Barn swallows are gone :-(

Elyria, OH

The flock of barn swallows have left for the year, we had 11 successful nests and at times, there were groups of 30 to 40 swallows feeding on wing. Noisy little things, I sure am going to miss them, not to mention the flies are back !

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I know how you feel but they will be back next year - enjoy the peace, if not the flies...lol!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I noticed them gone the last time I mowed the lawn. I will miss those little dive bombers as I call them. Had them for the 1st time this year I did not know if they migrated or not glad to know now it was not just my yard they left. I learn so much here. :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey they have probably gone to Florida!! We have Canadian geese here and they are adorable and so funny. They walk up and down the road in front of my house. The area down towards the lake has not been bought up yet (I think under contract) and the grass had really grown tall. Last week someone cut it all down and now about 20 acres are visible to the naked eye...lol!! Anyway, there are hundreds, well almost, of geese just feeding and pecking away there - now they can find their food I guess without too much work :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.