Flowers, guineas, grandbabies, etc.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Took a bunch of photos today. Here's some oriana lilies from the coop Neal did earlier this year.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Same lilies

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sunset and Ruby Star coneflowers

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

A bumble bee on a coneflower

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

These are the guineas that Larlienda gave me. She hatched them from eggs. The chicken is Buffy, the hen who was picked on so badly by the other chickens.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Another shot of the coneflowers that shows them in context in the bed

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Big Smile daylily, which has really lived up to its name this year with huge flowers.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I love this photo. These are my grandbabies, my daughter and my mom taken last Monday.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

My two granddaughters

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

My grandson. He and the littler little girl are twins.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Puppies, who are growing like weeds.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Finally, some more daylilies

Thumbnail by hart
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I"LL TAKE the pup in bac k with white around his/her nose!!!!!!

Not really,but if I could..

Thanks for sharing!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Great photos hart - the pups are adorable, as are the grandchildren :) I'd love to have one of those dresses - think they make them in my size? LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sally, I think that puppy is adorable too. Heck, I think they're all adorable.

Aren't those dresses cute, Debbie? It was wonderful to see the grandbabies. I haven't seen them for such a long time. You can tell my mom was really happy to see her great-grandchildren too.

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks for sharing. Wonderful pictures. Great subjects. Brings joy and smiles just seeing them all. You are truly blessed in many ways.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I LOVE those dresses. Where did they get them? Cute kids and puppies... I love puppies.Do they still have their puppy breath?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I don't know where she got the dresses. Probably down in Ashville NC. I'll ask her next time I email her.

The puppies still have a little bit of puppy breath. I read something interesting about that recently. No one really knows what causes it, that it's probably some enzyme produced when they digest their food. But they think it might be a survival mechanism - to make them not smell like prey to the other dogs.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahh Diane...are you lovin' that camera or what?!?! Really nice shots...esp that coneflower w/bee!!! Grandkids are absolutely adorable...what sweeties!! And of course I think the pups are great...esp. that one in the front to right!!! LOL Although Sally's got a point...one w/the pretty marking reminds me of the markings our Akita had many years ago. Can't tell by that pic but he had more white around the tip of his muzzle.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2008 4:48 PM

Thumbnail by Chantell
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Pretty dog, Chantell. That's an adorable photo. And, yes, the puppy on the right is the choice of discerning puppy connoisseurs. ;>)

I really love this camera. I can't say it's a huge improvement over my old Olympus as far as photography but the features are great and I'm astonished that I'm still on the first set of batteries. The Olympus would run down batteries after each batch of photos. I do NOT like the lens cap falling off if you breath on it. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes...battery life is exceptional on this esp if you use the view finder in lieu of the LCD screen more often then not. My lens cap isn't overly tight nor does it fall off by itself - I think I'd contact Canon and ask them about that. I'd be known too happy considering THAT'S what protects the lens.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I know I keep asking this and forgetting, but what is the camera?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

It's a Canon Powershot S1 IS. It's second on the list of recommended cameras among the superzooms on Steve's Digicams. It's not horribly expensive either. Chantell has an earlier version of the same camera. This one has a couple of features the older ones don't have such as a hot shoe.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/canon_s5is.html

You're right, Chantell. I will contact Canon. At least it comes with a little lasso to attach it to the camera. My Olympus didn't have that and I was always misplacing the darned lens cap.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks! I need to buy myself a camera, plus one for one of my kids (a graduation present -- but she won't get one that nice!).

To clarify -- this is graduation present celebrating her graduation from 8th grade . . . .

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 7:10 PM

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Canon has a bunch of the Powershots that have less zoom that are a lot cheaper. More like in the $125-$150 range. I just dmailed you a terrific deal on the S5 1S at Circuit City that even includes a free 2g card and they have a bunch of the other Powershots on sale too. Free shipping as well.

We've had Canon 610 and now a 710. Like them fine, but I picked up a Panasonic at Target before my trip- on clearance- and found it very easy to figure out without the manual- which I did not get because of the clearance. (Target puts cams on the display thing, and throws away all the packaging)

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Wonderful photos, Diane! Thank you for sharing the photos of your family - they look very happy together.

My choice is the black one....love puppies.

Crozet, VA

Sally, you could probably find the camera makers website and download a copy of the user's manual. I believe that one is available for my camera, which is a good thing, because I have been know to misplace things from time to time.

Hart, I didn't even know that you had grandchildren and that your mother was still alive. Shows how much I know. They are really cute children. I love the pups also. How old are they now?

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are great.

This is Emily last week when I visited her. She has had her first birthday now and is walking. She tries to talk also, but her eyes say everything that she wants to say.

Thumbnail by rubyw
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

How adorable, Ruby!!! Those eyes....wowzers!!!

LOL, or COL, we've misplaced the Panasonic camera now! if it turns up. yes I believe the salesman also said I could download a manual.

Cutie Emily! I see a resemblance. I amazes me how you can often see a resemblance in a little baby to an adult.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, 'paws. It's been an experience.

Ruby, Emily is cute as a button. Such a dollbaby. Yes, I have grandchildren although these will be it. She's my only child and won't be having any more.

The puppies will be eight weeks old tomorrow.

Crozet, VA

Sally, a friend of mine from high school called me back towards Christmas. She had seen my son, his wife and Emily at a store. She called to say that Emily was the spitting image of me and my mom. That made me feel really good.

Ruby

Oh for sure! I see it, an I don't even know you all thatwell. I think tis fascinating that there must be some kind of geometry or something that we all do unconsciously that lets us recognize people.

(wrong thread, but John might have fun with a paintball gun and his four legged friends) "Hey there's Old Blue back for dessert!"

Crozet, VA

Sally, he was terrorizing the front yard bunnies with the bottle rockets one day this week. ha-ha All he accomplished was to scare the dogs and had them inside at my feet, shivering.

I will mention the paint gun idea. ha-ha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.