Official 2008 Ugliest Daylily Contest, Pt. 2

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

dahlianut don't worry your turn will come soon. ^_^

In the meantime here's one of my contestants.

Sea Urchin looking like it's waving one arm

Thumbnail by MollyD1953
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Serengeti with puckered lips

Thumbnail by MollyD1953
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Jane Mahan looking her best

Thumbnail by MollyD1953
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Respighi with a bumble foot

Thumbnail by MollyD1953
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

The entire USA is under a ugly attack !
this year is weirder than usual ?

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Tazzy here we've had 9 straight days of rain most of the time. In the last two days we've gotten about a month's worth of rain at one time :-( Enough is enough! Somebody turn that faucet off!!!

MollyD

we did that last 2 weeks in June
now we are dry and in the 100°

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Jasperdale lurking from the get go in 2008. New member this year. Somehow I find myself strangley attracted to the funky weird. This is soooooooo great. Go Daylily Peoples go!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hang around a while ~ we'll all kind of weird. ;)

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Molly did you get sun yet? We finally have some. Forgot what it was like. Most of the DLS are a soggy mess.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

dmcdevitt for the first time in ten days we got sunshine! I think my plants were all squinting and blinking LOL. I know I got a mild burn while I was out working with them.

MollyD

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Molly, I am really concerned about your plants. Is it possible that during the nights a mean old elf is rep[lacing your daylilies with...uh..uh...I can't think of anything that ugly. It would be difficult to vote on the winner of the ugly contest..there are so many deserving ones!!

Fairview, TN

I am here as part as the daylily mafia.. All daylilies need love...even the ugly.. How do you think I would feel if you posted my misformed body on the internet and called me ugly...hehhe just kidding.. The poor babies can't help that there parents don't have the right genes.. they are merely products of conception
.....love the the poor babies.. maybe next year they will give ya blue ribbon babies..
nashflower

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

replacing them with trolls maybe?

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

Maybe someone should allow equal billing and start a thread, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!"

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I vote for that!!!! Do I get a vote? ^_^ I don't have any ugly but I have way bad. Did I ever tell you the story of the "corn plant" lily........ or the "I'm a Pixie but I Lie Alot" lily..... or the "Ya right part shade NOT" lily..... pretty please let's do a "Daylilies Go to the Dark Side" or "Daylilies Go Bad" or "Thug Daylilies" thread. Just a thought.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

LOL floweringchild there are a few that I am sure pixies replaced with ugly substitutes cause no way could they be the beautiful plants pictured by the hybridizer!

MollyD

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

So many uggggly DL. Poor babies.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Please Say Yes' should of said NO!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Have you tried begging??

Living up to it's name... Purple Oddity

Thumbnail by Moby
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

This is like rooting for the underdogs, isn't it? Or those kids in school who were always the last to get picked to be on a team.

Have we foregotten that ugly duckilings sometimes become swans?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I think that's what this thread is all about ~ we know they all have swan potential. :)

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Good things come to those who wait....and wait and wait and wait...LOL

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I think it's also about shared misery knowing what we paid for some of these dogs! LOL

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

That's how I feel about Jane Mahan. I'm about ready to trade her to someone down south where I hear she does real well. Anyone down south got something in JM's price range that doesn't do well in your heat down there?

MollyD

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

oh my, she is a lovely one! i could send you my first born child! lol of course, i am kidding, i would need several more in exchange. ;) if i sent you my 5 yr old, Alex, you would be sending him right back! :)

tracie

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

LOL I suspect I would being past the years where I had the strength to keep up with a five year old!!

MollyD

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

especially Alex, he is my little Tasmainian Devil! lol he never seems to run out of energy. i wish i had an extension cord that i could connect from him to me, because i sure need some of his energy. :)

tracie

Alex

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

He reminds me of my oldest one Halloween when he wanted to be a cowboy LOL. He looked so darn cute and so does your son!

MollyD

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

What beautiful eyes.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Aggie that ain't no ugly DL.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Alex is the prettiest flower on this post! :) Don't tell him I said he was pretty though. Good looking kid! If we could bottle the energy those youngsters have, that would be something!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Chele you said it. I would love to have a little of that energy.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Orchid Corsage is usually so beautiful that it's hardly fair to put it here on its first slip, but I haven't had many uglies just lately.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

OK...I've got the answer: The uglies are earthquake predictors !
LISTEN to your daylilies ! LOL

Oh sure...I'm one to talk !

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

thank you guys. he has my eyes as he will quickly tell you. unfortuneately, he has his dads ears! lol he was dressed up for some school program. he loves to sing and dance with his friends.

tracie

He a handsome little fellow , bet he full of pep
looks like he likes to have fun and use his imagination

Fredericksburg, VA

half hearted attempt at blooming

Thumbnail by mosbyone
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I've got a few candidates for this contest I'm afraid.
As always Jane Mahan is a contender. This was taken 7-30-08

Thumbnail by MollyD1953

I am not deformed i am Bee formed
bzzzz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.