Feedback requested on potential "Marketplace" tiles

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

It's been a while since I've posted here, but as some of you know I make stoneware tiles. I've given some thought to selling some of my tiles on the DG Marketplace, and I'd like opinions from the mosaic-makers before I go further than my thoughts.

Attached is a photo of some handpainted ones; these are 2" tiles painted in sets of 4. They came out flat, and I'd consider them "firsts". That's not always the case, however, especially with larger tiles. I have a bunch of 4" tiles that I'd consider "seconds"---they are not flat (they curved up in the middle during firing). I would guess they can still be used for mosaic work, but everything I've done so far calls for flat tiles. I also have plain cobalt blue tiles, and some other earth-tone colors. Sometimes the designs don't come out well, and I'd just love to see those puppies smashed! And some, of course, get broken while I'm working on a project, but I can't bear to throw them away, so I have a bag of bits that someone might find useful.

The tiles I make are are high-fired stoneware, so they're extremely durable (they'd be OK outside in freezing temps).

Please tell me if you think these might be something mosaic-makers would be interested in buying, or if I need to think of something else to do with them!~

Thumbnail by imapigeon
This thread has 42 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!