Here Come the Dahlias!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well the borders are starting. Yeah! It will be a while for the standard size for me this year though. This is 'Wittem'

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What a beauty, Dalianut! I even bought a few of the small ones that are grown as annuals around here. I will post pictures when I have some nice blooms.

Santa Fe, NM

What a cutie! Mine are not blooming yet but Zingaro is budding. The other one got planted late and has just recently come up.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

paj the small borders usually give a great all summer performance so are definitely a good thing in my books. roybird I'm soooooo looking forward to your Zingaro. I don't have that one YET so I'm looking forward to your pics.

Santa Fe, NM

Still buds but not blooms yet. I'll send pics when I get 'em. You'll be tired of my pictures!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

No we won't. We never get tired of pictures.

Santa Fe, NM

That's what you say now. We'll see!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yep, we will. I love photos, especially of flowers and plants. If you tire me out I will be very surprised.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Me too I luv pics. The more the better. My roses have started to bloom. I will post pics on the rose thread when the rain stops.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will look for your posts on the rose thread! I am still soaking up info about roses.

Santa Fe, NM

O.K. I'll look on the rose thread. I haven't been there for awhile; looking forward to it!

Santa Fe, NM

Zingaro is budding, for sure. We have had so much cloudy weather that it is slowing things down.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oooooo that looks like its gonna be a gooder. My 'Bluesette' is 1/2 way open. Pic tomorrow I hope.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is one of my favorite borders 'Suneshine' coming to you this year courtesy of Jo North (Grow_Jo) who brought hers over when I lost mine to DBCS sob.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Suitzus Julie' a tiny border with 1" blooms.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Santa Fe, NM

Which thread did I post my Zingaro photos on? Guess it wasn't here. Dahlia, your dahlias are beautiful! They are my new favorite flowers! I have some newer photos of it, too, but haven't put them on computer yet. The most open bloom is now about 3 inches across. There are 8 buds on the plant, which is not quite 2 feet tall.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

There is another thread 'Dahlias in the Rockies' which we are trying to stick to now. dummy me started this thread when I got too excited with the first bloom.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Aw shucks, we don't mind having two dalhia threads. It also makes sense when a thread gets really long to start a new one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.