Happy Birthday America!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. I was going to post this earlier but ended up at our neighbors all night.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks for the pretty picture, flowerjen. I hope you had a fun fourth.

I've had a bad flu all week and didn't do anything for the holiday. Finally starting to feel semi-human again.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That stinks, I hate even having a summer cold let alone the flu. Glad you're feeling a little better.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy 4th to everyone. Jen what a nice thought.
Hart I have been sick for a couple of days also. Missed all the fun parties. Only felt well enough this morning to do a little light gardening. Between naps.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sounds like what I had. It really knocked me for a loop. It was more than a couple of days, though. I think I had a touch of an ear infection too because my ears kept itching inside. I'm still feeling a bit flaky.

And, yes, as miserable as it is to be sick in winter, why is it so much more miserable in summer? Maybe because you're already hot and add in a fever and it's horrible. The digestives stuff seems to be more miserable too, though.

Holly, I hope you're feeling better. Naps are good.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Didn't do much on the 4th, a little gardening, cooked, sat a spell by the pond, had a beer. Nice having an extra day off.

Hope H&H are feeling better! Nice pic, Jen.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Diane I KNEW you didn't feel well....didnt' know you didn't either, Holly! I'm so sorry for the both of you and hope ya'll are feeling better soon. Agree with Diane being sick in summer is so much worse then winter!! hugs to you both
BTW, Jen....thank you...hope your's was a wonderful one!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi flowerjen! Sounds like you had the most fun in the group so far- Two of ours are teenagers and so going to fireworks with the family is BOR-ING to them. so we stayed home DH and ! and the youngest. Had a good rain here tho!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

We watched the fireworks on the Mall from the roof of my office . . . . in the rain.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm feeling better today, got out in the yard and did a little light gardening. I planted the stone walkway garden today and posted a lot of pictures. Ric came home with a yard sale find, one of those little rototillers. He couldn't wait to play with it so he put the finishing touches on my flower bed and this morning I went out and planted it. Did some other work but pretty leisurely. We will be going to a friends tomorrow so I didn't miss all the fun this weekend.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Went to see fireworks Thurs. night and then again tonight. Had hubby's family over for bbq today.....great beer brined ribs and smoked beef brisket...yummmmmmmm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.