Strawberries for fall planting

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

I want to replant my everbearer bed. I want to do it this fall. I'd like to get Tristar, although I'm open to some other variety, if I can find it.

But I can't find anyone selling strawberries for fall planting. OK, Raintree has them, but for $5/plant. Since I want 50 plants, that's a tad bit stiff for strawberries.

Does anyone know where I can get strawberries for planting this fall? Preferably from somewhere in the Midwest.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I got 25 Chandler plants delivered 2 years ago in September for a total of $23.49 including shipping. I would imagine the price has gone up since then, but it shouldn't be $5 per plant. This was from http://www.inberry.com/.

Looks like my 25 Quinault plants this fall are going to cost me $17 plus $25 shipping. Ouch!

This message was edited Jul 2, 2008 12:34 PM

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

That still sure beats $250!

I'll check them out, thanks.

Sumner, IA(Zone 4b)

I am also looking for strawberries, but I want them now. I looked at Gurneys.com and they have fall delivery and their prices are very reasonable.

Baltimore, MD

Look up Gurneys in Garden Watchdog before ordering -- they get some pretty bad reviews.

Scott

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

They do indeed!

Do you have any recommendations for a reliable vendor?

Baltimore, MD

If Indiana Berry is still shipping in the fall as feldon mentions above, you can't go wrong there -- they are the place for strawberries.

Scott

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

Good. Indiana is next door, so they would have suitable berries.

Anna, IL

No one has better berry plants than Nourse in my experience, but I don't know if they ship in the fall.
RED

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.