been looking into the electronic , but haven't made up my mind yet . Thanks for the input , just more info to consider .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.